The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Georgetown kokane  (Read 3811 times)

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Georgetown kokane
« Reply #30 on: Dec 07, 2013, 07:53 AM »
6 a.m. temp is minus 20....you are hardcore.....it most certainly will harden up the boys..especially if they catch some fish...a balmy minus 11 here...had to get up to stoke the fire.....I must have sand in my vag..cause I am looking at next weekend with a high of 28 and a low of 6..as a just swell time to hit the lake....a 50 degree change in just a few days....ice them salmon....get those hog trout....u may be timing it when the water temp flips.....you can see the thermals about 6 feet down....for some reason the fish go crazy....o.k. fire stoked...I am going back to bed.....

Offline Born 2 Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 07, 2013, 04:29 PM »
Fishing was good this morning. Lots of big rainbows. Not what I was looking for, but still fun to catch. Actually, I wouldn't know...My oldest boy caught 4 in the 16"-18" range. I caught two in the 6"-8" range! I'm just glad my oldest isn't old enough to know that he's supposed to rub it in my face!

Offline jigging the dream

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishins' always good sometimes the catchin aint...
« Reply #32 on: Dec 07, 2013, 07:47 PM »
I'm heading there tomorrow as well. Can't wait to soak some line again!

Offline old retired fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 08, 2013, 02:15 PM »
also went out yesterday with my son.did okay,not quite as good as last Saturday on the salmon.The ice doubled in thickness,8-9 in. but something happened that I never experienced in the 30+ years I've been ice fishing there,the ice accually moved.not up and down like a wave,but sideways,a few inches maybe 6.kind of felt like an earthquake.my son went over to that pressure ridge and thought it might have risen a little.it felt really weird.

Offline gamehog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 08, 2013, 02:36 PM »
old retired we were fishing on deadmans for salmon and the same dam thing happened to us.i have had ice make noise and crackle and pop.once I had water funnel up out of the ice hole 6-8ins but this time it did the same thing.a big crack and bang and it pushed us away from the bank aways.it is crazy that it happened at different lakes with same results.happy fishing.

Offline Sather19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 08, 2013, 09:01 PM »
out today at gtown for a few hours and caught a TON of salmon. The same thing with the ice happened to us today, moved about 6 inches to the side when it cracked a few yards away from the tent. never experienced it before, scared the crap outta us!

Offline old retired fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Dec 08, 2013, 09:22 PM »
ha it does scare the crap out of you.maybe it's because the  ice is still thin and being so cold this early it can,t take the rapid expansion. anyways yeah, if you like Georgetown koke fish it's on.

Offline jigging the dream

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishins' always good sometimes the catchin aint...
« Reply #37 on: Dec 09, 2013, 09:50 AM »
I was out there as well yesterday, all I can say is wow! I thought I was going in! I think my adrenaline is still pumping from that. I have never felt nothin like that before!  Fishin was good though, had a great time out there besides the ice rumble

Offline SnowedOutMT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 10, 2013, 01:45 AM »
Not sure where people have been going, but I was over at Sunnyside yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours and pulled out two rainbows. Lots of popping and groaning with the ice, but no real movement. A solid 14" of very hard ice over there... Used a tape measure to measure. My blades were dull on a hand auger and boy was that a mistake...
That fish that took my pole down the hole is having a much worse day than I am.

Offline Born 2 Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 10, 2013, 06:09 PM »
What kind of set-up is everyone using for the kokes?  I've heard the way to go is a flashy spoon with the treble hook removed, dropping a jig off of that.

Offline Sather19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Dec 10, 2013, 06:12 PM »
thats what we used with great success

Offline The Rezerend

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 10, 2013, 07:17 PM »
My universal Salmon rig is a swedish pimple with a glow hook 6 to 12 inches below. Don't be afraid to change up the glow hook with different colors and sizes.
A bad day fishing is better than a good day working.

Offline Born 2 Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 11, 2013, 12:01 PM »
Is anyone going there this weekend? I'll be there sunday.

Offline Htech77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 11, 2013, 08:20 PM »
Prollt gonna fish red bridge on Sunday. Black 6 man frabill with the shanty flag flyin ;D

Offline adm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 11, 2013, 08:22 PM »
I'm going to Georgetown next week to fish for Kokanee for the first time. Any suggestions on where at on the lake I should start? Thanks a lot. I'm learning a lot from you guys.

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Dec 11, 2013, 08:59 PM »
i'll be there tomorrow....comers sounds like a good spot....but check the lunar calendar.....next week might possibly be going off!!!!!

Offline spedray

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 11, 2013, 09:21 PM »
Going to comers on sat. B4 dawn. 6 man fabril and 3 man red Eskimo.

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Dec 11, 2013, 10:32 PM »
i'll be gone by Saturday.....but if I see ya at sunshine.....or the vfw in Maxville before then.. i'll by ya a drink!!!!....I don't have a smartphone....so no posts till sat......maybe we'll see ya on the ice!!!!

Offline mwinz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Dec 13, 2013, 11:37 PM »
 J and I fished Comers today and had a decent day. Iced 55 Koke's, 3 spawners, and 6 nice bows. started at 7AM and got off at around 4PM.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #49 on: Dec 13, 2013, 11:52 PM »
Knowing Justin, he probably caught all the smallest fish;)

Offline JCWINZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Dec 15, 2013, 01:48 PM »
Knowing Justin, he probably caught all the smallest fish;)
There were some small ones in the bucket and yes I caught them. :-)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.