Author Topic: Tip up rigs!  (Read 4327 times)

Michael_Weaver

Tip up rigs!
« on: Nov 24, 2002, 03:10 AM »
  When I am fishing for perch and walleye, I typically put my sinker a couple feet up and my hook on bottom.  Would a sinker on bottom with a 3 way swivel a couple feet up work better?   I would run a 2-3 foot monofiliament liter off the swivel with a hook?that way, i know  i would be near bottom.  Let me know what you think and what you do?

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
Re: Tip up rigs!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2002, 01:33 PM »
I wrote what I do on another post..I'm lazy, so I'll just give you the link. LOL

http://www.iceshanty.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1037238678

You may have to copy and paste this.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tip up rigs!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2002, 06:35 AM »
Michael,

You are basically talking about a version of the drop shot rig that bass anglers use. If you lengthen the line that your bait hook is tied to you have one of the basic trolling rigs used on Mille Lacs or Erie for walleyes. I do not see why it wouldn't work when they are a little ways off bottom. The only draw back would be you might not be able to get as close to the bottom as you sometimes need to be.

By all means experiment. That is how most of our gear and techniques are invented.

Good Luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.