Author Topic: Vexilar S-Cable?????  (Read 2184 times)

Offline mod_auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Vexilar S-Cable?????
« on: Dec 15, 2003, 09:55 PM »
Just wondering if any ice warriors out there use the s-cable on their vexilars. Just wondering if they are effective or if they are worth spending the cash on. i do fish a few lakes that are shallow and weedy, so i've read that the s-cable will help me out in identifying fish. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Stay above the ice!!
Play 'em if you wanna fillet 'em!

bigjake

Re:Vexilar S-Cable?????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2003, 11:51 PM »
I have one for my fl-8 with a s cable.  I fish lake st Clair and I find my self fishing 4-9 ft.  I have noticed that I can see more detail with my lure because my lure is not always a bright red.  

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2003, 03:40 AM »
If your an FL18 owner, you dont need the S cable, the function is built in to the unit, just trun the dial to low power setting. I think the S cable is for the FL8 only.

Offline Pop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2003, 08:41 AM »
I have used the S-cable just about as long as I have had the FL-8 unit.  I fish  a lot of 4 - 8 ft. water in the small lakes I like to hit early in the year.  When I first bought the flasher I couldn't adjust the gain to get the jig anything but red.  By using the suppression cable I could decrease the signal strength enough to make the jig a small flickering green blip, even in 3 - 4 ft. of water.   If you fish shallow water I believe it is well worth the cost.

Pop

Offline kerosenecounty17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kc17 - NE WI
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2003, 11:05 AM »
I've got an FL-18, which in LP mode is the same as having an S-cable.  I've found it very useful, even in water as deep as 15'.  Better definition, and better seperation from weeds.  

kerosene
"An ounce of biology is worth a pound of tackle."

-Gord Pyzer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.