Author Topic: Brinkmann or Coleman lanternWhat kind of  (Read 1959 times)

Offline beeronice

• IceShanty Rookie
Brinkmann or Coleman lanternWhat kind of
« on: Dec 28, 2004, 09:35 AM »
What kind of push button ignition (propane) does everyone suggest? I'd probably be using it in my one man flip over shanty. thanks

iceman480

Re: Brinkmann or Coleman lanternWhat kind of
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2004, 11:28 AM »
I personally prefer the coleman lantern it hasnt failed me yet plenty of light and heat and coleman backs their products

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2004, 12:24 PM »
Ditto on Coleman:  Great product and great service! ;)
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline Gator-Bait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Hear they Taste like Chicken
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2004, 12:52 PM »
COLEMAN'S EVEN IF THEY COST 5 DOLLARS MORE ONE TANK CAN LAST MOST ALL NIGHT 8) 8) 8)
Pull my Finger not my Leg

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2004, 07:19 AM »
I use a Coleman dual fuel lantern in my 1 man and it heats it well.  One nice thing about Colemans is I can go a lot of places to get spare parts if I need them.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline beeronice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2004, 08:26 AM »
coleman it is. thanks guys

Offline Jimmy The Jigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2004, 08:27 AM »
You cant go wrong with colman,I had a colman stove for 10 years,and finally had to replace it last year,well I bought a different brand (i forget the name)and the freekin thing wouldnt light if there was even the slitest bit of wind.so i brought it back and picked up another colman.I also have a colman lantern(gas)that is great. :tipup:

Offline IceReaver

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Psalm 27
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2004, 09:13 AM »
I have only every owned a Coleman lantern, though it is a liquid fuel lantern.  Between hunting, fishing, and camping it's been reliable through any number of climates and conditions.  It lights up on the first or second try everytime when using a lighter...matches are more difficult time for obvious reasons.  In fact, this lantern has been so reliable I have only had to change the mantle once (in about 7 yrs) and I've really beat the lantern hard at times.

My father owns a Coleman lantern which uses propane.  It works great as well, though we have broken the pane of glass numerous times until he purchased the hard plastic protectors.  He uses the lantern in his portable (one man) shanty and it's quite balmy...just be careful not to bump the material of the shanty against the lantern if it's plastic, again for obvious reasons. 

I've never used any brand other then Coleman, but that's because I believe you pay a little more for quality and it lasts much longer.

Offline wkules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lookin' for EYES!!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2004, 09:29 PM »
You can never go wrong with Coleman! I've owned 'em all my life, lanterns, stoves and heaters. They are all very reliable.
Bobbers Down and Flags Up !!!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2004, 07:02 AM »
I have a coleman 2 mantle lantern that I found in the woods one year. I do not know exactly how old it is but it is old. Again, It was outside in the woods. I put two new mantles on it and fueled it up. Pumped it up and lit it!

It works great in my 8x8 hardside. I also have a coleman 2 burner propane stove that has not failed yet either!

GO COLEMAN!

Offline jdm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2004, 11:42 AM »
I use the coleman Northstar single mantel. It throws a ton of light. It keeps my voyager shanty more than warm enough also.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.