The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: icing fort peck pike  (Read 3556 times)

Offline 10 pointer

• IceShanty Rookie
icing fort peck pike
« on: Mar 14, 2009, 09:17 AM »
Does anyone know when the best time frame would be to ice fish for trophy pike on fort peck res.?, also what areas to target? .trying to plan a trip for next winter.

Offline 10 pointer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: icing fort peck pike
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2009, 08:03 PM »
thanks G-dog, I know it's different every year, but how late in March can you expect to fish there on a typical winter?

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:55 AM »
Where can a guy get a lake map of Fort Peck?

Offline Icejigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2009, 11:32 AM »
I bought mine at Scheels in Billings. Two maps, they do not show contors, depths, etc. Only shore line, roads, bays.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2009, 02:36 PM »
I take it no contour and depth maps exist... man, I didn't know how good I had it back in my old stomping grounds, Lakemaster has everything covered there and both dakotas.

Offline spearfishen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2009, 04:28 PM »
try blends copy shop in great falls 4543466   i bought maps of tiber & pishkun 

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2009, 10:02 PM »
TP, try Joe at the Hell Creek Bar in Jordan.  He can steer you in the right direction. 

Also, there are plenty of icefishing guides in that area.  Do a search.  Check out Walleyes Forever's site.

Good luck!

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2009, 01:28 PM »
Wow, guides are pricey on Fort Peck, not sure I want to spend that when I am going to on a guided trip to Devils Lake the week prior I plan to hit Fort Peck...And  I haven't found my maps yet, I've been deployed since April so I haven't really been trying.. But I have been doing lots of internet research and still not finding much, Dry Arm is huge but I've heard it can be good as well as Hells Creek.  I want to get out there this March when I return home, will have a new quad and a lot of other new toys I am going to be ready to play with, hopefully can hit it hard for 4 or 5 days, I hope I can find them before that time runs out.

Anyone have the name of the forked bay downstream from Hells Creek? It looks to be about a 15 mile ride from Hells Creek and appears to be a little shallower than most other bays from what little I can see on the maps online.

Offline D_FLACK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2009, 06:40 PM »
Theres no pike in peck find somewhere else

Offline Icejigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2009, 08:16 AM »
Guides, $450 a day plus room and board, out of reach for me. a lot of big game guides don't charge that much.

Offline RobG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2009, 09:17 AM »
Chriminy... A guide will pole you around a Florida flat for bonefish and tarpon for $450.

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #11 on: Dec 28, 2009, 06:50 PM »
Give Lakeridge Motel a call @ 888-554-8125.  They are on the North end of the dam, active in search and rescue ops so they know conditions, have bait and tackle, and will be able to point you in the right direction to get into some serious icefishing. 

For the Big Dry Arm, the Rock Creek area has plenty of access points.  Around the dam, Duck Creek Bay has access as well.

Tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.