The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: ice  (Read 6150 times)

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ice
« Reply #30 on: Dec 01, 2011, 06:50 PM »
I'll be out this weekend lows of 17 tonight and 14 tomorrow night. Went and checked a place tonight and I wasn't the only there checking either haha

Offline Too Beer For Cold

• IceShanty Rookie
  • *hic* It's never too beer for cold!!!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:50 AM »
It's looking like we're going to get about 7" of the white stuff this weekend.....come on now ma' nature that's just cruel!!!  We really need a couple weeks of cold weather before we get hit with s*%w. :(

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 02, 2011, 10:49 AM »
I had 5 at the house this morning.  I will be hitting ice tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
« Reply #33 on: Dec 02, 2011, 12:25 PM »
Drilling my first holes from the dock today....... Yea i wait till its frozen then take it out....

With all the snow were supposed to get i could cry.  :'(

Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice iceIce ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice iceIce ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice  Ice ice ice Ice ice iceIce ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice iceIce ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice iceIce ice iceIce ice ice  Ice ice ice Ice ice iceIce ice ice  Ice ice iceIce ice ice Ice ice ice  Ice ice ice Ice ice iceIce ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice iceIce ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice  Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice iceIce ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice  Ice ice iceIce ice ice Ice ice ice  Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice iceIce ice ice  Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice iceIce ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice Ice ice ice

Mabey that will help ?  ;D

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 02, 2011, 12:47 PM »
WOOOT

just walked on butternut lake today!!

little over an inch +

no snow in the forcast for a little while. should be fishing by sunday when i get off of work!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   THANK YOU COLD WEATHER!

Offline wifisherman4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 02, 2011, 02:31 PM »
You better take some pics matt!! next week is looking money!

Offline bjones1984

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 02, 2011, 03:27 PM »
i couldnt seem to climb out of my chair today but i was gonna walk down to the lake and check myself. i still see open patches further out but i think we are getting close!!!!! hope the snow misses us  :'(

Offline trapster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 02, 2011, 03:54 PM »
looks like the end of next week here..
Shut up and fish.

Offline Big Red Shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 02, 2011, 04:45 PM »
Heard we are only supposed to get an inch or two possibly three around the appleton area!!! Thats better than 7!!!! Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice... Please make me ice!!!!!!!!!!! On the bright side, if it does snow a lot, snowmobiling will start sooner

Offline transplantfromMN

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SKOL VIKINGS!!!
« Reply #39 on: Dec 02, 2011, 05:36 PM »
looks like the end of next week here..

What lake Trapster?? my buddy and I are planning on fishing out that way this winter as he has a camper at Lake of the woods campground. (Be cold but its a chance to get away.)
Ice fishing is Gods gift to winter...

Offline trapster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 02, 2011, 10:14 PM »
there is a good skim on the Neshkoro mill pond.
Shut up and fish.

Offline wifisherman4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 03, 2011, 10:43 AM »
was walking around on some WI backwaters yesterday..

Offline trapster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 03, 2011, 12:34 PM »
there is a good skim on the Neshkoro mill pond.
I'm sure that it's gone today though.  37 and raining today.
Shut up and fish.

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's called Leinenkugels and it means Great Beer!
« Reply #43 on: Dec 03, 2011, 10:19 PM »
Two idiots went through trying to fish lake Holcombe. They were rescued I think by the authorities. (Survival of the fitest my a--!)
Nick,

If your going to play Russian Roulette, use a gun with a clip and don't go first!

Offline flywatersmallie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 03, 2011, 11:21 PM »
Two idiots went through trying to fish lake Holcombe. They were rescued I think by the authorities. (Survival of the fitest my a--!)
Nick,

We all understand the agony of waiting but no fish is worth winding up on the wrong side of the ice. I've waited this long, I can go another week or 2. Being married, I seem to think that way a lot  ;D

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Dec 04, 2011, 12:33 PM »
You said it Flywater.

If your going to play Russian Roulette, use a gun with a clip and don't go first!

