Author Topic: Under water camera  (Read 2127 times)

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
Under water camera
« on: Jan 04, 2022, 08:54 PM »
I am looking at cameras for ice fishing . Has anyone used the Eyoyo 360 9" camera ?
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Under water camera
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2022, 09:11 PM »
There is a knockoff made by Anysun that's cheaper ( exact same unit)
I've had one (7" screen for a couple seasons and find it great for scouting but murky water has lo visibility.
If you fish clear water it would work great w/ a remote control 360 panner and you'd save about 150.00
Just can't use it as is in deeper water jigging due to cam cable getting wrapped around the jig line.
I do use it occasionally when spearing before they start sizing up the decoy in
shallower water to get a view under the shanty.

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2022, 09:57 PM »
Depends if you want low end or higher end quality. Eyoyo has some decent reviews. There are some Utube vids that do comparisons on different cams. I decided on the Marcum Pursuit, but it's on the high end.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2022, 12:09 AM »
I looked at those . Great reviews but out of my budget .
My brother just bought the Aqua View 715c . We haven't had it out yet .
 I ordered the Eyoyo 360 plus am adapter so  I can plug my Milwaukee batteries into That and change 18 volts to 12 . So when the camera battery goes dead I can run my camera on those .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline EYOYO

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2022, 03:31 AM »
I am looking at cameras for ice fishing . Has anyone used the Eyoyo 360 9" camera ?
EYOYO newly released panner should be a cheap solution lol...
EYOYO underwater fishing camera maker!

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2022, 06:26 AM »
man look at all those critters in that lake!  i bet he gets some huge panfish from there!
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2022, 06:30 AM »
The eyoyo 360 don't need a planner the camera rotates not the cable .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2022, 08:30 AM »
That was my point Curt
Camera w/ 360 view= 300.00
Camera w/ out 360 view and aftermarket panner = 165.00 total

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2022, 09:01 AM »
There is a knockoff made by Anysun that's cheaper ( exact same unit)
I've had one (7" screen for a couple seasons and find it great for scouting but murky water has lo visibility.
If you fish clear water it would work great w/ a remote control 360 panner and you'd save about 150.00
Just can't use it as is in deeper water jigging due to cam cable getting wrapped around the jig line.
I do use it occasionally when spearing before they start sizing up the decoy in
shallower water to get a view under the shanty.

All this, I bought a 7" eyoyo and the aqua vu panner 4 or 5 years ago, I used it 3 or 4 times. I typically fish deep water so it doesn't work very well, it was tangles as much as the lack of light down there. Turning up the IR only clutters the screen because it picks up the tiniest of whatever is down there. It does work in shallow clear water. I keep it for the rare occasion I fish shallow water and my kids are with me.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2022, 09:44 AM »
Deep, stained, or murky water, it doesn't matter what camera you get, none of them are going to perform well. I've got the Eyoyo 7" and used it a couple times in shallow clear water and it works as expected.

Offline EYOYO

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2022, 08:56 AM »
Deep, stained, or murky water, it doesn't matter what camera you get, none of them are going to perform well. I've got the Eyoyo 7" and used it a couple times in shallow clear water and it works as expected.
Yeah it works well if clear water!

EYOYO underwater fishing camera maker!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2022, 09:04 AM »
For shallow clear water I watched a gentlemen drill two holes, slide a galvanized pipe painted black with a piece of glass siliconed in the end in the farthest hole, and watch fish come up to his jig fishing in the closest hole. He had some foam attached to the top to rest is face on and keep light out. Really seemed to be the cat's meow. Said he didn't miss the light bites due to being able to see the fish. Also said you would be amazed at the fish down there that come up to your bait and swim away.

I see they make them commercially but it didn't look to difficult to make a lot cheaper.

I pulled this off of Youtube:

I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2022, 10:08 AM »
For clear shallow water you can fish in a shack and drill two holes, fish in the further one and look down the closer one and see your jig. Ice fished that way successfully for whitefish in as deep as 12 feet.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2022, 10:15 AM »
For clear shallow water you can fish in a shack and drill two holes, fish in the further one and look down the closer one and see your jig. Ice fished that way successfully for whitefish in as deep as 12 feet.

That may be true but I've done that and had fish refuse to bite as they could tell something above wasn't right. Real spooky. We couldn't catch them (large bull gills) unless we put slush in our holes or we caught them as the sun went down. But to be fair these fish are pressured and the water was ultra clear.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline OLDCURIOSITY

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2022, 08:29 PM »
I have had the Eyoyo 7” for 3 or 4 years. Works great and is cheap. Battery lasts forever. Video cable is a pain. Have to be very intentional when paying it out and retrieving to prevent a mess forming on the spool. They put no thought onto cable management.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 07, 2022, 01:32 AM »
I bought the one I did,  instead of the $160.00 one . For the 9" screen and the ability to record .
My Brother bought the Aqua View 715I . He hasn't  used it yet .,it was $40.00 less than the one I bought . But 7" and no record .
We plan on using them on Cascade in Idaho for Jumbo Perch . In 20 feet of water .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #16 on: Jan 07, 2022, 06:46 AM »
taxi your talkin about "stove pipe" a c__r lk i bet.  i remember him but cant remember his name anymore.  everyone called him stove pipe. 

with my shanty i have seen bottom in 30ft in some of our lakes!  you can use a canvas tarp or even your coat over you.  anything that blocks the light above the hole.  it is amazing to see how camouflaged perch are in the short grass that grows deep!  i mean your watching it and it just disappears.  then it moves and you see it. lol

OANN the real story

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 07, 2022, 08:22 AM »
taxi your talkin about "stove pipe" a c__r lk i bet.  i remember him but cant remember his name anymore.  everyone called him stove pipe. 

Was he up on Clear Lake? That's where I saw him.

Ah the days on Clear Lake looking down in my shanty and seeing 4 or 5 lb. rainbow cruise by!

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #18 on: Jan 09, 2022, 09:47 AM »
yes he was

OANN the real story

Offline Perch2022

• IceShanty Rookie