The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: New hardwater boots  (Read 900 times)

Offline SparkyT

• Team IceShanty Addict
New hardwater boots
« on: Dec 19, 2011, 08:37 AM »
Picked up a pair of Sorel Glacier boots this weekend (Cabela's has lots of pac boots on sale), mostly for fishing, though they'll be the 'anything cold and snowy' boots as well.  Anyone have these boots, and what do you think of them?  I know the uppers are only 'water resistant', so I'll plan on giving them some extra water-proofing at some point.  Plus, I've got other rubber boots for the warmer, wetter part of the season.  The Sorels are more for keeping me extra warm so I can concentrate on the drin...  sorry, fishing...  :whistle:

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New hardwater boots
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2011, 08:44 AM »
I have sorels and love them they keep me pretty darn dry for only being water resistant, and definately warm good luck with them I think they were a good choice....
I Chase Toothy Critters!!!!

Offline NorthernFishFinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2011, 10:56 AM »
I'm glad this post came up.  I noticed these boots as well, but got turned away by the terms "water resistant".  I use an all rubber boot right now with removable inserts (got them in Canada) and they're for wet, not so much in those deep colds.  Curious to see what others think of these...

Offline APJ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • A Jig Rod in hand is worth fish on the ice..
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2011, 11:00 AM »
I have both the cabels'a pac boot leather uppers, and the Sorell pac boot leather uppers. The sorells are great boot But are a liitle cold on my feet in the extreme weather.   The Cabela's pac is rated for 100 below so I wear them on the real cold days but there a liitle heavy. :)    Still Sorells are a real good boot.. :)
[img       Former-( Air Plane Jigger)

Offline blktrk4man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2011, 11:50 AM »
I picked up a pair pf BOGS last winter and I've been pretty happy with those.

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2011, 11:57 AM »
What do you guys think of Ranger Pac boots.  I looked at some this weekend.  Reasonably priced around 50 bucks.  Look like nice boots.

Offline SparkyT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2011, 12:34 PM »
Since most of the pac boots are so bulky, I wouldn't be wearing any of them trying to drive, etc., so I wanted something that could easily be put on/taken off.  I was also considering Cabela's Predator Extreme as well as the Snowy Range, but what ultimately decided it for me was the ease of getting them on and off.  The Snowy Range had no liner, so they were out from the get-go.  The Predator's sure seemed warm and had good support, but all those laces led to a bit of a tight fit for me, so I decided to trade the support for the ease of use.  I guess I'll find out how they are soon enough!

Offline Bout-Time

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2011, 12:41 PM »
I have the Sorel Conquest and they are all the boot I'll need, but those Glaciers look even better.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Offline NoMe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2011, 01:31 PM »
I have a pair of Sorels, not sure of the model but I purchased them 5-6 years ago. Never been cold in them but my feet tend to sweat when walking a lot. They do make good boots for any outdoor activity... right up there with Lacrosse.

Offline EASTGRANDEST

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Serious
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2011, 04:06 PM »
LL Bean Pack Boots. GET 'EM!

Very bulky boots, but warmest waterproof boots ever.
,we call them junk fish!

Offline lakewoody

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2011, 05:40 PM »
I was in Beans sat and was quite dissapointed in their boots as they were out of size 10 in all their heavy winter boots. Probably for the best as they are expensive!

Offline EASTGRANDEST

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Serious
« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2011, 06:15 PM »
This time of year in Beans is rough!
,we call them junk fish!

Offline Fish_Seeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2011, 07:52 PM »
I have Ranger boots. Gotem at Reny's. I love them, all rubber with felts inside. My feet are always dry and toasty. If I remeber right they ran me only about 70 bucks.

Offline NoMe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2011, 08:03 PM »
Beans isn't as great on their guaranty as they once were... I have a set of their classic "bean" boot that the stitching came apart after 3-4 years, brought them in to get restitched, $20 for the fix and $20 to have them resoled. They use to guaranty this product and fix for free. They are still in the shop, still a good boot but next time I'll get something better and Bean will lose a customer.

Offline F!sh24/7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2011, 02:39 AM »
ive got a pair of irish setter snow claw boots from llbean. they are amazing with 2000 gram thinsulate and 100% waterproof my feet should be nice and warm!
No fish lake seems to follow me!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.