Author Topic: Walleye  (Read 2940 times)

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
Re: Walleye
« Reply #30 on: Jan 30, 2012, 06:48 PM »
rep i'm a roush rat in the summer.
water is at 9.5 in the paddle fish pic

and the subject

i would rather fish a ditch in a field than a lake.....rivers rule!!
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline Shawgill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 31, 2012, 07:55 AM »
Setting in the ''library'' one day reading an In-Fisherman article on snagging Paddlefish. It stated that they could not be caught with conventional tackle. They were fishing I believe the Missouri in Montana. That article was I'm guessing 5 yrs. ago. Anyway me and a buddy went on a walter trip to Miss. and I proceded to catch not one but three Paddlefish on a purple and silver thunder stick, which the fish absolutly nailed. The only other time I've caught one I was using a 1/4 oz. rattle trap and the lure went through it's gill plate as it was shoveling thru some plankton??? Blah Blah Blah   Man I wish I had some ice.  I do have a pic w/ fish and lure somewhere

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:21 AM »
If I were a guessing man I would say A- Bomb fishes roush more than the other two , Jigmup fishes Salamonie and that leaves Mississinewa for me. Am I close ?
Ha....You would have been very astute in your assumption some 10 years ago and before Shaw. I beat that thing up like nobody's business. Many large fish have come from there but that was back in the day of film so my archives are just for reminiscing. ;) I use to make that trek (1 hr and 15 min) 4 times a week after work. Now, I havent' slowed down too much but I hit some flowages that are closer to me and really produce. But cutting my teeth on the mighty Salamonie, LMAO, was fun and I still get down there a few times a year.

Man, I gotta quit being lazy and use my scanner.....My future grandkids are gonna think I'm lame when I whip out the shoebox full of prints!

Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:47 AM »
I have seen a few ;)
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.