Author Topic: Wife cutting into fishing time!  (Read 13322 times)

Offline soaknwet

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Wife cutting into fishing time!
« Reply #60 on: Feb 01, 2010, 09:36 AM »
Been happily married for 25 yrs (25 out of 37 ain't) ;D. My wife is usally pertty good about my fishing, but once in a while wants to do something together, so yesterday I took her to a boat show then we went and bought some ice fishing gear at Fleet Farm. ;D ;D ;D
The river goes on forever and the fishing never ends.........

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #61 on: Feb 01, 2010, 11:25 AM »
My wife knew I liked fishing when we met 28 years ago, she likes to fish also. It's all about finding the right one.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline ColoradoBelle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Feb 01, 2010, 01:26 PM »
Ice fishing isn't for everyone, but some of us women do enjoy it. Probably because we generally enjoy doing things together with the men in our lives. After reading some of these posts, I can believe that your partners don't want to be out there with you. My husband passed away a couple of years ago, but I was out fishing this weekend! I find that most men are surprised when they realize that it's a woman out there drilling her own holes, running a fishfinder and catching fish, too! So good luck on the ice and at home, 'cause it sounds like she's gonna need it!

Offline Moose-51

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here kitty kitty kitty.
« Reply #63 on: Feb 01, 2010, 01:42 PM »
Ya gotta get yer priorities straight son.  Fishing or Wife?  It is an easy choice ;)

Get out there and wet a line already....
"Can you smell em yet?"

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #64 on: Feb 01, 2010, 02:02 PM »
Ice fishing isn't for everyone, but some of us women do enjoy it. Probably because we generally enjoy doing things together with the men in our lives. After reading some of these posts, I can believe that your partners don't want to be out there with you. My husband passed away a couple of years ago, but I was out fishing this weekend! I find that most men are surprised when they realize that it's a woman out there drilling her own holes, running a fishfinder and catching fish, too! So good luck on the ice and at home, 'cause it sounds like she's gonna need it!
Sorry to hear of the loss of your husband Belle, it's good that you continue to ice fish. I'm sure it brings back fond memories for you. I see this is your first post so welcome to the Shanty from Nebraska and my hats off to you for getting out there and doing what you enjoy! 
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline Surefishalot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 01, 2010, 06:16 PM »
Mine use to go all the time when I had the motor home to park next to the lake, sold the motor  home >:D
saltwater-freshwater what ever floats your boat!

Offline redruff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 01, 2010, 06:23 PM »
Between hunting and fishing my wife tells her friends, "My husband goes hunting once a year, he leaves in Sept. and comes home in June."

Like others have said.... I get the "your NOT going fishing? You feel ok?"

I keep taking my wife to the airport for a vacation, but she keeps coming back!"

Offline mako003

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Feb 01, 2010, 08:51 PM »
X is gone new girl is awesome get up befor me loads truck and gear and makes breakfest !   once on the ice climbs in the mummy bags and reads a book and she is very happy and I like when I say its time to go and she says she not done yet

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #68 on: Feb 02, 2010, 02:14 AM »
Wife 1.0 didn't like me ice fishing all the time but tolerated it during our 10 years of marriage.  Wife 2.0 liked it even less during my 10 months of marriage.  GF 1.0 likes it that I have my own hobbies  ;D
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Feb 02, 2010, 04:47 AM »
im facing a major decision in my life....3 years ago i took on a girlfriend with a 3 year old daughter....the daughter is 5 now and she calls me dad, and likes the outdoors enough, but not really hunting or fishing.....the girlfriend never wants to do anything anymore....i stay 40 miles away in town 5 days a week while im working, since thats the only place i can find work and commuting is too expensive.... on the weekends i spend time with them....but now all we do is argue. i cant drink beer even, i cant go fishing on my days off without her throwing massive guilt trips at me, every time i come out she goes thru my phone, my bag, my clothes, tryin to catch me doing something wrong...i havent been happy with my life for months....i think i need to clear the slate and start all over....im already looking for an apartment and saving money.  problem is i dont wanna leave the kid hangin....cuz if i leave, i cant keep relations with the kid. very hard decision.....some of you mite call me a jerk, but i dont think so.

I don't think you want input into this situation. You just need someone to confirm what you already decided. In affairs of the heart you are on your own. You know what to do. Do it.   

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Feb 02, 2010, 04:56 AM »
If your wife cuts into your fishing time, cut her up for bait! I went through the bs for a loooong time until it ended this past november. Never been fishing this much in my life!

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #71 on: Feb 02, 2010, 05:36 AM »
I keep things up front and honest and let them know that the outdoors were here before them and they will be here after them, the choice is theirs. She hates when I say that, bit it is true.

Luckily, the G-unit, fishingirlpa, and I have a nice compromise...since she luvs the beach and +90° temps, and I hate it. We spend the summer months surf fishing along the beach. I can fish and she does what women like to do on the beach. Don't think for a moment though that she doesn't enjoy an ice fishing trip once in awhile, but it all comes down to compromise.

