Author Topic: Any Ice Yet?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline jlc_hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spam America's New fad diet
Any Ice Yet?
« on: Nov 25, 2005, 09:31 PM »
I know you guys up north have got to be getting close...it was 15 when I left for Ohio River...Caught some nice sauger...guys next to me limited out for sure and I think they took a few extra for the road...the waiting for the ice is killing me...Bass Pro in Louisville has no ice stuff so don't bother going there...it's a behemoth of a store though...What's going on up north ready to fill the tank and start driving!
I use the 80/20 rule you need 80% of the tackle to catch 20% of the fish

Offline Rotney72

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Any Ice Yet?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2005, 09:44 PM »
I spotted ice covering 2 large ponds entirely today...Lake County ..Rodney

Offline jlc_hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2005, 10:09 PM »
sounds like we have to keep it cold!!! Sad to hear about the father and daughter today in Wis. my wife and mother in law wanted to remind me about the dangers of ice fishing...I told them they were out on three inches of ice and up there with a little patience they may have had 5-6 inches in a couple of weeks definitely a sad happening

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2005, 06:52 AM »
Three(3) inches of ice is plenty to hold ANY INDIVIDUAL,as long as there isn't any springs in the lake or pond,the father and daughter we're on spring fed water,which is a no no on early ice,it was a very sad situation,you never wanna hear bad news like that,hey Asphalt Kid,that pond we fished 2 years ago north of Hagerstown,back in the back cove has a good 2" of hard ice,with some 10" gills dying to eat some flies,this warm weather these next 2 days will sure soften it up,if this warm front wasnt coming thru,Ide be fishing tommorrow for sure,looks like were gonna have to wait awhile,I winterized the big boat,but still got the 16'er ready to go,if it turns warm again Im hookin er up (lol)be patient and be SAFE GANG,

JIMMY LANG

Offline jlc_hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2005, 07:12 AM »
It looks like forget the ice for right now I might go back and try to catch more sauger....We need a longer cold spell than two days!!!!

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2005, 05:28 PM »
It's hard to believe 3" didn't hold them, unless it was spring fed like Jimmy said. I
drove home(Fort Wayne) from Logansport today and saw just a light skim of ice.
Hey Jimmy I talked to one the the Patacsil brothers in Logansport and he told me he is helping his brother coach at Logan. I guess both of his nephews are at Purdue now.
Later Greg
Fish on!

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2005, 05:51 PM »
Yea Greg,Jake got 2nd at the Body Bar Invitational

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2005, 05:53 PM »
Just got back from Ormas(north of columbia city).  All of the small ponds up there are completely froze over.  Also went by Big and Crooked lakes...no ice to be found :'(

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2005, 12:37 AM »
It's hard to believe 3" didn't hold them, unless it was spring fed like Jimmy said.

Three inches is plenty if you are walking on the ice.  Those people were ice skating, so they weren't exactly moving cautiously and slowly, and for me when I have ice skated I always seemed to fall a few times, and the impact when falling isn't exactly a small impact.  One good fall could really loosen the ice up.
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2005, 10:09 AM »
Bruce, it's just a bad situation.
Greg
Fish on!

Offline fire831

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2005, 10:14 AM »
Hey Rico, I was up by the honey hole deer hunting yesterday and she had ice on about 3/4. Darn geese and ducks keeping the rest open. I think all the geese and ducks in Kosciusko Co. are at the hole. ;D Most all other ponds and lakes in the area are ice covered.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.