Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1614357 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #22650 on: Feb 23, 2021, 10:18 AM »
Good morning snow falling lightly as i type received maybe 2 inches yesterday. I think any snow today will change to rain as forecast high temperature for today is forty degrees.
Eddie glad you enjoyed the newspaper story and photos from the King of the Ice contest. Good your brother was able to she your mother may she be feeling better.
Ice Wanderer congratulations on a good day of fishing. nice that you have navionics on your phone to help guide you back to shore and your vehicle in White Out conditions.
Hunts 2long happy to read your wife's eye doctor appointment was a good one .Best to her with the annual physical. The 8lbs walleye is the largest confirmed walleye i know of being caught while ice fishing on that lake. A few years back a 5lbs walleye was the largest fish. White Lake may still have a Lake trout population as the state stocked lake trout for many years but you never heard many stories of people catching one. I believed the state switched to walleyes within the past ten years and they seem to be a good fit for the lake.
Wally thought you might be using only the finest  all natural/organic ingredients in your pies and other baking. ;D They usually have a good turnout for the contest I'm sure Covid may have increase numbers some this year as a fire department contest in Sullivan county was canceled this year and people want to get out of their homes for a day. I agree the extended weather forecast for majority of NY. does not look good in terms of easy travel on the ice.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the day ten sturgeon report. I assume there is a limit on how many fish one angler may spear per season. If you are doing the tree job for your sister today may there be no problems.
OldSailor may your arm soreness from the second vaccine shot be diminishing .
Icefisher-45,Capt.Jim,UFCreel may all of you and your families be doing well.
SpitzoMT may this week's work load not be to bad. may you find some time to get out and enjoy the outdoors of Montana.
Fish/hunt4ever enjoy your time at home with the family. May you also find time to enjoy Wyoming's outdoors.

Stay safe and healthy have a good day. best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22651 on: Feb 23, 2021, 01:02 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Nice mild day on tap here with a high of 40 degrees. They are talking about some rain later tonight so we will see.

Eddie....Prayers sent for your Mom and family. I sure hope everything is OK.

IW....I have been using the Navionics more and more over the last few years. I have a Garmen 62 that I used to carry but the Navionics  has pulled ahead.

WW.... Hope you didn't get too much snow. If you have to shovel remember.....Lift with your legs not your back ;D

h2l.... Glad your wife had a good appointment :thumbsup:

mr.clean.... You are correct and it's 1 per season. They sure have been getting some tankers.

I didn't get as far as I wanted to at my Sisters yesterday. I knew they had received more snow than we have at our place so when they said the snow was about 8" I questioned it ??? I guess they must have just looked out the window and made a guess because there was about 18" on the flat and the logs I wanted to buck up had a good 10" on them. Anyway I made the most of it but was disappointed.

This morning I had to make a run to the jungle to fetch my s-i-l. She had a couple of things to have fixed on her Buick, so we dropped it off before her work day started. I am still waiting to see if I need to run her back down there to pick it up or if it will be done tomorrow. My Tahoe is still in the shop waiting on parts, I think this is day 8.

I started working on some pines in my back yard. There is a ton of deadwood in them and I want to burn the brush being we have a good amount of snow on the ground

Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and stay healthy.

WS

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #22652 on: Feb 23, 2021, 01:52 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone !!

I went to bed last night at 2100 & it was 37°/pouring rain. 21° when I left for work this morning, snowing & winds 30 - 35 mph. The interstate was like a skating rink & the traffic was moving at a snails pace. Extra 5 - 10 minutes getting to work, but made it safely.

Looks like a heavy work load all 4 days this week, so it should pass quickly. Only have a 2 day weekend after that.

Hope you all are having a great day & STAY SAFE N' HEALTHY !!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #22653 on: Feb 23, 2021, 02:40 PM »
Good afternoon all!! Just a quick update to let you know that any side effects were minimal and just a bit of a sore arm at the injection site now!! I hope that everyone who wants theirs can get them!!  Stay safe, stay well, and STFAH!!! ::)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22654 on: Feb 23, 2021, 03:24 PM »
Good afternoon all!! Just a quick update to let you know that any side effects were minimal and just a bit of a sore arm at the injection site now!! I hope that everyone who wants theirs can get them!!  Stay safe, stay well, and STFAH!!! ::)

OS
So glad to hear your dick didn't fly off!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22655 on: Feb 23, 2021, 03:33 PM »
Stopped into my local Can-Am dealer today.
They actually have the one I'm looking at in stock.  ;D
They are working up a price now. With the amount of accessories I have added I expect it will cost as much as a new mid-level pickup truck.  :o
The most expensive option is $5k for a set of tracks for it.
Also called up a trailer dealer in Alberta because my current flat deck is too small for it.
Mo money!!!
Also went in and ordered up this years cabin materials.
Mo money!!!!
Waiting on delivery of my flooring.
Mo money!!!!!
Will need to get the plow for my new SxS.
Mo money!!!!!!   ::)

