Author Topic: Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 Set Up  (Read 3138 times)

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 Set Up
« on: Feb 20, 2020, 06:36 PM »
I pull my boat fish finder out of the boat every fall before putting it in storage so I decided to rig it up for ice fishing this year. I bought another power cord and the ice transducer for it along with the Vexilar float as Lowrance doesn’t sell the float with the ice transducer (stupid) then got a 18 ah lithium and a ammo box to store it all. I bought an additional ram mount to hold the fish finder.

Haven’t tried it yet but I’m hoping I get a day on the battery.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 Set Up
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2020, 05:59 AM »
You are on a slippery slope now, first you will notice how nice the larger screen is when ice fishing, then you will start fantasizing about how (maybe) you need to trade it in for a Garmin, then your world of options would really open up.  There is no end to it.  Gotta love the world of electronics.   ;)

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2020, 06:16 AM »
You are on a slippery slope now, first you will notice how nice the larger screen is when ice fishing, then you will start fantasizing about how (maybe) you need to trade it in for a Garmin, then your world of options would really open up.  There is no end to it.  Gotta love the world of electronics.   ;)
Too funny! My little wife has threatened to brake my fingers if she catches me pricing the Helix ten units again!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline APAShooter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2021, 09:07 AM »
Just wondering what transducer you got for this? I'm setting something up similar but with a HDS 7, is it the 83/200 with the blue connector?
Thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.