Author Topic: Dad on ice tomorrow!  (Read 1782 times)

hali-man

Dad on ice tomorrow!
« on: Dec 28, 2004, 01:45 PM »
I have finally convinced my father to try it.
It probably helped getting him some ice gear for x-mas.  ;D
I can't wait.

Oh yeah- My IS beanie came today. Pretty cool...

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Dad on ice tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2004, 02:03 PM »
thats geat hali !!my dad comes out every so often and only stays a little while but its great when hes there. when im out there with my Dad and my son i couldnt be any happier

hali-man

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2004, 04:12 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure it will be fun.
We bass fish together during open water 6-8 times a year,
but I've never been able to get him out on the hard stuff.

I'm just hoping he catches a few...  8)

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2004, 04:59 PM »
He'll catch a 7 pound pig, then he'll be hooked, that's for sure.... ;D

Offline firsticerules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get out be happy!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2004, 05:41 PM »
i always go fishing with my dad and its always a great time. we went out today with no luck 3 fish in 4 hours :pinch:

FORGET MILK.......GOT ICE?

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2004, 06:55 PM »
It won't be long for me until My Dad gets sick of me dragging his butt out to do things and my Mom for hating me doing it  ;D ;D  ::) Can't wait!!  Hope you guy's have a blast and Ice some fish.

Tight Lines,
Steve
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2004, 10:50 PM »
good luck and have fun never get a chance to fish with my da hes always busy but we have had a chance to hunt together and its great never forget the smile on his face when i got my first deer it was also our first deer hunt together

Offline elkman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2004, 06:12 AM »
Good luck hali-man and enjoy that time together.My dad does'nt hunt or fish so and i now live 2000 miles away so we never get enough time together.When i was young he would take me fishing but he would paddle the canoe or sit under a tree and study for a law exam.It was always a great thing to have him cheer when i would get a fish.My children always go fishing with me and it brings us together so much more than anything else.Enjoy your time and tight lines.
                                                                        Elkman

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2004, 07:45 AM »
My father in law is going to go with me next year.  He just bought a 3 man Eskimo so me him and my boys can go out.  He gave me all his gear a couple years ago because he said he was quitting.  Might be way too much together time but we'll see.  I like going out sometimes to fish entirely by myself.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline IceReaver

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Psalm 27
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2004, 09:24 AM »
My dad's been taking me ice fishing since as early as I can remember (probably about 4 yrs old).  Hunting and fishing were the only common ground we shared for a while during those teen/college years.  Things are back to normal now except I'm the one encouraging/dragging him on the ice. 

I've re-introduced my father-in-law to ice fishing and he's having a blast...bought him some equipment this year so he has his own when we go out.  That's the great thing about ice fishing, you can be together and still have your space (unless you fish in a shanty). 

I have an 11 month old son...I can't wait to get him out ice fishing (where's the SAFE ice)!!  I hope some day when I'm old a gray that he's dragging me out onto the ice to fish.  ;D

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2004, 05:01 PM »
In my father's words... "The only ice I'll fish for is in the bottom of a glass".  I guess that's why I live in Alaska and he lives in Wisconsin.  That's OK, my kids like to fish with me!

Icy Mike

Offline smeltshack

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You tell em im coming and my vex is coming with me
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2004, 05:53 PM »
Got my dad out fishing with me a couple times last year after a 20 year break. The day that the flags were popping left and right i swear he was hooked for good. however i asked him to come on opening daybecause the weather will be 45 degrees and comfortable. He is scared to go out on the ice because he thinks its too thin. I keep telling him there's 5" but he's still nervous. (we will see)
Anyway you guys who's dad's fish with you are very lucky so enjoy every minute of it.
PS. MY BROTHRR IS NOW OFFICIALLY HOOKED!!!!!!!!!   Couldnt get the guy off the couch when we were growing up. He's even talking about getting his hunting license next fall.

hali-man

« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2004, 06:01 PM »
Had dad out for a couple hours this morning on Silver.
I could tell he was nervous, but we did have fun!
Didn't catch any fish, but he did get to witness me chasing a flag and thought it was hilarious. He'll be out again...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.