The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: NEW TO THE SITE  (Read 3056 times)

Offline dania1ff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I rather be Ice Fishing
NEW TO THE SITE
« on: Jun 30, 2008, 08:09 AM »
Hello every one, I am new to the site and I love ICE FISHING I started lastyear with my father in law and I fell in love with it when I caught my first perch on stonycreek a nice 10" perch. At first I was like who the hell would go on the ICE fishing that's just crazy and why the hell would you go freeze your butt off for some fish BUT when I got out there with him and I pulled the first fish :'( mixed feelings and totally different point of view. So I would like to say hello to every one and I hope to learn from you guys as much as I can for this year's Ice fishing time..

See you on the ICE

Danial

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: NEW TO THE SITE
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2008, 08:30 AM »
You came to a great site, I have learned a lot from these guys. Welcome aboard  :thumbsup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2008, 09:21 AM »
It is a great site. You will have fun and learn lots. 

Offline dania1ff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2008, 01:23 PM »
Thanks guys,, I was driving on 75 the other day and took the exsit by pontiac silverdome, drove about 5 to 6 miles and I started passing lakes :o dose anyone knows are they good for ICE fiishing dose anyone ICE fishe there ??? I would like to check it out there.... And if so what kinda of fish there?????

Offline bear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2008, 05:17 PM »
Welcome to the site. You will have fun. bear

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2008, 08:58 PM »
dania1ff, Howdy! IceShanty is the best all the way around! There is something about Icefishing. Catch a bluegill during open-water is OK, but through the ice it is magical... ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline carbidemanfishing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jul 03, 2008, 08:45 AM »
There are plenty of lakes out in waterford with publick access good for icefishing.Cass, pontiac,sylvan,union are all good.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 03, 2008, 10:20 AM »
welcome aboard. this is the place to be.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline trapper_max

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jul 03, 2008, 01:07 PM »
howdy,  i take it your from mi?

tm :tipup:

Offline trapper_max

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jul 03, 2008, 01:17 PM »
oops, just relized its on the michigan forum, so what part of mi are you from?

tm :tipup:

Offline dania1ff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jul 03, 2008, 02:11 PM »
Thanks all for making feel welcome  ;D... I am from troy Rochester hills area. I can't wait to go ICE fishing this year I am preparing for everthing I have about 4 ICE fishing rods a bucket ( I hope to mount a chare on top or somthen) and I been shopping for jigs and all kinds a cool stuff.. I got an 8" auger that I got off of garage sale for $5 but with no blades I can get the blades later.. I am looking for a shanty but I am on a budged and the wife already raising her eyebrow every time I come home with ICE fishing stuff in my hands :-\ :o :laugh:. will see if I can get somthen that seat 2-3 ppl for a good price I get it... so will see I am so looking  :tipup: forward to it I hope  :tipup: I got to run  :tipup:in to some of  :tipup:you guys  :tipup:on the ICE 

fish on

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Jul 03, 2008, 08:48 PM »
Welcome, to your new home, Pull up a chair and get ready for a great learning experience.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
« Reply #12 on: Jul 03, 2008, 09:14 PM »
Welcome to the site and I'm afraid you've fallen into the same trap the rest of us have.....be prepared to find yourself day dreaming for many hours about sitting on the ice and just plain having a blast!

The lakes up in that area by the Palace are phenominal and can yield some very good crappie / bluegill results during the ice fishing season.  There's one in particular that is relatively small in size so it's always a first ice favorite.  Drop me a line in November and we can try and make it happen.  It's a well kept secret!

Also, check your PMs.  I've got a great deal on an almost new shanty for you......your wife will even like it!

