The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: green bay guides  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Trump

• Team IceShanty Regular
green bay guides
« on: Nov 20, 2013, 12:31 PM »
hey all I'm from southeast IA but have spent a lot of time fishing on green bay in open water.  i was looking for some info for the hardwater tho didn't know if there were any recommendations on guides.  another guy in our fishing group found a guide that does walleye in the morning and evening and whites and perch through the day no gear needed just show up and it was like 125 or 150 for the day.. we would probably do a 3 day trip with a guide the first day and ourselves the following.  any ideas would be great.

thanks,
trump

Offline cyclones30

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: green bay guides
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2013, 01:45 PM »
I'm interested to hear the same. We fish fairly often but have family in that area and would like to take them out a time or two

Offline wptaxid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2013, 07:01 PM »
Stay away from Stroshein.  Guys a dick.  I'm sure you'd catch fish but have to listen to hm b***h about his nephew and every other guide up there stealing his business.

Offline Outdursman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2013, 08:59 AM »
Captain Lynn Niklash
Your Fishing Pal Guide Service

Lynn offers multi-species trips up on the bay year round.
Whitefishing fires up in January and continues threw the season while the walleyes don't get going till later in the season. Lynn provides top of the line equipment, shelters, etc. This is a traditional guide service trip. He will sit down and teach you how to catch fish, not put you on a spot, tell ya what to do and leave. Highly reccomended!!!!!. Also can accommodate large groups!!!! Any questions feel free to message me

Offline KK.icen25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2013, 11:24 AM »
Wacky Walleye Guide Service

Offline wptaxid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2013, 05:49 PM »
I've heard some good stuuf about Lynn Niklasch.  Wacky Walleye is Dale Stroschein and although I will admit he's a good fisherman, he's the least professional guide I've ever dealt with.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Bret Alexander runs a tight ship...........http://www.alexandersportfishing.com/

/m
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2013, 07:22 PM »
Captain Lynn Niklash
Your Fishing Pal Guide Service

Lynn offers multi-species trips up on the bay year round.
Whitefishing fires up in January and continues threw the season while the walleyes don't get going till later in the season. Lynn provides top of the line equipment, shelters, etc. This is a traditional guide service trip. He will sit down and teach you how to catch fish, not put you on a spot, tell ya what to do and leave. Highly reccomended!!!!!. Also can accommodate large groups!!!! Any questions feel free to message me

I ran into Lynn at a bait shop last year and we talked for a while. He was a real nice guy and seemed like he would work hard to get you on good fish and have a fun time while you were at it.

There are other good guides as well like said before Bret Alexander is a top guide in that area. Paul Delaney owns late eyes sport fishing and I've heard good things as well. I have never fished with these guys but the two of them I did meet seemed like you would have a fun and good trip with them.

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2013, 08:31 PM »
Alexander is going to be lost, his right hand man Lonney got fed up with him overbooking and quit and went on his own.

Offline Outdursman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2013, 11:12 PM »
Best advice I can give anybody for hiring a guide is to first figure out what kind of learning experience you want to get out of the trip and then call a guide and find out what they do. Don't be afraid to ask question's as in how they operate. Professional guides will give honest expectations and deliver. Word of mouth around sites like this can lead you to the best fishing of your life.

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2013, 07:55 AM »
I did an open water trip with Alexander and wasnt happy. Talked to him a few times prior to the actaul day and the whole time, the plan was that I would be fishing with him, morning of the trip he called and said something came up so he would have someone else take me out. I get to launch to meet the other guide and Alexander was doing a photo shoot with Frabil then they went out fishing.  Maybe I'm being picky, but if I'm paying to fish with a guide based on his name/reputation, then thats what  I expect.

On a different note, I am thinking about a trip up there this winter with the wife and was looking for a 1/2 day whitefish and walleye trip. I sent an email  a couple days ago to Stroschien and to Delaney. Got a response back answering all of my questions from Stroschien within a few hours, havent heard back from Delaney yet but I think he is fishing in MI right now.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2013, 03:29 PM »
Can't blame you for being disappointed bigstorm; I would be too. I had an ice trip based on his reputation and I was very happy, of course it was a mid week event, not a weekend.

Too bad to hear Lonnie's out of the picture, can't blame him either...........

/m
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2013, 08:06 PM »
Sometimes the big names are not always the best idea. :woot:

Offline Trump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2013, 09:42 PM »
all your info has been great guys i appreciate it.  anyone got anything to say about jj out of all the guides he seems to be the least arrogant and commercialized but that's just a gut... thanks again guys 

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 27, 2013, 10:26 PM »
 :thumbsup:
all your info has been great guys i appreciate it.  anyone got anything to say about jj out of all the guides he seems to be the least arrogant and commercialized but that's just a gut... thanks again guys

Offline fishnfool

• IceShanty Rookie
  • You don't have to be crazy but it helps
« Reply #15 on: Nov 30, 2013, 09:14 AM »
JJ is the one I would recommend out of the whole bunch. Good at what he does, safe, reliable service without all the drama.

