The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Musser Lake - Price County  (Read 683 times)

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
Musser Lake - Price County
« on: Jan 18, 2018, 08:26 AM »
Hello!  Just checking in to see if anyone has any reports on Musser Lake/Flowage in Price County.  I get up there about once every 2-3 years and this is my weekend to go.

We will have a group of 6 and we'll primarily be fishing tip ups and drinking Miller Lite. 

Just checking to see if anyone has tips to share either here or in PM.  I will be scouting with my buddy on Friday and hunkering down somewhere on the lake on Saturday with the big group.

2 years ago we fished when it was about -15 out and didn't do very well.  small perch and one 32" northern were all we had.  hoping for a little more action this year with the weather being what it will be.

thanks for reading.
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
Re: Musser Lake - Price County
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2018, 09:52 AM »
Well gents we started at the West end of the lake where the elk river flows out.  Couldn't find any weeds for the life of me.  I drilled over 60 holes.  Talked to some nice gentlemen that were out there within sight of us and they reported the same thing.  It was a dead sea.

In terms of other reports I did hear of quite a few crappie being caught for the tourney.  Also some 7-8" gills.  I believe the winning northern pike was 31 inches or something like that.

We had a set of 18 tip ups going at one point and not a single flag popped in a day and a half of fishing.
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.