OH, and got my 2nd vaccine shot next Monday afternoon.  :)

UPDATE!!!!!
Was just on the Can-Am website again and the price has been updated.
Seems their spring sale is just getting under way.
The price dropped $5,500 since this AM.   :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22656 on: Feb 23, 2021, 03:45 PM »
I JUST HOPE YOUR DICK DOESN"T FLY OFF!!!!  :woot: :roflmao: :clap: :thumbsup: :whistle: :flex: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #22657 on: Feb 23, 2021, 04:13 PM »
@ Drifter_16

Going with a Defender 1000 now ??

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22658 on: Feb 23, 2021, 05:45 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Day 11 tallies are in.

Hope you all are having a good evening :thumbsup: Stay safe and stay safe.

WS

Daniel Preissner speared this incredible 97.9 pound (73.9 inches) F2 female on day 11 of the 2021 sturgeon spearing season. Daniel registered his fish at the Calumet Harbor registration station. / Photo Credit: Wisconsin DNR

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22659 on: Feb 23, 2021, 06:00 PM »
I JUST HOPE YOUR DICK DOESN"T FLY OFF!!!!  :woot: :roflmao: :clap: :thumbsup: :whistle: :flex: :bow:

;D

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22660 on: Feb 23, 2021, 06:02 PM »
@ Drifter_16

Going with a Defender 1000 now ??

Looks like.
Defender Pro Limited.  @)

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #22661 on: Feb 23, 2021, 06:31 PM »
Looks like.
Defender Pro Limited.  @)

That's another great machine. Have heard good feedback on those as well. Can't wait to see some pics of this beast when you get it all set up !!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22662 on: Feb 23, 2021, 09:28 PM »
They had one of these on tracks parked in front of the one I'm looking at.
This thing is absolutely sick!!!
  :woot:
Gonna go take some pics of it tomorrow I think.  :)

https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/ca/en/models/side-by-side-vehicles/maverick-x3.html#max-x-rs-turbo-rr

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22663 on: Feb 23, 2021, 09:32 PM »
Drifter WW has her pies on sale now might want to check into ordering 1

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22664 on: Feb 23, 2021, 11:03 PM »
Got my quote from the toy dealer.
Dang, never figured in labor to install all those accessories.
That adds another $6300 to the total.
I know why I do stuff myself. Hourly rate is $152/hour.
Brings the total to $54k CAD.
  :o
OH well, dad would want me to have it.   :whistle:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #22665 on: Feb 24, 2021, 02:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Winds are blowing 15-25 this am, 33* heading up to mid 40’s today....Happy Hump Day!    ;D

Dave...that’s going to be one really nice set up for sure!  :bow:  They say we only go around once, got to make the best of it... :whistle:  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...congrats on your last trip with the lakers, best of luck if heading out today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...sounds you like had your work cut out for you on the firewood, yikes! I’m sure your sister appreciated it more than you’ll ever know...way to go!   :bow:
Thanks for the updates again... :clap:
  OS...glad to read the symptoms were minimal...going to steer clear about certain things flying off!!   ;D  :thumbsup:

As I had mentioned yesterday, my Mom had some issues (coughing )last week that we were notified about. They did some tests and ended up being a slight case of pneumonia. She’s been on antibiotics and everything seems to be under control at this point...Thank You all for the prayers and well wishes.   :thumbsup:
  Window visits are being allowed again on a limited number per day, but hopefully that will change soon. At present, there are no Covid cases among the residents at the nursing home...and hopefully that will continue as well.   :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22666 on: Feb 24, 2021, 05:05 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                               It's 32* and wind blowing a little here on my hill. ::)
                               Eddie.........I'm glad to read that your mother only had a slight case of pneumonia, and not the 19 virus. :thumbsup: But at here age
                     that can be serious enough. I'm glad the home was on top of it and she has a full recovery. :flex:
                               Marv.........That's a lot of snow to dig through to buck wood, did you get it all done or do you have to go back? ???
                     I have a Garmin 12 with a lot of spots marked, eventually I will have them on my Navionics app. :flex:
                               Dave.........That machine cost more than my first house, crazy prices. :cookoo: But like they say you can't take it with you. :whistle:
                               OS............I'm glad the side effects were minimal, and no parts were lost. lol :roflmao: I hope my second shot is like yours. :unsure:
                               Wally.........The weather hasn't been to kind lately to get on the ice, hope you and Mr. WW can get out. :unsure:
                               Steve........The new tecnology these days gives people to go  and do things where they have never gone before.  :flex:
                               I don't what's on my agenda today, I haven't heard from anyone so if anything happens it will be at the last minute.
                               I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22667 on: Feb 24, 2021, 06:18 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....glad to hear the nursing home was paying attention  :clap:  praying your Mom has a complete recovery and you get to visit her soon  ;)

