Author Topic: Otter Sled Company - Bad Business !!!  (Read 10288 times)

trapperdirk

Re: Otter Sled Company - Bad Business !!!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 16, 2006, 03:43 PM »
Well Lobes had every right to get what he ordered exactly as he ordered it or they should have made contact with him prior to shipping for his approval. That being said it likely would not have mattered to me,,, well unless it was pink but that isn't the point . He paid for that color and thats what he better recieve and no wishy washy rep BS on the other end of the line when he talked to them about the problem. That's just not right for any company to do or next time send them Monopoly Money and see what they say . ;)

TD

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2006, 12:52 PM »
Just received the correct cover yesterday. I see they threw in some sort of a rod holder outfit (looks like it would attach somehow to one of their tents). Should be able to bring this one to closure as soon as I get information on how to send back the green one.

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #32 on: Jan 21, 2006, 02:39 PM »
I hope that when you return the old cover you also send a big apology for bad mouthing them on this forum.
Pete Lewis

billybono

« Reply #33 on: Jan 21, 2006, 02:41 PM »
i wouldent call stating facts bad mouthing at all.

billybono

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 21, 2006, 06:43 PM »
I think a "thank you" (if Lobes chooses) for seeing the original order through is all that's necessary here....no apologies for their mess-up and rudeness!  They certainly ran him through the ringer in the beginning.

-Grizz

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2006, 06:51 PM »
I wouldn't apologize for nothing.  Customer Service should have taken care of it and it never should have gotten to the Vice President to correct the problem.  As for the comment the customer service rep made to you, that was totally uncalled for.  Having the highest priced shanties on the market they should have the best customer service in the business, but this isn't the first complaint I heard about Otter.  They should follow the protocal of Clam Corp., because their customer service is top notch.  An don't think that these companies don't know about these sites. 
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love the perch fillets!!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 21, 2006, 09:41 PM »
A "thank you" would not be bad, but an apology.... for what?? lobes did nothing wrong, all he did is stand up for himself to get what he paid for
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #37 on: Jan 22, 2006, 10:18 AM »
I did send thanks to the Better Business Beureau in helping to end the trash talk and getting it resolved. I just can't make myself to say thanks for being insulted.

trapperdirk

« Reply #38 on: Jan 22, 2006, 11:36 AM »
I hope that when you return the old cover you also send a big apology for bad mouthing them on this forum.

You got to be kidding me here Eyedoktr . ??? Did you even read the thread and the way Lobes was initially treated till he got near the top of the food chain .?

Lobes just return their cover and I wouldn't even bother with a thank you . Copy of the Better Business Letter would be a nice touch and very appropriate . ;) ;D

TD

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 22, 2006, 12:37 PM »
I agree with Trapperdirk on this one. You are the client, you should never have been treated the way you did, I would do the same. Send it back period.

I am very happy with clam corps customer service. I had a minor problem with my trap that I bought last year and they shipped me the replacement parts no questions asked, Great Service.

Sturgeon
Bad Day of Fishing is better than a good day of work!!!!

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 22, 2006, 01:28 PM »
Gotta agree with Trap.

Given the whole scenario, they should have told Lobes to keep the other cover.  HE is the one who deserves the apology clear and simple.

Also, gotta agree with the "pro Clam customer service supporters".  Over the years, I too have had problems with some of their products and have ALWAYS been satisfied at the end of the day.  Albeit, it wasn't as easy as one phone call on some occasions, but the problem was ALWAYS taken care of.  Clam clearly recognizes the "ice fishing revolution" and treats their customers accordingly. 

Without the "power of numbers" provided by being an Ice Shanty member, Lobes outcome may have been quite different............. Hopefully, Otter will wake up.
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline twodoggs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice hard, so fish hard.  but keep it fun.
« Reply #41 on: Jan 22, 2006, 01:32 PM »
I also agree no need to say your sorry.  I myself would say thanks to the vp that responded.  and like was said earlier "Can I speak to your boss?"  goes a long way.  What lobes does is up to hime though.  I like otter and have not had a problem but lobes was the one they tried to step on.  
and the problem was solved
Besides if fashion is not somewhat important why are so many ice fishing clothes color coordiated?

Not that it matters to me with my brown rocky bibs and blaze orange clarkfield outdoors jacket.  ha ha

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #42 on: Jan 22, 2006, 02:17 PM »
Sorry that you all don't agree with me. That's fine. I'm just the type of person that will exhaust all direct resources before I publicly bad mouth someone or a company. If I don't get satisfaction with the first attempt, I go a step higher. Then another step until I either get satisfaction or am at the top of the company list. Then and only then will I make a public stink out of it.
Pete Lewis

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #43 on: Jan 22, 2006, 03:24 PM »
Sorry that you all don't agree with me. That's fine. I'm just the type of person that will exhaust all direct resources before I publicly bad mouth someone or a company. If I don't get satisfaction with the first attempt, I go a step higher. Then another step until I either get satisfaction or am at the top of the company list. Then and only then will I make a public stink out of it.

I support your honest opinions!

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Feb 20, 2006, 12:18 PM »
I know this is late but Oldfox should get some thanks for sending the post, unless i missed something (which i probably did) ..Glad it all worked out in the end

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #45 on: Feb 20, 2006, 08:46 PM »
This issue was resolved as my other (related) post showed.

The issue is closed. All the parts I ordered are now in my possession, the wrong stuff returned, and all proper correspondences exchanged to remedy any possible bad feelings by both sides in the matter. And yes, I thanked Kevin Ziebarth himself for assistance to resolve the issue. I am convinced they have taken measures to improve customer relations. They responded adequately, timely and in good faith to the complaint to BBB and ultimately to me.

I think I accomplished what I set out to do by warning there was a problem that as it turns out, had been a similar problem to a few others out there. With your support, we got their attention and they resolved the root of the problem, how they treat their customers. Their products are unquestionably very good. But we all know how worthless that can be if their service isn't equally strong. I feel they are on that road now.

Time to move on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.