Author Topic: New Strikemaster Glide-Light  (Read 9185 times)

Offline bobb-o

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Team IceAult
New Strikemaster Glide-Light
« on: Sep 05, 2008, 08:15 PM »
Strikemaster will have a new product aimed at the mobile angler this winter, the Glide-Light. Seems like it will be just the thing for those early and late ice times when you dont really need a house.

Glide-Lite
Sometimes a few poles, bucket and an auger are all you need. StrikeMaster's new Glide-Lite sled gathers your gear and transports it across the ice and snow with the pull of a rope.

• Vertical rod holders molded into the base for quick access
• Removable seat cover fits on standard 5 and 7 gallon buckets
• Main compartment for flasher, underwater camera, and other gear
• Rugged roto-molded body and skis stand up to freezing temperatures

IBOT Minister of Information

Offline jp

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New Strikemaster Glide-Light
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2008, 08:47 PM »
looks nice. but where does the auger go. seems funny that an auger company makes it but no auger holder on it.

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2008, 09:51 PM »
haha i was thinking the same thing!!

Offline jp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2008, 10:17 PM »
maybe to prove a point that their augers are so lite weight that you can carry it and still pull the sled  ???

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2008, 10:32 PM »
I have to pile in too and ask where the auger goes too.  Otherwise great way to bucket fish.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #5 on: Sep 05, 2008, 10:48 PM »
Hmmm. how about mounting that on the quad after the ice gets thick enough?

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #6 on: Sep 06, 2008, 07:24 AM »
looks nice. but where does the auger go. seems funny that an auger company makes it but no auger holder on it.

Good point! ???
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #7 on: Sep 06, 2008, 07:29 AM »
It dont really look big enough to handle an auger.Not enough "foot print" to stay on top of the snow with alot of weight...

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
« Reply #8 on: Sep 06, 2008, 07:43 AM »
Looks good for early ice when your just using a hand auger or spud to punch through the ice, later in the season i'd switch back to the jet sled to haul out the power auger

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Sep 06, 2008, 07:53 AM »
As previously mentioned the glide lite is geared more towards early/late ice and going ultra mobile when on the ice.  The glide lite isnt meant to take the place of a larger Clam/Otter/Frabill shack by any means, rather for shorter outings on the ice in decent weather where a shelter isnt an absolute must have.  For the ice fisherman who likes to go mobile, this provides a tool for them to carry a little extra gear with them while they are searching for fish away from their permanent or portable shack.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Sep 06, 2008, 08:54 AM »
dont see room for the 30 pack!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #11 on: Sep 06, 2008, 09:38 AM »
Looks like a nice deal to me. Just pull it out on the ice, blast a few holes with my trusty 44 mag and start jiggin. Naw, I think I'll stick with my plastic toboggin as it holds a hand auger also.  :whistle:
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Sep 06, 2008, 11:00 AM »
I think if they brought back the frabill ice shuttle it would sell well.  I still see several of them out there in my neck of the woods where our winter's are more mild than the midwest section of the country. You could store your gear inside of it and also had a spot for a bucket up front. It also came with a windbreak. It was 36" x 24". They started making these back in the 70's and made them for several years. The skunked monkey agrees.

Ken                                          

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Sep 06, 2008, 02:05 PM »
I'd like to have one of those Frabill shuttles, they are nice. The Strikemaster unit should be larger IMO.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Sep 06, 2008, 04:54 PM »
Would it not be more eficcent to use a Fishtrap Scout or a Shappell Rover? They weigh very little, hold all your crap, and they are also a shack.

If you were fishing very early or late, you would not need an auger! You would be poking your way out with a spud bar, and that is all you would need to open a hole. If there is enough ice for an auger, there is enough ice for your wheeler! If I can run my wheeler out, I am pulling my Voyager with. ;D

Offline JuvyK

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Feels Like a Nice One...
« Reply #15 on: Oct 24, 2008, 09:23 AM »
It also looks like your reels arent covered at all. They would get all full of snow and slush. Doesnt look too good to me but the frabill one looks cool, never seen one.

Offline Airs24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Oct 26, 2008, 07:39 PM »
That looks great!!! Where can you pick one up?

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Oct 26, 2008, 07:46 PM »
I think if they brought back the frabill ice shuttle it would sell well.  I still see several of them out there in my neck of the woods where our winter's are more mild than the midwest section of the country. You could store your gear inside of it and also had a spot for a bucket up front. It also came with a windbreak. It was 36" x 24". They started making these back in the 70's and made them for several years. The skunked monkey agrees.

those r cool an older gentlman that i chat with frequently while fishing has one. i would like one too

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 02, 2009, 02:22 PM »
Picked a Glide Lite up today at Gander Mntn. I waited to get one on clearance because I have thought all winter that $79.99 was pretty steep. I paid $39.97 for mine. I have an Otter II sled and am gonna "caboose" it to the Otter. I put an some "I" bolts in it and bought some cheap mountain climber clasps and will hook the rope of the sled to the Glide Lite and pull them at the same time. I will post some pics of it when I get some taken.

Offline Mudslide

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 19, 2012, 12:45 AM »
Glide lights are on clearance at Bass Pro in Calgary for 30 bucks. Thinking of getting one anyone mod these things up
[img width=257 height=80]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc495/gert27/Stcroix-1-1.jpg[img width=257 height=80]

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2012, 09:41 AM »
Glide lights are on clearance at Bass Pro in Calgary for 30 bucks. Thinking of getting one anyone mod these things up

Glide lite is some of the best money I have spent on outdoor stuff.

here is a link to another post where I put up some pics of the mods I have done to mine.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=206703.0

J-

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 20, 2012, 01:45 PM »
If I can find one locally for $50 or under I will buy one. I'm just not paying $70+ for the sled plus another $30+ to ship it. Not for a plastic tub.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.