Author Topic: Weyakwin Lake  (Read 1127 times)

Offline sandman66

• Team IceShanty Regular
Weyakwin Lake
« on: Jan 08, 2020, 01:40 PM »
Anyone here ice fish Weyakwin? Is it worth the drive from PA? Would be nice to avoid the madness of Bittern or Montreal.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Weyakwin Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2020, 05:42 PM »
 it sure is peaceful up there and so was the fishing a couple weeks ago.  drove around half the lake, fished 4 spots and got 1 perch.  few other guys said it had been slow that day but i also read somewhere a guy did alright just across from the launch so who knows.  few inches of snow here today but not near enough to keep the cavalcades from driving on bittern or mont.

good luck, let me know how it goes if you make it up to weyakwin.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2020, 08:13 AM »
you will definitely avoid the madness up there  Ive had mixed reports.  Tried it once with not a ton of action- maybe was the weather changing not sure.  But very pretty area and will try again for sure  good luck

Offline jpicks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2020, 12:55 PM »
I've spent a fair bit of time on the ice up at Weyakwin.  Just like any lake it can have it's on and off days.   There's a ton of different types of structure up there if you read the navionics map.  Shawno and I were up there last winter and were getting skunked on all the places that typically hold fish,  yet had our best fishing just off a beach in 3-4 ft of water of all places.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.