The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Sebec lake  (Read 1241 times)

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
Sebec lake
« on: Nov 21, 2007, 06:03 AM »
Just bought a camp at sebec lake right next to the state park, anyone fised that part of the lake with sucess before? Heard there were some big lakers in there.

Offline Doofy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Sebec lake
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2007, 07:00 AM »
If I am not mistaken I though Sebec was one of the original homes of the Landlock Salmon.  I hear about a few big Togue pulled out of there each year.  I also read somewhere it is underutilized as a bass fishery.  Never fished it but it is on the list.  Beautiful lake and the state park is nice.  Congrats on your new camp.

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2007, 07:22 AM »
beautiful lake...haven't fished it in 30 yrs but want to go back.................c ongrats
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline IceFish4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2007, 08:23 AM »
Just bought a camp at sebec lake right next to the state park, anyone fised that part of the lake with sucess before? Heard there were some big lakers in there.

I can't answer your questions about big fish in front of your camp, but if you need a caretaker Countyiceman and I would be happy to keep things in check.  We'll also send you pictures of any big fish caught while caretaking at your camp.

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2007, 10:43 AM »
According to the new law book that just came out, any area within 1500 ft of the state park is closed to ice fishing this year.  :-\

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2007, 10:44 AM »
Sorry bad joke.......I'm just jealous, never fished it but beautiful area up that way.  :tipup:

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2007, 11:09 AM »

Yes, lots of togue, some good ones, lots of smallish salmon.  Nice deep trench to dredge trolling as well.  Useless trivia - one of the largest lakes in Maine that runs east-west instead of north-south.  Congrats - any waterfront purchases these days is a good one.

Offline dadstacklebox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice it!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2007, 11:29 AM »

WOW, great news onehook! Welcome to Maine bud. I don't think you will be disapointed with this lake.  ;)
fire and ice go together like hate and love!
        Extreme Outdoors

Offline Keptafew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2007, 03:35 PM »
  Welcome to the Lake... I too have a place on Sebec Lake but there arent any fish in it  ;)2     
When you say you are right next to the State Park, do you mean next to the beach area or the gate area off Shore Road North? My place is close to the entrance gate on Shore Road South. My family and I live there 8 to 9 months out of the year.
A man should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.