Author Topic: New Milwaukee Drill  (Read 7371 times)

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New Milwaukee Drill
« Reply #30 on: Feb 20, 2019, 01:47 PM »
But the hammer drill version is good for what y’all are doing on the ice? Cause the hammer drills are more in stock. And once in a great while I could use a hammer drill. Thanks!
Keep it safe! JDL

I just posted a nice package deal from Acme Tools in the Best Deals thread a few hours ago that would give you all kinds of versatility for not much more $$ than just a drill.  The drill is the non-hammer 2703 version 1200 ip though.  I have the hammer drill version 2704 and will likely never use that feature.  You could use the drill and/or the Mud Mixer to cut with depending on what suited your fancy...( I also own both tools)

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 20, 2019, 01:58 PM »
But the hammer drill version is good for what y’all are doing on the ice? Cause the hammer drills are more in stock. And once in a great while I could use a hammer drill. Thanks!
Keep it safe! JDL
  You'll never use the hammer setting on the ice, it would trash the auger blades.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #32 on: Feb 20, 2019, 02:27 PM »
I just posted a nice package deal from Acme Tools in the Best Deals thread a few hours ago that would give you all kinds of versatility for not much more $$ than just a drill.  The drill is the non-hammer 2703 version 1200 ip though.  I have the hammer drill version 2704 and will likely never use that feature.  You could use the drill and/or the Mud Mixer to cut with depending on what suited your fancy...( I also own both tools)

DN
Thanks for the post. Have y’all purchased from the company before? I know you watch for deals and appreciate it, Just never have delt with them. Now that I am posting this I am guessing you would never post a deal from a bad company. Just have been burned before.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 20, 2019, 02:36 PM »
Thanks for the post. Have y’all purchased from the company before? I know you watch for deals and appreciate it, Just never have delt with them. Now that I am posting this I am guessing you would never post a deal from a bad company. Just have been burned before.
Keep it safe! JDL

Acme Tools is a very reputable company and been around a LONG time.  I bought both my drill and later on, my mud mixer through them.  Good service and knowledgeable staff.  Rest easy.  I mean, Wile E. Coyote started buying stuff there in the 50's.   :roflmao:

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #34 on: Feb 20, 2019, 02:38 PM »
Acme Tools is a very reputable company and been around a LONG time.  I bought both my drill and later on, my mud mixer through them.  Good service and knowledgeable staff.  Rest easy.  I mean, the Wile E. Coyote started buying stuff there in the 50's.   :roflmao:

DN
LOL!!!!  Thanks!
JDL

Offline Bubba340

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 20, 2019, 02:42 PM »
Hey guys,  I bought the M18 Fuel 18V Brushless Cordless 1/2in Hammer drill model 2804-22. Came with 2 5aH batteries. After stumbling upon a few threads that people had issues, I want to make sure this is a good drill to use with the Kdrill before I use it.

do not set the forward reverse button in neutral using it for a safety because if you press the drills  trigger while it is in neutral there is no give and any off centering of the clam plate trigger will snap off the fuels delicate drill trigger.  I did it and they fixed it under warranty but I had to wait some time to get it fixed.  so leave it in gear and pull the battery if you don't want it to spin. 

Offline catskills

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 20, 2019, 02:46 PM »
do not set the forward reverse button in neutral using it for a safety because if you press the drills  trigger while it is in neutral there is no give and any off centering of the clam plate trigger will snap off the fuels delicate drill trigger.  I did it and they fixed it under warranty but I had to wait some time to get it fixed.  so leave it in gear and pull the battery if you don't want it to spin.

Thank you, I think I get what you mean.  Is that just for the clam plate? I didn't purchase that. Just the kdrill

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 20, 2019, 05:16 PM »
What are thenumbers from 2 to 24 ?

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 20, 2019, 05:22 PM »

Torque settings for when you’re driving screws or turning nuts down.

DN

Offline marknpanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 21, 2019, 07:48 AM »
Third season of my M18 and I love it. $250 you got a good deal.

Offline bowski76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 21, 2019, 09:41 AM »
Keep the clutch on 24, set the drill to drill mode and on low speed (#1).

This is also my 4th year and it ceases to amaze me. I carry (2) 5 amp batteries and I've yet to drain one. A few weeks ago, we cut 20 plus 8" holes through 18" of ice and i still had 3 bars left on the battery gauge.
Once we drill the holes, we also put the drill in reverse (on a Clam Plate) and clear out the ice shavings, you don't need an ice scoop!