IW.....weatherman said rain and wind today, sun is shining, sky is clear and not a breeze stirring  :%$#!:  sure glad we decided to not fish today  ::)

OS.....good to hear all body parts are accounted for  :roflmao:

WS.....thanks for the lifting advice, the dang snow was wet and heavy   :pinch: hope your sister fed you well for your struggles   ;)2

H2L.....fingers crossed MrsH2's appointment went well  :)

Had my 2nd shot Sunday, Monday was spent on the couch feeling pretty lousy, woke up yesterday feeling fine again   :thumbsup: 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22668 on: Feb 24, 2021, 06:19 AM »
 IW... "A piece of cake, a piece of Angle food cake!!" ( Father Sarducci in CASPER)  ;)2  And nothing was lost! We finally got a warm up here and the mounds of snow are disappearing. This has been one of the snowier winters in awhile! When I moved here in '92, people said that it used to stay snowy all winter and that everyone rode snowmobiles. Nowadays you don't see any to speak of!! I want everyone to stay safe, stay well, and STFAH!!! ::)

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #22669 on: Feb 24, 2021, 06:20 AM »
Good Morning !!

17° at the house this morning with light winds out of the NW. High today of 24 & looks like more snow headed our way Friday.

Looks like the busiest day of work for the week is today. I best eat my Wheaties, finish this coffee & get after it.

Hope everyone has a good "Humpday" & STAY SAFE N' HEALTHY !!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22670 on: Feb 24, 2021, 06:44 AM »
27* and sunny.
Eddie, good to hear that the nursing home was on top of everything. Glad Mom is doing better.
Drifter, that is going to be one nice ride.
OS, about what the wife had after she got her first shot, a sore arm.
The wife got a  :thumbsup: at the Dr.s yesterday.
WW, those weathermen are right on top of their job, tho they do say some rain later.
IW, I have Navionics in my Helix 7. I think I have 5 waypoints saved and those are in big parts of the lake just so I can head to them. After fishing the lake for 60+ years I think I can look at the bottom and tell where I am.
Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22671 on: Feb 24, 2021, 07:02 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

32 squeaking up a couple more later today.

Dave.... That is going to be an awesome rig :thumbsup: Does it have built in mug holders?  ;D

Eddie.... Continued prayers for your Mom's recovery  :thumbsup:

IW....The wood project will take awhile. She lives 50 miles from me so after I finish getting it cut up I am bringing my splitter and dump trailer up there and then hauling it home. I will probably get 2-2.5 cords out of it. I would have passed on the wood but it is all White Oak.

WW....Yes my Sister fed me pretty good.  It seems the only thing that trumps Husband (it ticks him off) is little brother :roflmao: She made me potato dumplings, T-bones, and apple strudel (yum) for dessert. I did share with him ;D

OS... That's crazy how things have changed down there.

Not a lot going on here today. I have a bunch of brush to burn and possibly climb a couple more pines. (yes I will be careful and wear safety gear)  ;D

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and stay healthy.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22672 on: Feb 24, 2021, 08:27 AM »
Well made a trip over to another town for the wife's doctors appointment and all turned out good, just driving home it was snowing and blowing on part of the trip and the wind has been horrible since Sunday afternoon here, did I mention I have started to hate the wind do not ever remember it blowing like this in the past, the greenhouse was torn this last last year only had it up a couple of months, the car port we put up for the mother-in-law blew over, even anchored down with cinder blocks and spikes, and even a roof blew off the roof of a business the other day.  Oh how I could do with out the high winds we are having a nice breeze is ok, this is not fun.

Dave that sounds like one nice machine, I figured since you bought it through them they would add the accessories to it for a lot less than the normal shop rate, at least that is what the shops around here do.

Well been up in the 40's and 50's here so if I get out ice fishing this weekend might be my last time then wait for the water to be boat ready since traveling again here soon.  Be safe everyone and have a good day.

