Author Topic: Power Auger Oil.....  (Read 3392 times)

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Power Auger Oil.....
« Reply #30 on: Dec 13, 2014, 12:24 PM »

So, double the amount of it, based on what the auger calls for.   

If the auger manufacturer calls for 40:1,  mix injector oil at 20:1  .      ;)2

It's half strength, use twice as much.    ;)

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 14, 2014, 02:15 PM »
I believe you are right about oil strength. On label in smaller print is INJECTOR LUBRICANT!!!! Case closed. Now I will have to make 2 separate batches of mixed gas in case I use that oil. With the Amsoil you can use 1 small bottle to 1 gallon of gas. Since I already bought Amsoil before I found the Spectro Oil I will be using that first. Again THANKS for all your help..........
      Kim :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :icefish: :icefish:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #32 on: Dec 14, 2014, 02:40 PM »
Whoa !   One small bottle ?

The smallest bottle of Amsoil is for 2 gallons of gas and contains  3.5 ounces 

There is a "Pillow Pack" with enough for one gallon. 

So, my question now is, How many ounces of oil did that small bottle contain ?    (Please, Sir.)     ;)2

SABER® Ratio™   80:1      1.6 OZ   1 U.S. gallon

SABER® Ratio™   100:1   1.3 OZ   1 U.S. gallon

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Dec 14, 2014, 02:50 PM »
3.5 oz. Read up on it here last year and used it for 1 gal gas. Higher mix ratio but being a much better oil than regular you can mix at that ratio. NO PROBLEMS AND auger ran great!!!!!!!!
      Kim
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #34 on: Dec 14, 2014, 03:06 PM »
Well, that's more than double strength.

It'll run and may smoke and foul the spark plug.

That's easy to remedy with a plug change.

And, there is another product to get an accumulation of, um, can we call it gunk, ha, out of the engine.  It's called Power Foam and it sorta like a tune-up in a spray can.

Good luck.     Just know, you're running approximately   37:1 .      :o

Offline augerbit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 14, 2014, 08:18 PM »
what a bummer, Ive used the wrong oil or mix all these years ???

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #36 on: Dec 14, 2014, 08:45 PM »
what a bummer, Ive used the wrong oil or mix all these years ???

Welcome to Iceshanty.   Enjoy and contribute. 

Good you didn't fill in your location and make your neighbors look like the source of similar highly educated comments, sir.       ;)2

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 15, 2014, 04:28 AM »
Are you sure on the back it doesn't say "for pre-mix or oil injection use"? On their website it says syn-sno can be pre mixed, however, there is a similar oil just call sno that is injector only. I'm not sure why Amsoil guys are so scared of oil, but 37:1 will never give you problems. If your oil can be pre-mixed, you can use it at the ratios I stated earlier. If it is injection only, I would shy away from it.
-Tom

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #38 on: Dec 15, 2014, 12:19 PM »
I'm not sure why Amsoil guys are so scared of oil.
I actually approach oil with the bravery of a Peaceful Warrior.       :flex:

Using more than is needed for adequate lubrication is creating a future problem of removal and possible damage doing so.    ;)2

Always follow your heart by going with what you THINK is best, and if you're beset with enough failures. try something else until, at some point of experimentation, the only thing remaining is the best.  Go with the best first, to do otherwise is not logical.  The cheapest may cost more in the long run.     ::)

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: Dec 15, 2014, 03:53 PM »
"It always amazes me. That one will by a Strike Master or Jiffy auger and not use the oil Jiffy or Strike Master have for their own products. Ether way after pouring your oil into your gas. "

I guess I didn't know that Strike Master or Jiffy had their own oil refineries?   ;D

"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #40 on: Dec 15, 2014, 04:22 PM »
"It always amazes me. That one will by a Strike Master or Jiffy auger and not use the oil Jiffy or Strike Master have for their own products. Ether way after pouring your oil into your gas. "

I guess I didn't know that Strike Master or Jiffy had their own oil refineries?   ;D

Exactly !   Well said.  lol

There is one difference with Amsoil ~ A laboratory staffed with chemist, metallurgist and engineers.    Could that be several reasons it's so successful ?  They have many Firsts and strive to be best.   

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 15, 2014, 04:23 PM »
I bought 1 gallon of ultra 93 at a Sunoco station yesterday. 1 small bottle of Amsoil and the proper amount of STARLITE treatment. Both augers started up easy and ran great. Very, very  little smoke. Had to look at it running to the side to notice. Now to find some good ice to officially test them.
      Kim :tipup: :tipup:

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 15, 2014, 04:36 PM »
I bought 1 gallon of ultra 93 at a Sunoco station yesterday. 1 small bottle of Amsoil and the proper amount of STARLITE treatment. Both augers started up easy and ran great. Very, very  little smoke. Had to look at it running to the side to notice. Now to find some good ice to officially test them.
      Kim :tipup: :tipup:

If I'm not mistaken, that gas has ethanol in it. 91 no-ox, skip the starlite if you use Amsoil, and it will run just as good, and last longer.

In response to Idahogator, Amsoil seems to have a great lab, and turns out great products. Where they lack is the marketing department.
-Tom

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #43 on: Dec 15, 2014, 05:20 PM »
This will be the last ever post concerning this, at least from me. Higher octane does NOT mean the gas is NON-ethanol. Non-ethanol DOES have a higher OCTANE RATING, because it does NOT contain Ethyl-alcohol. But, you can also get Ethanol with a higer octane, like the Sunoco 93 or 94 octane. OCTANE is a rating AND a chemical additive. And yes, The Sunoco does contain Ethanol. From their site:

As stipulated by most automobile manufacturers, Sunoco fuels contain no more than 10% ethanol.

Only way to make sure is to check that the gas says "non-oxygenated" or contains no Ethyl-alcohol.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #44 on: Dec 15, 2014, 05:33 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, that gas has ethanol in it. 91 no-ox, skip the starlite if you use Amsoil, and it will run just as good, and last longer.

In response to Idahogator, Amsoil seems to have a great lab, and turns out great products. Where they lack is the marketing department.

Well said and true, sir .    The marketing department is the dealers.    Oh, you, anyone can go right to Amsoil and be a "Prefered  Customer" .   If you can identify a dealer ( which isn't easy because of a mysterious number), there'll be a small % for that one.   Fair warning, you will be paying more, so, find a local dealer.  There is a "locator" button on the web site.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #45 on: Dec 15, 2014, 05:34 PM »
This will be the last ever post concerning this, at least from me. Higher octane does NOT mean the gas is NON-ethanol. Non-ethanol DOES have a higher OCTANE RATING, because it does NOT contain Ethyl-alcohol. But, you can also get Ethanol with a higer octane, like the Sunoco 93 or 94 octane. OCTANE is a rating AND a chemical additive. And yes, The Sunoco does contain Ethanol. From their site:

As stipulated by most automobile manufacturers, Sunoco fuels contain no more than 10% ethanol.

Only way to make sure is to check that the gas says "non-oxygenated" or contains no Ethyl-alcohol.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Ches.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 17, 2014, 12:13 PM »
I see all this high octane talk on here.  Do you guys think high octane makes the gas more powerful or something?  Octane only helps control ping so you can run a higher advancement on an engine.  Higher advancement can give you more power or fuller burn.  In truth, 87 will give you the same if not more power.  However, that 91 rated gas may have more additives than the 87 does.  Note: additives clean engine, do not necessarily make it more powerful.  Just my thoughts here boys, and by the way, I drive 30 miles to get non-Alc. gas which I pay $0.30 more a gallon for, and its only 87 octane.  All my 2 strokes get it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.