The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Moving to Beaver Dam  (Read 1042 times)

Offline winterbot428

• IceShanty Rookie
Moving to Beaver Dam
« on: Feb 19, 2010, 07:30 AM »
Hey Guys,

My family and I are planning to move to Dodge County this summer so as to get back into icefishing in the winter?  We are both Nurses (wife and I) so we think we can find work.  Can somebody clue us in on stuff like schools, home prices, taxes, how much snow in the winter and just generally whether you like it there?  We want to be near the Horicon Marsh for hunting.  Thanks Guys and I hope to run  into some of the guys here out on the ice.  Tight Lines!!  ~Dan
Ya....the early bird gets the worm.....but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese....

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
Re: Moving to Beaver Dam
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2010, 09:11 PM »
Hey Guys,

My family and I are planning to move to Dodge County this summer so as to get back into icefishing in the winter?  We are both Nurses (wife and I) so we think we can find work.  Can somebody clue us in on stuff like schools, home prices, taxes, how much snow in the winter and just generally whether you like it there?  We want to be near the Horicon Marsh for hunting.  Thanks Guys and I hope to run  into some of the guys here out on the ice.  Tight Lines!!  ~Dan

Dan-
Message me and I can point you in some different directions as far as schools and what not.  I've lived in BD the last 13 years or so.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline TIBS

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tipup!!!!!
Re: Moving to Beaver Dam
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2010, 06:43 PM »
Hey Guys,

Nothing wrong with the area, other than the intense fishing pressure Fox Lake gets in the winter.  Home prices are ok, utilities are low (in BD), snow has been above average here the last 3 years, but that's ok by me, the last 15 before we were lucky to have the snowmobile trails open for a weekend the whole winter.  Never hunted the marsh, but a buddy of mine used to deer hunt there and did pretty well, no monsters, but he was able to keep meat in the freezer.  Goose hunting around here sucks, tag limits are restrictive, and they all hang out at the golf courses or the marsh where you can't shoot.  Schools are descent, the district is very careful on spending and do pretty well about when and how the go after a referendum if they need it.

I think me and Blackice are the only ones in the area on this forum.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.