Author Topic: deschambault lake  (Read 7208 times)

Offline surfer

• IceShanty Rookie
deschambault lake
« on: Feb 24, 2006, 12:23 AM »
     Has anyone heard how the fishing is at deschambault this year or any of the ohther lakes near by.Did they plow it this year? Im dying to get up there.

Offline TaigaTamer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Keepin it real just south of 60
Re: deschambault lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2006, 01:53 AM »
Haven't heard about the fishing @ deschambault, but I know the ice is not so great here in the North this year. Dept. of highways just finished the ice road on Wollaston last week....lots of slush.

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2006, 09:54 PM »
I wonder how Jan Lake is doing.
fishing - It's a religion, not a sport.

Offline surfer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2006, 09:21 PM »
There was lots of slush last year on mirond and little texas.I called today and the ice is good but all the cabins are booked.

Offline whitetip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2006, 07:43 AM »
Hey guys and gals how is everyone today.  While i have some bad news.  My cousin was up at deschanbault this past weekend and it is not good at all.  There was a guy from White Fox who fell through the ice as he was drilling a hole.  Likely his buddy pulled him out in time.  The water was only 8ft deep so he could swim back up.  There is about 2ft of snow with 1ft of water under that.  I guess they are not letting anyone on too the lake at all.

Offline surfer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2006, 09:17 AM »
Are you sure the owner at bloomfields told me there was 2 feet of ice.

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2006, 03:15 AM »
I personaly have worked at Deschambault, and I don't think Id trust the bloomsfield owner as far as I could throw him, and he is no small boy.  Phone Mike Grundman at Deshambault Lake Resort for another take.
Withdraw to the Wilderness
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline gatortamer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2006, 04:08 PM »
well myself i would trust garry from bloomfields before anyone else up there
guided in sandy bay (n of pelican narrows) and had many dealings with both the resort and bloomfields
and feel that garry would give you the possibly the best report

just my opinion tho

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2006, 03:05 AM »
How long ago did you work up there?  Cause pipe smoker Don is gone, new family from town east of Melfort took over.  I personaly have had some conflicts with garry,especially when he was dumping Americans that were bear hunting at the resort dumps, which is not only illegal, but what a hunt!?  I don't know, just the guy himself is OK, but when it comes to camp works, neh.
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline TaigaTamer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Keepin it real just south of 60
« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2006, 03:13 AM »
Boys, boys....Whats with all the feudin' and a fightin'. Can't we yall just get along?

Offline whitetip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2006, 10:32 AM »
While guys i would not trust any of them up there at all.  The guy at bloomfields seems kind of shady to me.  We have friends who live up at Little bear and they go to Deschambault all the time and i will trust there word before any one else, sorry.  All i have to say is it is a long way to drive and fins out that you can not even get onto the lake.  And how do u know they may want u to come and spend money and not get on to the lake so they may say anything ot get u up there.  So do not take my word for it go up there and see if u can go on if u can awesome if not that was one hell of a road trip.  Good Luck

Offline surfer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 03, 2006, 01:32 PM »
 I have rented cabins at both lodges at deschambault,as well as jan lake lodge and the camp at mirond. I have never had any problems with any of the camps up there. Even if you drive all the way up there to fish deschambault and you cant get on,theres plenty of other lakes to fish.

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2006, 09:24 PM »
Well if they are smart, they wouldn;t ask you to come up if you couldn't go on the lake, what a way to go south with word of mouth.
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline kevinharrison

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2006, 10:44 AM »
I was up there two weekends ago. A good 2.5' of ice. Fishing has been excellent at Oskeekeebuk. Ballantyne not bad. We stuck by Paskwaka and had alright luck catching 23. Can't drive vehicles on the ice. One guy tried and ended up blowing his motor. Another guy got stuck at the first island out front of Bloomfields.

That should solve all the problems

Offline PowerBaitron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 22, 2006, 09:44 PM »
I am posted with RCMP at Sandy Bay, about 18 inches of ice in the bay on the river. Mirond is not safe yet at all but Little Texas is good to go. I would not trust going anywhere without tracks alot of slush everywhere. People are skiddoing on churchill but as anywhere you need to know where is safe and where isnt. Mirond is definitely a no go. I have heard people going on sleds on Deschambault but be careful. Rule of thumb is to be cautious and go with someone who knows the area. Lodge owners aren't going to lie to you because they would be liable if they did.

Offline b.selinger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Apr 11, 2023, 01:13 PM »
Hey PowerBaitron! I am curious where Little Texas lake is? Can you help me out? I have been trying to get some information for years on it but not a lot of people know much about it! Thanks and tight lines!

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Apr 11, 2023, 02:05 PM »
I'd be curious to find out as well but this post is 17 years old, chances are Ron has moved on from the shanty.  Anyone else know anything about that lake?

Offline Corona Cruiser

• IceShanty Rookie
Up coming Winter season Deschambault Lake
« Reply #17 on: Oct 22, 2023, 10:15 AM »
Hello All,

Its exciting to feel the temperatures dropping and with the delivery of sleds this week we are feeling the urge to start getting setup for another exciting season of Ice Fishing, Hopefully we can get some good Ice before the snow weight causes problems. Looking forward to hitting the lakes ASAP.
 Be safe and always check ice thickness.

Offline Corona Cruiser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Oct 22, 2023, 01:05 PM »
Back again, I will add updates to the lake condition as the temperature drops, I live close to lake and will have trusted info on the lake and ice conditions.

Always follow the Ice thickness guidelines, be safe and keep on fishing. ;D

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Oct 23, 2023, 10:22 AM »
Shouldn't be too far away.  Hope Gary's snowcat cooperates a bit better this winter..

Offline Corona Cruiser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Oct 29, 2023, 07:16 PM »
The winds have been blowing all week, no ice on big lake, Shark Tank has a little ice, we need some calm weather for week or so to start making ice, more updates to follow. If you require any info on lake just reply, thanks

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Oct 30, 2023, 12:13 PM »
 Thanks for the update c.c!  I'll be in touch a few times this year for updates on desch.

Might be able to bash a hole off the end of the dock on my home lake by the weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.