Here is the article about the roof, and if you go to the home page you can see some road and trucks being affected by it as well.

https://county10.com/riverton-business-looses-roof-in-strong-winds-monday-morning/

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22673 on: Feb 24, 2021, 08:36 AM »

This showed up yesterday...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22674 on: Feb 24, 2021, 09:12 AM »

This showed up yesterday...h2l
Those will be nice sheds!!!!  :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22675 on: Feb 24, 2021, 09:57 AM »
h2l.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22676 on: Feb 24, 2021, 10:44 AM »
Good daylight wind blowing and blue sky from earlier this morning now getting cloudy snow o ground and roof tops melting as temperature heads to forty degrees or slightly higher today. Story in today's edition of my local daily newspaper that made me happy SUNY New Paltz will have a Spring sports schedule so while I will have to watch the games on-line will get to see some local college lacrosse. :thumbsup: :clap:
Drifter-016 glad you found a side by side wish the price was lower for you. A question is the side by side going to replace on of your current vehicles.
SpitzoMT good to read you arived safely to work the other day. May the storm on Friday not be to bad.
OldSailor hope the soreness from vaccine shot has ended happy you did not experience any like the video Drifter posted.  ::)
Eddie good the nursing home caught your mom's pneumonia early may she make a fast recovery. Hope the place can stay covid free and you and other family members can schedule a window visit followed soon by a physical visit.
Ice Wanderer all the technology is great but people can get to dependent on it still wish I had the gentlemen who served as my ice fishing/fresh water fishing mentor show me how to use a compass. He sent part of his work life as a land surveyor . I had an experience similar to your last ice fishing trip back in early February of 2007.  My mentor and I made a ice fishing trip to the Spectulator,NY. area of the Adirondacks. We were fishing on Lake Pleasant also a group from local high school there that day very windy so snow on the ice was blowing limiting visiblity and drifting over drilled holes. We fished for a couple hours and called it a day only a couple hundred feet from the shoreline put still thankful we could see my black colored Jeep and the Big yellow school bus in the parking area to give us a reference point to walk towards it did not help any that I had taken off my eyeglasses to prevent them from fogging up while walking back to shore.  Even with the below zero temperatures in the mornings overall a good trip and we were able to catch some small lake trout at Piseco Lake nice to add that species to our fish we have caught list.
Hunts2long happy your wife's physical found her in good health may everything come together so she can have her surgery. Thank you for the photo of the buck agree with OldSailor will be some nice shed antlers. May your brother,nephew or you get a chance to harvest this buck next deer season and his antler be equally impressive.
Wallyworld good to read you only had one bad day after receiving your second Covid  vaccine shot. I'm wonder want body part some women have lost from the shot per video Drifter posted. ;D :roflmao:
Whopper Stopper thank you for answering my question on amount of sturgeon a person may spear per season.  Guess you are making the best of snow conditions to complete the tree work for your sister Glad you got a nice meal and will hae oak to burn in your wood stove from the job.
Fish/hunt4ever congrats to your wife on having a good doctors appointment.  May you and you family not have to deal with any more wind caused problems this year.  I know wind can be a daily occurrence in the Rocky Mountain states.

have a good day when not able to follow OldSailor stay home advice please follow and practice the Covid safety guidelines. It saddens me to know we have lost five hundred thousands live and counting here in the United states to this virus.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22677 on: Feb 24, 2021, 12:58 PM »
Eddie
I'm glad to head mom is improving.

IW
What was the price of a cave back then?
Did they have fire or was it unheated?
:whistle:

Marv
Why yes, yes it does.   ;D

Fish/Hunt4ever
You'd think wouldn't you?  ::)
The initial installation and set up of the tracks is 10 hours of labour.
There are mounts on all four corners as well as added computer modules to interface into the main computer. Quite a bit different than adding aftermarket tracks to all other quads and SxS's.
Seems the rock rails are a pain to install too. To bolt them in the cab has to be unbolted from the frame and raised to get to the mounting points.

Steve
The SxS is getting added to the stable.
Remember, He who dies with the most toys wins!!!   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Well there she is!!!
Isn't she sweet!!!
Right behind that Maverick on tracks.   :whistle:

Power windows, climate control and multiple drive modes. Once the tracks are installed they even have their own mode. Not sure how many SxS's have integrated track modes. Nice to see it's not just aftermarket and that the system actually adjusts to them.

Spot for the stereo and speakers as well as the LED lights I'll install later.

Comfy seats and Marv you can almost see the cupholders through the HS bar.   ;D
There are 3 if I remember correctly.

But that Maverick and it's 200hp turbo though.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22678 on: Feb 24, 2021, 04:05 PM »
BALLS!

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22679 on: Feb 24, 2021, 04:29 PM »
BALLS!

WS

I was like I can go like a raped ape, freeze my butt off and not be able to haul squat or putt along in heat and airconditioned comfort with butt warmers.
I picked the butt warmer!!!
I must be getting old.
   :unsure:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.