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #41 on: Feb 21, 2019, 02:38 PM »

Thank you, I think I get what you mean.  Is that just for the clam plate? I didn't purchase that. Just the kdrill

I have not had a problem ..but keep my drill in the forward position with the Clam Plate.. with the ice thickness we get there is no need to use reverse to remove ice chips to clean out the hole ..don't forget while using/drilling with the KDrill you need to lift the auger up every couple inches or so... this cleans out the chips for the most part.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Feb 21, 2019, 03:43 PM »
I have not had a problem ..but keep my drill in the forward position with the Clam Plate.. with the ice thickness we get there is no need to use reverse to remove ice chips to clean out the hole ..don't forget while using/drilling with the KDrill you need to lift the auger up every couple inches or so... this cleans out the chips for the most part.

I don't start clearing chips until 15 inches and haven't noticed a problem, it is unnecessary imo.  So you lift your drill 4 times in 8-10 inches of ice?

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #43 on: Feb 21, 2019, 06:19 PM »
I don't start clearing chips until 15 inches and haven't noticed a problem, it is unnecessary imo.  So you lift your drill 4 times in 8-10 inches of ice?

Depends on the type of ice and snow...in slush ice it can bind/strain some ..on black hard ice not so much..if there are layers..that too can cause issues.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Feb 21, 2019, 06:33 PM »
I got the 2804-22 kit early this season and its great. I dont bother with the extra handle, I just keep the drill/battery against my left side (or leg if the ice is thicker). Havent had any issues

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #45 on: Feb 22, 2019, 06:11 AM »
Good Video on the Operation K drill w Hand drill

Offline catskills

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 22, 2019, 07:15 AM »
Used the Milwaukee M18 2804-22 and the kdrill yesterday for the first time and couldn't be happier with this purchase.  Drilled thru 8-10" ice nice and smooth.  Barely had to use the ice scooper to clear the holes.  Thanks guys for sharing these vids, definitely saved me from making some rookie mistakes. 

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #47 on: Feb 22, 2019, 08:33 AM »
Used the Milwaukee M18 2804-22 and the kdrill yesterday for the first time and couldn't be happier with this purchase.  Drilled thru 8-10" ice nice and smooth.  Barely had to use the ice scooper to clear the holes.  Thanks guys for sharing these vids, definitely saved me from making some rookie mistakes.

PM me if your considering the Clam Plate option...can show you my set up and let you know exactly what is needed. Good luck with your purchase/set up

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Feb 22, 2019, 10:54 AM »

Depends on the type of ice and snow...in slush ice it can bind/strain some ..on black hard ice not so much..if there are layers..that too can cause issues.

Well in 3 years I haven't found a condition in the northeast I needed to clear ice every couple inches, or even every 5 inches.  Generally if the ice is over 15-18 inches I'll clear it once.

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Feb 22, 2019, 10:59 AM »
Keep the clutch on 24, set the drill to drill mode and on low speed (#1).

This is also my 4th year and it ceases to amaze me. I carry (2) 5 amp batteries and I've yet to drain one. A few weeks ago, we cut 20 plus 8" holes through 18" of ice and i still had 3 bars left on the battery gauge.
Once we drill the holes, we also put the drill in reverse (on a Clam Plate) and clear out the ice shavings, you don't need an ice scoop!

In the drill mode the clutch setting doesn't matter.

Offline catskills

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 22, 2019, 01:06 PM »
Well in 3 years I haven't found a condition in the northeast I needed to clear ice every couple inches, or even every 5 inches.  Generally if the ice is over 15-18 inches I'll clear it once.

I was wondering what that was about when I was drilling my first holes yesterday.  Worked flawlessly thru 10 or so inches. Can't speak for more than that though

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Feb 22, 2019, 10:08 PM »
I was wondering what that was about when I was drilling my first holes yesterday.  Worked flawlessly thru 10 or so inches. Can't speak for more than that though
I use a 7” lazer with a 725in/lb M18 drill, and I clear every 8” or so when it’s dry. But if slush is involved then I clear more often.

Offline jedhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 23, 2019, 08:56 PM »
Got the new 2704 with the ice kicker 2 on the ice today, dream come true! Drilled holes all day for 3 guys and think I lost 1 bar on the battery. 6 inches of ice probably 50 holes.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Feb 23, 2019, 09:32 PM »
I love the Clam Plate. Picked one up this year. It works great.
2X 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.