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #13 on: Jul 07, 2008, 09:09 PM »
welcome aboard!!! feel free to search around and learn more info about ice fishing than you could imagine

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jul 09, 2008, 09:24 PM »
Check your battery in your vexi, start restring your poles slowly, but get ready to jump into our crazy thing we call ICE FISHING. Spend as much time as you can with your wife now cuz after deer season its all over!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to our crazy world!!!!!!!!
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline dania1ff

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: NEW TO THE SITE update
« Reply #15 on: Jul 15, 2008, 01:31 PM »
Well guys I found a FISHTV underwater camera.... any input I got it form Gandermounten for $85.00... "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAYED FOR" I belive in that saying is this camer wirth it I baught it but now I am having seconds thaughts about it and i don't know if I should return it or keep it.... any thaughts  ??? ??? ??? :-\

thanks

fish on

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jul 15, 2008, 02:42 PM »
If your having second thoughts then I would return it. Because you probably won't be happy with it.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline dania1ff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jul 15, 2008, 03:19 PM »
its not that I don't like it I am just not sure if its worth $85.. and I wonder how would it work in mucky waters?? The river that I be fishing in this winter by my cottage has tea color water ???

Offline sticks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jul 15, 2008, 03:50 PM »
take a small boat out or canoe and toss it over board and see if it works in the murky water. i think it would drive me up a wall if i could see the fish on the screen and couldnt catch them, oh wait it alread has. that why i dont bring electronics out there with me any more

Offline TJR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jul 15, 2008, 03:54 PM »
     cameras  are great in clear water, but in murky water not so good, i think  a flasher would work much better for you .    :)  tim

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jul 15, 2008, 05:06 PM »
The fish TV's were alright. The display was pretty good. They are right about the murky water, but if the budget allows, fish tv and a flasher.   You will find in time that a flasher is the first thing you grab.

Using a camera with your flasher helps in the understanding of what is going on below..... Once you start recognizing things with the flasher, the camera is not used as much anymore.

Offline dania1ff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Aug 04, 2008, 02:41 PM »
Alright guys so I was able t get one of those FISHTV cameras ;D for a very very resnable price $45. I took it out on the water the other day and it worked very smoothly the one thing that bothred me about it was trying to get the camera to point in the directions that I want was a  :-[ ??? >:(.. I would try to spin the camer with the cable but it just wasn't working.... any thoughts Ideas????? I heard the tripod would let me control the directions of the camer??

Please help

Thanks

Fish on

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Aug 04, 2008, 06:45 PM »
I got a tripod for mine.  What a big help that was, but you have to drill another hole. I think it was $16 from my local sporting goods store.

You can also try down viewing. I tried it a few times, but found it not to work so well for me.

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #23 on: Aug 04, 2008, 08:12 PM »
welcome aboard dania1ff, theres tons of good info along with some great people who will help you with anything to do with fishing.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline Got Ice?

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live to fish, fish to live!! Flag Man!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: Aug 05, 2008, 07:56 AM »
Welcome to the Shanty. Looks like your already getting addicted
In these tough times remember the ones who taught you your skills, give them some of your prize!

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Aug 05, 2008, 02:47 PM »
Marcum made a camera compass, have one works great. Basically nothing more that a frisbee with a slit and  a cleat to hold the cable. Sits over the hole, flush to the ice, and you simply twist it to the direction you want to see after the cable straightens itself out. Think it's still listed on Marcums site. Almost forgot, WELCOME to the site.

Offline dania1ff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Aug 12, 2008, 12:49 PM »
thanks for all your help. I feel so welcome on the site.... Well guys it looks like winter is coming early this year this pass sunday 8/10/08 temperature went down to 55Degrees.. it was crazy I was loving every moment of it... the wife on the other hand didn't wanna hear it  ;D. So thanks again for making me feel welcome I hope to see you on the ICE

Fish on..

Danial :tipup:

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #27 on: Aug 12, 2008, 06:05 PM »
I actually was thinking of using a real frisby, cutting the slit in it and then using a ball with a slit it it to pinch on the line. I'd use the two slit to reference as I turned it. I,d better build one of these things before frisby season is over for my fish tv.

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • give me cold temps and I'll keep em comming
« Reply #28 on: Aug 17, 2008, 12:37 PM »
Welcome Dan

Hay mud that is a good idea, possibly for more than one application.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.