Author Topic: Ice Suit  (Read 880 times)

Offline sdatver

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Suit
« on: Jan 04, 2015, 07:04 PM »
I am tossing the idea around to get a new ice suit.  Currently I have the blaze Ice Armor  suit and like it except for the fact the bibs only zip to the knees.  I will never purchase another set of bibs that don't have a waist high zipper on the legs.  Just looking to see what you guys have and what has the waist high zipper.

Offline Chub58

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice Suit
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2015, 07:14 PM »
I bought the Stryker predator suit and it zips all the way up the leg.Have a ice armor suit as well ice armor only goes to knee and doesn't float.the Stryker is a little bulkier but is insulated and not much heavier also has vents in case u get to hot.stryker also has adjustable inseem witch is really nice.
Hut - Cabelas 360tc
Sonar - Vexilar double vision fl20 DTD flx28
Rods - Custom
Lure - Fiskas tungsten
Ride - 07' Polaris 700 dragon
Auger - Clam conversion Dewalt 20v Mora 6"

Offline sgtski

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish all four seasons........ice time da best time
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2015, 07:17 PM »
I got the black frabill ice suit @)
"You wanna know how I got these scars......." The Joker

Offline idahohunter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2015, 07:47 PM »
A few years back I got the Cabela's insulated Guide Gear (on sale). I love the suit and the zippers do go all the way up. I have never got cold in it. However, I wish I knew about the floating suits then. When I do need a new one I'll go with a floating suit for sure. Just gives me a warm fuzzy knowing that I'd float in the event of going into the drink God forbid.
On the ice again, just can't wait to get on the ice again, the life I love is catching fish with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the ice again. "kinda Willie Nelson"

Offline FISH_HUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2015, 07:57 PM »
I just picked up a frabill i3 suit, zippers go all the way to the waist. Havent really tried it out but seems like a nice suit.

FISH_HUNTER

Offline NEicebuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2015, 08:00 PM »
All I can say is striker ice, predator ice suits are the warmest and the most conformable I have ever had. It also floats which is a big bonus. I will never buy any thing different again. 

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2015, 08:06 PM »
I have a couple year old Striker Lite ice suit,  its warm durable and it floats.  As mentioned before It has an adjustable inseam, the zippered vents in the armpits are great for regulating heat and it has plenty of pockets.

Striker Ice Lite

Offline bowhtr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2015, 08:08 PM »
It also floats which is a big bonus.

X2 why buy anything else
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º'>

BOWHTR

Offline sdatver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2015, 08:16 PM »
X2 why buy anything else

If I bought anything that didn't float it would be new hunting bibs.

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2015, 08:21 PM »
Do a search for 'Striker'..59 pages on the topic..

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2015, 08:24 PM »
artic armor is not for you if you want high bib zippers.
striker has them, but the bib leg pockets are not good.
both float tho.
carharts have high zippers, but not water proof.

how do you all with striker bibs get your hands into the bib pockets with the tiny slit of an opening they have?

worse yet, how do you get your jig box out of those pockets if you are able to get the box into the pockets?

Offline c_becker11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2015, 08:27 PM »
All I can say is striker ice, predator ice suits are the warmest and the most conformable I have ever had. It also floats which is a big bonus. I will never buy any thing different again.

+1

I bought the bibs last season, the salesperson said the only complaint they had was that they were too warm. He said most people actually returned the jacket, so they advised me to just buy  the bibs. Excellent choice, they are amazing!

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2015, 08:47 PM »
how do you all with striker bibs get your hands into the bib pockets with the tiny slit of an opening they have?

(no hijack intended): I just checked my hardwater bibs and the top pockets are quite high. 1 small pocket is prob for a phone, wallet, etc. Guess there's enough other pockets I never gave it a thought..With the coat on I'd never need to use those..

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2015, 09:21 PM »
On my striker lite bibs the pockets on the legs are plenty big enough to put my small jig box and a bait puck (in the same pocket) and a light pair of gloves.  Even the new ones I saw at the St Paul ice show had the same large pockets on the legs and the one small zipper pocket on the chest.  The only small slit pockets on my bibs are for access to your pants pockets underneath.

Striker Ice Lite

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2015, 09:55 PM »
lite series must be different. the striker hard water 2015 series are extra large cargo pockets, but has a zipper that close them. the zippers makes it very hard to get an empty hand into the pockets, let alone trying to get jig box's out with your hand.

trying to find out how to use those pockets. they are real important to use for box's.
the only response i have had is to destroy the zipper and warranty in order to use them.

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #15 on: Jan 04, 2015, 10:09 PM »
I own the frabil ice suit i like it- love the padded foam but and knees.
Highly recommend trying on suits before you can buy them- i tried on some bibs and some fits were not good, oh and i love the neoprene sleeve cuffs.
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline rufishn2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2015, 12:09 AM »
I have a striker and fish outside the hut much more often now unless the winds kick up. Great suit with lots of pockets and very, very warm.
team "off all winter"

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 05, 2015, 05:17 AM »
Another vote for Striker..

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 05, 2015, 05:21 AM »
artic armor is not for you if you want high bib zippers.
striker has them, but the bib leg pockets are not good.
both float tho.
carharts have high zippers, but not water proof.

worse yet, how do you get your jig box out of those pockets if you are able to get the box into the pockets?
              Keep jig box in Jacket pockets, numerous pocketsfor keys and anything else, don't usually have to get in my pockets only for wallet, which I don't need on the ice!!

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 05, 2015, 05:50 AM »
I've got the Stryker predator suit as well. No kidding it is absurdly warm, Very well put together.
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Jan 05, 2015, 06:29 AM »

Striker climate  jacket  with lake affect pants ,also a striker product , floats and zippers all the way to the waste very warm and comfy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.