Offline jigginrap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 30, 2013, 01:35 PM »
Me and a couple buddies went out with Wacky Walleye (Dale) a few years back. We did a morning/afternoon whitefish then evening walleye trip. He got us going on the whitefish, but only 1 walleye was caught. He had guys from Midwest Outdoors, In-fisherman, and Brian Brosdahl out there too. I watched the one guy catch the only walleye of the trip, wait for his camera crew to get their gear set up and throw the fish back down the hole and "Re-catch" the fish. He sure didn't spend much time with his "paying" customers and I will not be spending any more of my money with him. It was kinda ridiculous, don't overbook yourself!!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 30, 2013, 07:24 PM »
Me and a couple buddies went out with Wacky Walleye (Dale) a few years back. We did a morning/afternoon whitefish then evening walleye trip. He got us going on the whitefish, but only 1 walleye was caught. He had guys from Midwest Outdoors, In-fisherman, and Brian Brosdahl out there too. I watched the one guy catch the only walleye of the trip, wait for his camera crew to get their gear set up and throw the fish back down the hole and "Re-catch" the fish. He sure didn't spend much time with his "paying" customers and I will not be spending any more of my money with him. It was kinda ridiculous, don't overbook yourself!!
Funny you mention that. I heard last year he had a bunch of eyes tied under the ice to shoot a show the following day. One of the locals i know went out there at night and cut all the fish free. Frankly i wish he would have called the warden first maybe they would have yanked his license. Yep he's a pro.

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 01, 2013, 11:02 AM »
One of my regular fishing buddies has fished with Lynn Niklash several times and speaks highly of him.  We're planning a trip with him for next year.

I've been to Stroschein's resort and while I didn't have any problems I did find him pretty arrogant and not very friendly.  I felt that since I wasn't coming up with a TV crew to film him I wasn't high on his list of people to impress.  We ran into a few locals out on the ice who absolutely hated the the guy.  I wrote it off as simple jealousy at the time, but figure there is probably a reason they felt as strongly as they did.

For my money, I'd much rather I fish with decent guy I enjoy spending time with.  It's not just about catching fish but learning & having fun as well. 
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline wptaxid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 01, 2013, 01:02 PM »
I fished smallies with dale and he kept a bunch in a holding pen off of hos dock for a photoshoot with frabill.  He was way more worried about his photoshoot then sending me a paying customer oics of the fish I caught.  Never did get them either. 

Offline jigginrap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 01, 2013, 10:00 PM »
Lol! Yeah when we first got to the resort and were getting ready to go out he showed us 2 slob walleyes that were iced down in a cooler. I'm sure they were probably caught there, but who knows how long they were laying in the cooler full of ice!!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 01, 2013, 10:05 PM »
He is sponsored by couple of the sponsors of this site. I wonder if any of them are reading this and seeing he is not such a class act after all.

Offline Captainpaddlefoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 02, 2013, 05:56 AM »
Call JJ. Have fished with him a number of times and he has always done right. Really good with kids and showing you what to do.
He is a good guy.
See ya on the ice,
Captainpaddlefoot (Doug)

Offline stcroixx09

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 02, 2013, 06:28 AM »
anyone got contact info for jj. word of mouth will make or break you, and based on these reviews jj is the go to guy for me. catchin fish aint all there is to guiding or there be more guides, for me if guide is a ****  id rather take my chances by myself with a little info from the bait store. on the other hand id just rather go out with o good fisher person who enjoys what there doing. 
Lake O The Woods Baby

Offline Captainpaddlefoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 02, 2013, 10:05 AM »
JJ Malvitz (920) 493-2953
See ya on the ice,
Captainpaddlefoot (Doug)

Offline stcroixx09

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 02, 2013, 11:31 AM »
thanks captain
Lake O The Woods Baby

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Dec 02, 2013, 12:04 PM »
Here's his website

http://jjsguideservice.com/home.html

I just booked my frist trip with him for late Feb

Offline Trump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 02, 2013, 12:24 PM »
I emailed him last night and he responded in about 10 minutes traded a few emails after that and told him what the group was interresred in doing and he gave us a window on when we should plan a trip I'm gonna talk to the group tonight and hopefully book our trip this week.. I'm pretty pumped for just the thought of going thanks to all of you for the info

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.