Each has to understand that they are seperate people with seperate interest, needs, and each has to work at compromise when needed.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline Ice_Stalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:26 AM »
I have a wife and three small children, and I just can't stay out all day anymore.  I now fish high percentage times such as moon rise/moon set, or I get out real early.  A typical outing has me on the water by 4 or 5 and off by noon.  Same thing in open water.
Catch.Reel.Release...R epeat as needed.

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #73 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:58 AM »
Sounds like you have it worked out Ice Stalker.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline fishermantim4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Feb 02, 2010, 12:11 PM »
i just kicked the gf to the door. now my outdoor life looks like it will only be getting better.
WINDOW FISH!!!!!

Offline GDominy12

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FLAG!
« Reply #75 on: Feb 02, 2010, 12:41 PM »
the answer to this is build a buck shack on the ice and live in it! :o

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #76 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:17 PM »
me first fishing second wemon later ;D ;D ;D
You sure you haven't got the bait before the hook? :roflmao:

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 02, 2010, 11:05 PM »
.......Wait for it.................... ..........
THIS IS WHY IM NOT MARRRIED!!!!!!!!!!!! :tipup:

Offline wyo700

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Feb 02, 2010, 11:38 PM »
you guys just need to find the right girl.  my wife lets me go whenever and she even comes with me sometimes.  but i cant bring her to much cause she always catches more fish than me.   ;D

Offline possumking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Feb 03, 2010, 12:03 AM »
I hunt i have 4 labs i fish and i go trappin my wife goes fishing and trapping with me and we have a ball togather

Offline jigginPig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Feb 03, 2010, 11:27 AM »
She asks why I fish... I simply reply "Because you Dont!" ;D
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$#!+

Offline mammathoner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Feb 03, 2010, 02:31 PM »
The secret boys is to compromise. I've been married over 20 years and I make sure that everytime that I got out fishing that I spend some quality time with her. Those mornings I make a special effort to make sweet, sweet love to her. It only takes about 5 minutes and after that she practically pushes me out of the bed and out of the house!  ;)
"Time spent wasted is not wasted time" - Keith Richards

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #82 on: Feb 03, 2010, 02:37 PM »
i have a baby boy that is going to be 3 weeks old tomorrow .... now that cuts into fishing time :(

Offline wvalle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Feb 03, 2010, 02:42 PM »
foregiveness is easier than permission
william valle

Offline mbluka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Feb 03, 2010, 03:06 PM »
foregiveness is easier than permission
JUST GOT DONE DONE WITH A GOOD BROW BEATEN MYSELF,WHEN SHE WAS DONE TOLD HER TO COME OUT AND CHECK OUT THE BIG SLAB BULLS I GOT INTO THIS MORNING,SHE SAID I JUST DONT GET IT.HOPE THE BITES STILL ON IN THE MORNING

Offline tomahawker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Feb 03, 2010, 05:48 PM »
was married.now divorced luckily no kids involved now my weekends are full of fishing and hunting and sleeping and fishing and hunting and sleeping and so on ;D
wack,m n stack,m

Offline ColdFrontFisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Feb 04, 2010, 01:35 AM »
The secret boys is to compromise. I've been married over 20 years and I make sure that everytime that I got out fishing that I spend some quality time with her. Those mornings I make a special effort to make sweet, sweet love to her. It only takes about 5 minutes and after that she practically pushes me out of the bed and out of the house!  ;)
:thumbsup:
Post frontal conditions follow me like a lonely puppy

Offline Need to fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Feb 04, 2010, 11:45 AM »
oh man, I was thinking about buying a ring and poppin the question to the little lady but reading some of these post makes me want to rethink it. I think I ll be alright though. Heres the lil' miss teamlund. She likes fishing in summer but isnt that big of a fan of the ice fishing :) She does get alittle upset during the walleye tournaments and bowhunting during the rut, mostly becasue I am gone so much and dragging arse and tired....

So did you decide? There's nothing better when it's the right woman.

Offline husb0023

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Punching Holes in Wisconsin Since 1986
« Reply #88 on: Feb 04, 2010, 02:20 PM »
My old lady is so happy when I leave to go hunting or fishing she can barely contain it.
She pretends like she misses me the whole time I'm gone but I know the truth.

Offline therealjt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oh i wish i was a fishing
« Reply #89 on: Feb 04, 2010, 10:50 PM »
mine is NEVER happy, she would complain if she was hung with a new rope. I have my first derby sunday and planned a week ago to go out saturday and scout the lake since i have never fished it. Also my dad is going with me for his first time on the ice. Yesterday my parents called and asked if they can take both kids friday night, now my wife wants to do a lunch date which is going to take up the middle half of my day scouting and she is mad/crying.

wife is a very indoorsy sit and watch a movie type of person. hunting fishing hanging out with people are all against her religion or something

jt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.