The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: 8th Anual Bartons Cove Gathering Feb. 1st  (Read 13720 times)

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: 8th Anual Bartons Cove Gathering Feb. 1st
« Reply #120 on: Feb 02, 2014, 07:01 AM »
Was an awesome turn out. Sorry I couldnt stay longer.
After 36hr straight with no sleep, my bed was calling.

Thx Capt for putting this on.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #121 on: Feb 03, 2014, 06:56 AM »
Yup it was absolutely awesome to see all you guys out there!   :thumbsup: The weather was terrific and its always a great pleasure to meet new guys on the ice! Capt Shay, great job pulling this one together and really good to see ya man.... As lenz mentioned many of the old timers along with some new guys... Fishinkid and Randy... nice to meet both of ya.... Spanky?  oh man what a rush you are dude!  :cookoo: Ebour always a pleasure to see you and Andre! Budski, keepon, PeterSal, Big Scott, bigbry, Ricky, moretrout, schu, Otz, bucket and s-nut... all you guys nice to see and talk with you all.  :bow: FishingKid, ya, your first time at the dark side and you didn't get shut out, nice...so ya, you can bust my balls a little bit... just a little...  ;D
The food was outstanding. Uno_my_man.... freekin pissah to see you out there and fish with ya... F.R.E.D. been a while since we've talked and fished togetha.. nice!

For me... It was 5 years since returning to the Dark side and I had big expectations! was wicked careful setting bait (Uno, thanks for the showdown) and have all kinds of tactics to defeat once and for all, the skunks at Fartons!. ya right... See you out there in another 10 years.... maybe!   
Fartons Cove... well, I can sum up my 4 trips out to that god forsaken hole this way:

yup... count them... unreal ha? The dark side got a shade darker on Saturday 2/1/14!   :%$#!:

The 1 most awesome takeaway from the whole day was meeting the new inductees into the Coconut Grove! and seeing all you old schoolers!  It's truly become a 'where's waldo' of all our shanty fishing buddies!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Roncarr - good to talk with you Saturday night. but like the message said, you double suck 'cause you didn't answer the phone... you rule?  ya right, your legend in your own mind....  ;D  I hope you tie good knots when hanging 34 stories dude.. your outa your mind... I'd rather fish Fartons everyday for 10 years than do what you do!..  ;D  :o @)

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #122 on: Feb 03, 2014, 09:40 AM »
great group picture. really sorry I missed it. looks like everyone had a good time. capt shay you know how to throw a party.

Roger keep your pets away from me. I had my share of those guys this yr. c ya at the next big thing.

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #123 on: Feb 03, 2014, 09:54 AM »
some guy told me it is unlawful to use a 10" ice auger in MA. Roger will those 4 guys fit through a 10" hole. I wouldn't grab them tail 1st ;D ;D
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline lady of the ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #124 on: Feb 03, 2014, 01:15 PM »
Fine!!  I'll stop being a 'creeper' and finally post.  But its only because I was called out!  Hopefully this will jump start some more posting from me.

Thanks everyone for being so hospitable!  Such gentlemen!  Biting your tongues when a lady is around.  I'm impressed.  We had a great time and I'm hoping to be able to fish with some of you all again soon!

The group pic is great and so are the others.  Well most of the others.  Seriously who thought it was a good idea to put up a pic of my rear?!  I'm looking at you otiz.  Hahaha

Thanks again for everything and special thanks for capt for organizing!

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #125 on: Feb 03, 2014, 03:07 PM »
Flaggs, next time you come out Ima gona hire a scuba diver to swim under and hook a fish to one of your traps.

That place has done nothing but beat on you.

The group pic is great and so are the others.  Well most of the others.  Seriously who thought it was a good idea to put up a pic of my rear?!  I'm looking at you otiz.  Hahaha

Don't feel to flattered, the picture before it is a booty shot of Big Scott  ;D

Welcome LOTI,  I want to see some shots of big bass coming out of Leveret Pond.  I know they are in there!

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline otzi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #126 on: Feb 03, 2014, 03:55 PM »
So sorry Lady of the Ice. Keep coming to the gatherings and I'm sure someone will get your bella faccia up on a post here. I was just aiming and clicking :o.
Suit up and show up!

Offline Ethan11271

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #127 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:37 PM »
Good times again out there good luck the rest of the season let's hope for ice until April!
Fish On!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.