Author Topic: New from clam ‏  (Read 10996 times)

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New from clam ‏
« Reply #30 on: Oct 07, 2009, 09:13 PM »
I do like my scout becuase of the mobility... I can pick up and move in under a minute, but Im a pretty big guy (6'1" 230) and the scout is a lil cramped... Im normally fishing alone but it would be nice to have the Nanook if someone else would like to go along with me... At that price you really cant beat it! At 80lbs I think I could manage to pull it alone.  My lake doesnt allow atv's or snowmoiles.... :'(  Does anyone know which big retail stores will stock the new Nanook??? all i have around me is a gander mountain and dicks sporting goods. Cabelas is a 2 ride... Bass pro is outta the question.

You can try reedssports.com i do believe they are offering free delivery of there house but DON'T quote me one that

I'm 6'6" and roughley 265 pounds  and have sat in the Nanook and theres lots of room for more then just you ( gota have the beer) ..

this year i have sold one of my pro's thinking i would try and use the Nanook more then i would use the Pro time will tell i guess..
Hard Ice

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Oct 07, 2009, 09:19 PM »
Sorry guys and gals i have been gone for a little while i will try to be around more to answer your questions if you have a question that is pressing please PM me and i'll get to you right away if i can.
Hard Ice

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Oct 08, 2009, 06:08 AM »
Well, that just certainly helped out my decision on buying a new hut this winter. What a bummer! Il be looking out for the half price pros  :)
Andrew

Offline theseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Oct 08, 2009, 09:28 AM »
Hopefully gander will carry the new Nanook.. I asked them what shantys they will be stocking and the guy looked at me like i was stupid >:(... all they offered last year was the trekker 2, fish trap scout, and the pack shack... The trekker sold out in 5 days... this past winter was the best we've had in years. I guess more and more people are getting into ice fishing...  I agree with you HardIce, beer storage is a top priority!!!

Offline mix123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Oct 08, 2009, 12:55 PM »
Hmmmm. Buy a nanook and sell '09 guide or just keep guide...I'm trying to decide if the trap link which I use with my guide and pro is more important than the swivel seating in the nanook. Tough one lol

Offline TravP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Oct 08, 2009, 01:58 PM »
Hmmmm. Buy a nanook and sell '09 guide or just keep guide...I'm trying to decide if the trap link which I use with my guide and pro is more important than the swivel seating in the nanook. Tough one lol
Or call clam and order the nanook seats for your guide and have the best of both.

Offline mix123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Oct 08, 2009, 07:10 PM »
I emailed clam....we'll see what they say. If it's possible I'll do it.

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #37 on: Oct 08, 2009, 07:28 PM »
 I was at BassPro yesterday looking at some of the shelters. (Not much ice gear out yet, surprisingly.) I was interested in the Base camp model, but to be honest, I was disappointed in the doors. I am a big fella and I find them to bee be too small to be navigating thru. In several passes thru, I caught my shoes a few times, snagged my hat and my back side most others. Snagging my boots with cleats would really do some damage to the material. Very discouraging.

Offline ice 45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Oct 08, 2009, 08:13 PM »
What material are the new nanook is it like 300 0r 600 denier fabric?

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Oct 08, 2009, 08:22 PM »
All of the clam line is 600 denier fabric
Hard Ice

Offline ice 45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Oct 08, 2009, 08:42 PM »
Thank you very much i just didn't know if they stuck to the same fabric.

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Oct 08, 2009, 08:47 PM »
Thank you very much i just didn't know if they stuck to the same fabric.

Not a problem glad i could help you !
Hard Ice

Offline mix123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Oct 09, 2009, 12:42 PM »
Good Morning Mark
I spoke to one of our engineers on this. Switching from a bench seat to
swivel seats can be done,
but it is quiet an extensive project that will be very costly.  It is
not recommended to change
the seats in Guide.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Clam Corporation / Polar Sport LLC
600 Clydesdale Trail
Medina, MN  55340
Email: [email protected]
Main: 763-231-4120
Fax: 763-231-4121
www.clamcorp.com
www.polartrailer.com

So No dice on switching to the swivels

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Oct 09, 2009, 02:52 PM »
dang, i just bought the X2 last year at the end of the season thinking I was getting a great deal. I like the shanty that I have, but it seems as if I jumped the gun a little. I seen some of the pics of the new ones at basspro.co I like some of the ideas with sitting back to back. I really wanted the X4 last year but couldnt see spending the 900+ dollars for it, and this years it seems to be reasonably priced. I hope they keep the prices like this, I think they will have a great year as well as everyone else who enjoys ice fishing. If anyone buys one, post pics right away

Offline mix123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Oct 10, 2009, 07:54 PM »
New Idea... ;D...Buy a nanook then switch the tents with my guide. This way I keep the traplink door and have the swivel seats/ Sell Nanook with bench. Will email clam and see what they say.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Oct 30, 2009, 04:17 PM »
How are the seats in the nanook thermal?  Anyone seen them?  I wanna upgrade from my 6 yr old frabill to a thermal house.

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Nov 02, 2009, 01:08 PM »
Well as I said in another post I was not happy to see the TrapLink gone.  I have it in my Yukon and use it often.  Then this past weekend I sat in a new YukonTC.  The seats are nice, but I see they don't slide anymore.  Another step backward IMO.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the Clam shacks, but I'm even happier with my decision to buy mine last year.

Offline wetline005

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I only fish on days that end in "Y"...
« Reply #47 on: Nov 07, 2009, 08:04 AM »
I bought the Yukon last year, and i love it. However i am getting rid of it cause its to darn heavy. I was wanting the pro. The Kodiac weighs 80lbs. Didn't the pro only weigh 53lbs. That is a big difference to me.

Offline Semper Fi

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing? Hunting? So many decisions!!!
« Reply #48 on: Dec 22, 2009, 07:41 AM »
I have a Guide and it came with swivel seats that glide. I think it is two years old. Sorry to see the link gone.
I worked all my life so I could retire to hunt and fish. What a good investment!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.