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #46 on: Dec 04, 2011, 02:51 PM »
You said it Flywater.

It seems like this happens every year.  Some people just seem incapable of making good decisions, others lack a sense of self preservation.  Still others need to be the first ones out so that they ca brag about how thin the ice was, or how many fish they caught. 

I understand that given the limited amount of ice time, you need to maximize your opportunities, but it seems like a certain percentage of people don't realize that death is alot longer than the ice season.

Can you say DARWIN AWARDS?

Offline SeaDog1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 04, 2011, 02:56 PM »
Hi,

Said pretty much the same on a post I made + "Darwin Award".

SAFETY! and Common Sense should be first and foremost!

SeaDog1

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Dec 04, 2011, 03:11 PM »
Went yesterday about a half hour north of here in a little bay their was about 5 other people out there too caught about 30 gills in a hour but not really worth bragging about but was good to get out there for a while. Their was about two inches out there but with the snow its going to take a while now.

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Dec 04, 2011, 03:30 PM »
Went yesterday about a half hour north of here in a little bay

Was that Burnette Island in Cornell?

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Dec 04, 2011, 05:12 PM »
just got off the ice up here in butternut!

no fish but only was out for a bit after work.

solid 2 close to shore but was getting thinner as i went out. the snow really messed it up. would have 3-5 if it wernt for the storm ><

maybe ill go try some smaller lakes tomorrow and this week to find some thicker ice!

Offline transplantfromMN

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SKOL VIKINGS!!!
« Reply #51 on: Dec 04, 2011, 06:17 PM »
just got off the ice up here in butternut!

no fish but only was out for a bit after work.

solid 2 close to shore but was getting thinner as i went out. the snow really messed it up. would have 3-5 if it wernt for the storm ><

maybe ill go try some smaller lakes tomorrow and this week to find some thicker ice!

I am sooo jealous
Ice fishing is Gods gift to winter...

Offline wifisherman4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Dec 04, 2011, 09:22 PM »
Im glad we didn't get any snow in the Point area.. Just a ton of rain which might actually help put more ice on. But tried to walk out on a lake today that I walked on yesterday, and didn't get off shore today.. But the ice consisted of the original layer of ice, then water, and thin ice on top.. When that water inbetween freezes I'll be good to go!

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
« Reply #53 on: Dec 04, 2011, 10:33 PM »
Drilled off the dock here. Only 2 inches with one inch being Crap honey comb cuse of the snow.....

Ill wait

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Dec 04, 2011, 11:19 PM »
Im glad we didn't get any snow in the Point area.. Just a ton of rain which might actually help put more ice on. But tried to walk out on a lake today that I walked on yesterday, and didn't get off shore today.. But the ice consisted of the original layer of ice, then water, and thin ice on top.. When that water inbetween freezes I'll be good to go!

yea we had rain last year up here early ice and i thought it would mess it up.    just turned out to freeze and make really great ice!

but then we got dumped on with snow and messed it up anyways lol..

can never win!!!! tomorrow its patterson lake to check the ice out there and go for the gills and maybe some trouts :) smaller lake so it should be a little better i hope.

Offline zip7111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:39 AM »
Hey michaelo...are you thinking there will be some safe ice nearby this weekend?

Offline wifisherman4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Dec 05, 2011, 07:13 AM »
I spoke too soon, got snow last night lol  >:(  ::)

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:40 PM »
Was that Burnette Island in Cornell?

Yep that would be it. Caught about 25 gills in a hour and half about 5 keepers and one good crappie. It was just nice to be out there.

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Dec 05, 2011, 07:56 PM »
I'm planing to go up there this Sat. That's usually where I go for early ice. Nice cold temps this week should help things firm up all over. I don't think the snow's going to stunt it too much. (I hope :-\)

Offline skawx002

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Dec 05, 2011, 08:14 PM »
Ice on the bird bath this morning.  Couldn't get a bite though.  They must have been in a neg. mood.

with the bird bath fish, you gotta fish in the shallows...aka near the edge.  You'll be wasting your time fishing in the deep middle

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.