Author Topic: Ice up has started!!  (Read 3375 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Ice up has started!!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 13, 2009, 09:45 PM »
Guess its all part of the plan...i think i just lost my job today....sooo.....shor ter ice season =l ess money spent, and i'll be too busy doing everything i cAN TO PAY THE BILLS TO FISH THIS SEASON ANYWAY NOW....!!! >:(

OUCH!!!! That sucks.   :'(

Offline johnnyb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish on fish on fish on!
« Reply #31 on: Nov 14, 2009, 01:35 PM »
I dunno, vicious...it may could happen sooner than you think...one of the guys in North Bay (on another board) is predicting he'll be popping holes in 3 weeks...  ;)
The harder the better!

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
« Reply #32 on: Nov 16, 2009, 10:02 AM »
I dunno, vicious...it may could happen sooner than you think...one of the guys in North Bay (on another board) is predicting he'll be popping holes in 3 weeks...  ;)

Yeah JB...i think 2 weeks max before i'm drilling holes. The water is absolutely freezing cold, it only takes the temps to dip just below zero and the lake out the front gets a skim, like last night for instance...it was only minus 2 but a nice big lump floating by the window this morning.......

ICE IN THE BAY AGAIN THIS MORNING

Yesterday I went Musky fishing on Eagle Lake which is a 15 minute drive up the road, there was ice at the boat launch too....and as we trolled around there were lots of pockets of ice in the sheltered bays

ICE ON EAGLE LAKE

So not long now at all....its just the temps are still above freezing during the day for at least another week.

Musky fishing went ok...I lost one, Lew lost one, Lew landed a nice 35" and we ended the 5 hour trip catching a few walleye for the table.

LEW'S MUSKIE

A FEW WALLEYE FOR THE TABLE TOO

"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline johnnyb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish on fish on fish on!
« Reply #33 on: Nov 16, 2009, 01:45 PM »
*siggghhh* Must be nice to wrap each day up with "a few walleye for the table"  ;D ;D  Seein' that lump of ice puts a lump in my throat....bring it OWN!!!!!!
The harder the better!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.