The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: high velocity hand drills?  (Read 2283 times)

ryfisher

high velocity hand drills?
« on: Feb 20, 2003, 05:31 AM »
i have been looking at these high velocity hand drills in a mag. and wonderin how they are? anyone have one? i am prob going to get an 8 inch. thanx

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Re: high velocity hand drills?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2003, 10:10 AM »
If you do a search under Velocity augers you will find alot of info. I have the 8" NilsMaster Velocity auger and I love it. It was easier and just as quick as my 6" Lazer. I also got the power head for it and it works fine. It takes about two minutes to convert it from hand to power or back. The cutting head cannot be sharpened so if it gets dull you would have to replace it.    Good luck  ;)
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2003, 07:19 PM »
i have the 4.5" and 6" nils hand auger

i have had the 4.5" for about 4 years now, and it has yet to show any signs of slowing down

got the 6" last march, cuts just as good as the 4.5", and still faster than any other handauger, and most poweraugers.

Also, the blades just do not seem to want to go dull
-however, i talked to the guys(nils importers) in jercho, VT., and they said that if somehow you do dull the blade head, you would have to have a machine shop work on it.

not a worry of mine though, 4 seasons, over 140 trips total so far on the 4.5", and not a problem yet.

Offline red_eyes

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FLAGG!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2003, 03:29 AM »
just got the 8" this year from cabelas and cuts just as fast as a power auger.it cuts much faster than any other hand auger that i've usen.i've cut through 30" of ice in a minute or less.soon i will probally be getting the powerhead.
Pain is temporary, trophies last forever

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
Re:high velocity hand drills?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2003, 02:42 AM »
Do you guys recommend the high velocity in the 4.5" size over the strikemaster 4" size and why? Also, I'll check online, but I believe peterson's outdoors in pennsylvannia, now offers so-called "replacement blades" for the high velocity augers now. thanks for the info...
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2003, 03:40 AM »
is the high velocity auger in the 4.5" size adaptable to the optional powerhead to make it a power ager?
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2003, 04:29 AM »
Thanks tony b for the great info..just ordered the nils in the 4.5 size from spectacular sports-I was amazed at the price compared to other sites on the net($59.99). anyway,thanks again for the help,now all I need is hard water in central Il.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.