Author Topic: need help brown and rainbow trout  (Read 603 times)

Offline Icewarrior

• Team IceShanty Regular
need help brown and rainbow trout
« on: Feb 15, 2007, 02:47 PM »
hey guys i need some help please i am fishing in a tournament at a local pond this weekend and top prizes are given for trout! i usually only fish for bass but have done well salmon fishing this year.  i only fish with shiners on tip ups what depths are good for browns and rainbows?  the depths of the pond range up to 60 feet deep what is a good strategy to have success this weekend? any help is appreciated thank you!

Icewarrior

Offline cossack

• IceShanty Rookie
  • A NICE 5+ POUND cross river BROWN
Re: need help brown and rainbow trout
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2007, 03:30 PM »
go deep for the browns put a couple/few ne where from 6 inches to 4 feet off the bottom,i take browns at 55 feet right on the bottom,,,also set some from 12 to 18 feet below the ice especially where there is a flat --set them on the deep side of the flat where the browns have an "escape" route to open water,,in 40 feet,i usally take rainbows "not that we have many here" in shallow water 4- 15 feet right on the bottom,,,also try jigging small swedish pimples tipped w/ bait right off the bottom..dont know the reg's for # of tip-ups and hand lines where u are so good luck,,hope this helps ;D
if it swims,catch it

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
Re: need help brown and rainbow trout
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2007, 03:35 PM »
Glow glow glow!

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor