Author Topic: Big Long Lagrange  (Read 1088 times)

Offline $quirrel

• IceShanty Rookie
Big Long Lagrange
« on: Feb 03, 2014, 09:47 AM »
Just want to say hello and thanks for letting me join your site! Ive followed this site for several years but have just joined this year. I really enjoy reading all of the posts and the great fishing community that the site brings together.

I fished Big long lake in Lagrange in the middle of January and didnt make it back until this saturday. The first time the bite was slow but finally caught a bass, 2 gills, and one nice perch (11in I think, my biggest ever) Saturday we fished 6 hours in the rain and only caught one gill. Had fun but it was a long wet sit for one fish. Anyone else fish this lake much in the winter? Ive caught some huge red ear in the summer but I think Im going to have to put some more time in before I get any good numbers through the ice.

I was going to post a pick but I may not have those privileges yet. What do I have to do to be able to post picks?

Looking forward to a future on IceShanty.com
Thanks guys.

Offline fwcanoefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Big Long Lagrange
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2014, 10:53 AM »
I don't think there are any requirements to post pictures.  Just have a membership on Photobucket or a similar website and copy/paste the IMG code onto your post and the picture will show up.

The only thing that I can think of a requirement for is PMs.  You need to have 5 posts before doing so.

Offline $quirrel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2014, 11:18 AM »
fwcanoefisher thanks for the info.

Offline $quirrel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2014, 11:51 AM »

Offline CWlake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2014, 11:57 AM »
Welcome to the board. Years ago we would fish straight out from the ramp. Usually there will be others there if the bite is on. You might do better just north of there on Pretty lake. Fair population of walleye and a good spot for gils on the north end.

Offline TJ427

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2014, 12:05 PM »
Nice bunch. Always like to see those big perch.

Offline brink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2014, 03:22 PM »
Big Long has been hit and miss for me personally this year.  I know other guys who have done well however.
That's some tasty iced tea.

Offline Jerms32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:03 PM »
I haven't ice fished it for atleast 10 yrs. Use to catch some real nice gills out from the old boat ramp on the west end
The only way to know for sure,is to see it yourself

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.