The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Pablo  (Read 3223 times)

Offline redneckrance

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Damn the Man
Re: Pablo
« Reply #30 on: Jan 13, 2013, 07:30 PM »
I talked with Dick Zimmer earlier and he spoke with Mike Koole today and Mike says he does not care about what lures are made out of, he is specifically concerned with people using split shot. Something about swans or whatever eating them, or such other liberal nonsense. But who uses split shot ice fishing much anyways! So we are in the clear for now, at least. How did this posting turn into a tribute to a damn game warden? Start a new posting for fans and friends of the government or something.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #31 on: Jan 13, 2013, 07:34 PM »
Yup, great idea, brand new here  you are and you mocked, judgEd and bad mouthed people all in 20 posts or less. Nice start dude.

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 13, 2013, 07:48 PM »
How did this posting turn into a tribute to a damn game warden? Start a new posting for fans and friends of the government or something.

Series of events, for those unable to connect dots:

1. I put up a fishing report and made a comment about being checked by Mike.
2. You made a comment about how you disliked Mike because he tagged you for doing something; I was assuming for confusing a bull trout with a bullhead. 
3. Those of us who follow the law noted that we had never had problems with Mike.
4. The Ice Shanty 'Tribute to Game Wardens' is scheduled for 7 pm.

Besides, for some reason, I think that you already started another thread about Pablo, even though this thread was active.

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 13, 2013, 08:06 PM »
How come everytime I cuss they get deleted? Redneck, making friends right outta the gate!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #34 on: Jan 13, 2013, 08:09 PM »
Lol;)

Offline Cold toes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 13, 2013, 08:37 PM »
Fished Pablo today. First time on the lake, not sure what is par for the course but I must have caught 200 perch between 8am-4pm. About 15 keepers between 8-10". Bite was pretty much non-stop. Pretty much used a gold swedish pimple and a fire tiger jiggin' rap.

And I'll jump on the Game Warden Mike bandwagon. Met him today. Nice, courteous, and friendly. Everything you could want in a CO ;D

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 13, 2013, 09:20 PM »
I sure wish they would provide better access to the lake.  I swear, somebody is gonna have a heart attack dragging their sled up that boulder field.  I felt bad for the older duded struggling, tripping over rocks.  I had a hard enough time and I was 30 years younger than some of those guys.  Ended up helping some guys get their sleds up the cliffs on saturday.  I hate dragging my clam over those jagged rocks, only a matter of time till I punch a fist-sized hole in the shanty :(

Would make for a great eagle scout project or something, if the USFWS would allow it.  I think I'll talk to some folks and see if we can get something rolling to improve that situation next year. 

Offline coolhotwaves

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 13, 2013, 09:31 PM »
Fished Pablo today. First time on the lake, not sure what is par for the course but I must have caught 200 perch between 8am-4pm. About 15 keepers between 8-10". Bite was pretty much non-stop. Pretty much used a gold swedish pimple and a fire tiger jiggin' rap.

And I'll jump on the Game Warden Mike bandwagon. Met him today. Nice, courteous, and friendly. Everything you could want in a CO ;D

Yeah, the great thing about Pablo is there are A LOT of perch. Not a lot of big ones though. But, that's also why there are some big largemouths in there as well.

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
« Reply #38 on: Jan 13, 2013, 10:38 PM »
A little nicer access would be great.  My dad is partially hanidicaped, and it was hell getting him down, then up the rocks.
Ran into Mike both days this weekend.  Super friendly and could hear him laughing as he was talking with every group.  Pretty good fishing this weekend to boot

Offline perchSlayer95

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • team montana fishing team
« Reply #39 on: Jan 15, 2013, 11:21 AM »
people must not know where to go . . . i fished it on sunday and ended up bringin home 19 that were around 12 inches and had at least a 200-300 fish day between three of us.

sittin here waitin on a flag drinkin beer and wastin propane

Offline TooLucky406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 15, 2013, 11:39 AM »
people must not know where to go . .

Well let us know where!!! Lol!! ;)

Offline perchSlayer95

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 15, 2013, 11:41 AM »
ill be out sunday with a group of like 20 people a couple ice houses and a few hunting blinds. . . stop by if your there and want to fish.

Offline TooLucky406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 15, 2013, 12:00 PM »
Appreciate, but you know you just invited all of the folks on MT Ice Shanty ;D....there goes your "personnel space" my friend!!!

Offline perchSlayer95

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 15, 2013, 12:02 PM »
my personal space is gone with the family i got goin

Offline TooLucky406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 15, 2013, 12:05 PM »
True! 20 people, good chance for getting that state record, post up some pic of some hogs if you wouldn't mine. Good luck fishing!

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Jan 15, 2013, 12:37 PM »
What time will you guys be out there? I am looking to fish somewhere Sunday for perch but hadn't made up my mind yet as to where. It looks like the GF wants to go snow shoeing Saturday vs Sunday. Probably do some predator calling while we are out on the snow shoes. Anway Pablo could work for me if we wanted to do an on ice meet and greet kind of thing. I will probably fish half the day there and then hit Dog/Rainbow or Lonepine for the last half the day on my way home.

Offline perchSlayer95

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 25, 2013, 11:56 AM »
anyone know if the fishing is piking back up?   had a rough slow weekend last weekend.

Offline Cold toes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 25, 2013, 04:45 PM »
Was there yesterday. Bite picked up toward evening. Only iced about 8 keepers over 8". I'll be back tomorrow with the GF.

Offline coolhotwaves

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 25, 2013, 09:03 PM »
Fished it a few times this winter...only in the afternoons. Best bite has been right as all the other guys are walking off the ice at 4:30 to 5:00

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.