The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Questions from Nebraska  (Read 529 times)

Offline Gold fish

• IceShanty Rookie
Questions from Nebraska
« on: Dec 07, 2011, 09:49 PM »
Took a fishing trip to your great state of MN, last year had a blast would love to live there some day. I read an article in Midwest outdoor talking about walleye fishing and Albert Lea was in the top lakes for walleye. Now I know the locals don't like to give up the secrets.  But please help. Has any one fished there with any luck, is it even worth my 6 hour drive. I would hate to waste time when there are so many other great lakes to fish up there.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Questions from Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2011, 10:01 PM »
Not in Albert Lea Lake! Lived over there!!! WHOLE lots of better lakes!!! Ya might catch a mudpuppy or bullhead, though....where would you like to go? Lake Pepin in lake City is the best area in SE Minnesota for Walleye....used to walleye tournament fish there. Year round producer of big 'eyes.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Gold fish

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Questions from Nebraska
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2011, 10:28 PM »
Thanks for the input it's going to be a blast this year I hope. I send the wife and kids to the mall of America. Best way to gustify my trips.    Nebraska is just so hit and miss on even having good ice last two years were good but two years before were only two to three week seasons. Not good for me. Thanks again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.