The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fox River ice fishing  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Amos

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Always looking for new fishing experiences.
Fox River ice fishing
« on: Jan 31, 2018, 08:30 PM »
I'm from Michigan and planning my annual trip to fish Wisconsin.  I was wondering if the Fox River has a winter fishery for walleye thru the ice?  Is access readily available?  Are these accesses close to the fishing grounds?  (We will be on foot)  Would also appreciate any info on techniques and lures.  Would love to meet someone who fishes it, that could show us around for the day.  Thanks for any help.   

Offline Laker 11

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fox River ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2018, 08:05 AM »

Offline Amos

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2018, 10:25 AM »
Thanks for the info.  Love the link you sent me. 

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2018, 04:11 PM »
I'm from Michigan and planning my annual trip to fish Wisconsin.  I was wondering if the Fox River has a winter fishery for walleye thru the ice?  Is access readily available?  Are these accesses close to the fishing grounds?  (We will be on foot)  Would also appreciate any info on techniques and lures.  Would love to meet someone who fishes it, that could show us around for the day.  Thanks for any help.

If you're talking the Fox River in DePere, it's work. There's a ton of current and you have to finesse rig. I used to go in college and we'd use 3-ways.

Offline Amos

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2018, 11:31 PM »
Is there access and good fishing in Green Bay?  As for the finesse rig, you speak of, is there somewhere I can see an example? 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.