The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Strikemaster Xl 3000  (Read 1516 times)

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Strikemaster Xl 3000
« on: Dec 21, 2003, 02:31 PM »
Hi to everyone, I have been reading the posts for a while and decided to throw this at you to see if anyone else has experienced this. I also posted this in another forum, but haven't gotten any responses yet. I have a baracuda 2hp 8" auger that I bought last season and am totally amazed by what it does. This year I decided to upgrade and bought a SM XL 3000 10". I have used it once a few days ago and my experience with the XL 3000 is it starts hard as hell. It starts hard when it is cold and when it is warm. Once you get it running it runs great and cuts great. My baracuda has always started on the second pull when cold and on the first when warmed up. I don't like having to pull 4 or 5 times to get the SM started. When it is cold I pump the primer bulb 3 or so times and put the choke on full. After it fires I put the choke to 1/2 and pull some more. When it starts I leave the choke 1/2 on until it runs smooth. When I restart it warm I think it should start on the first pull w/o any choke or pumps of the bulb, but it doesn't. I have to 1/2 choke it to get it started again and it still takes more than 2 pulls generally. Am I doing something wrong? My intentions were to sell my baracuda since I don't need 2, but I am reluctant due to this issue. Right now I like my baracuda better. Thanks for any help.  ;)

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.