New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE  (Read 29266 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
 Good evening, recently found out the annual sportsmen's show held at Rockland County Community college in Suffern. will be held on the following dates this year.

Empire States Outdoor Sportsmen's show   Thursday Feb. 29Th 12 PM-8PM, Friday March !ST 12PM-8PM, Saturday march 2ND 10 AM- 7PM and Sunday March 3 RD 10 AM -5 PM .
   Adult male admission is $12.00, Youth age 16 and younger are free also Ladies admission is free.

The college is located at 145 College RD. If using the Thruway get off at exit 14B  . Show is held in the Eugene Levy fieldhouse.

I found this info. while checking the Stony Clove rod and gun clubs website to see if a youth ice fishing contest scheduled for this Sunday Feb. 25 had been cancelled. At this time the contest is still going to be held.
Click on Events to find info. on the ice fishing contest and Sportmen's show. have a good time if you attend either event.
     https://www.stonycloverodandgunclub.com

Steve

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Thank you Steve. 

I was thinking of going to the show this year, is anyone else going?   Maybe we could all meet up around noon one day and introduce ourselves to each other.    I remember when we used to meet a Gander Mtn for an ice fishing seminar a few years ago.

Is anyone interested? 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
  Kb you are welcome. It has been a couple decades since I attended this show. In the past couple of years I've developed some health issues so avoid larger crowds if I were to go it would probably be on Thursday or early Friday afternoons. Besides the link Hardwater diehard provide if you use the link to Stony Clove rod and gun club's website I provide in my last post and look under events you will find a 2 dollars discount coupon for the show admission.

I also mis the preseason meeting we used to have at Gander Mountain in Middletown. Hardwater diehard can correct me if this is wrong but we would be lucky to find a similar situation as to my knowledge Gander Mountain never charged a fee for use of the lodge room or asked for him to get event insurance. Since the last preseason meeting I have searched for a place to hold another one everything I've found has a rental fee and most want you to have insurance.

Possibly next winter we could have a gathering somewhere to ice fish as a group.

Steve

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That would be nice.   I hope we get ice  next year. 

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
 Kb ,I agree it would be nice to meet other ice shanty members and put faces to screen names. Int the past there were a few group outings held at Lake Huntington in western Sullivan county. This lake has a state access spot but limited vehicle parking. A couple lakes in Harriman state park have good sized parking lots down side is the agency that operates the park requires 6 inches of ice over majority of ice surface before they will open a lake to ice fishing and they only allow ice fishing on a few lakes. Given our mild Winters the past few years run the chance of having no or only smaller lakes open for fishing.
 We could meet up at one of the contest in the area.

Steve

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
New to Southern NY and new to ice fishing. Wanted to say hello! Will be following this thread. Looking forward to getting out there this winter.

Welcome to the board.  There is a lot of knowledge to learn from here, Its been tough lately as the ice has been limited these past few years and the board slows when the weather warms.  There is a sister site that many of us move to for open water season: http://www.myfishfinder.com

Dont be afraid to ask questions, we were all new once.

Kb

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.