New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1092236 times)

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Anybody fishing eldred area yet?
Yet? I was on ice there in December think you missed it bud

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
I was working near Lake Huntington Tuesday and talked to guy on the ice. He had six to seven. ramp access O.K. He said to enter off the dock, Actual ramp was a little thin. I will be checking White Lake At Least, later.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
FOG FOG and more FOG right now ..going to put a beating on the ice ..cold temps start rolling in about 8 pm tonight ...guess more spudding/chiseling for the weekend is in order.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline BlueSail

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey hardwater dh, I have not met you out on the ice this season  :(
I was at my local hole yesterday afternoon, still 5 solid inches. The most I saw this year was six, so held up well so far. Caught one keeper perch, some bass and slimy b@ast@rds. My shoreline was good but we saw some bad spots on the sunny side...
Yeah today's weather will put a small hurting on the thickness, but we will be out again Sunday!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Hey hardwater dh, I have not met you out on the ice this season  :(
I was at my local hole yesterday afternoon, still 5 solid inches. The most I saw this year was six, so held up well so far. Caught one keeper perch, some bass and slimy b@ast@rds. My shoreline was good but we saw some bad spots on the sunny side...
Yeah today's weather will put a small hurting on the thickness, but we will be out again Sunday!

Been out a handful of times ..mostly during the week ..going to try and hit it hard Friday through Sunday ..maybe Monday if the ice is still good .PM sent
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
Has anyone checked out Superior lately? Planning on taking a ride tomorrow morning. Hopefully there will be safe ice. I’m definitely ringing the spud bar.

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
I hurt my back this week so I didn't get out as expected.  No big deal I just wasn't going near the ice!lol. Good luck to those going out.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Was able to find 5in on my local lake yesterday afternoon  ..that previously was not safe ..big warm up throughout the day today from last overnight low of 2F..15F as I type looks like 6 SW winds for the next day or so and temps below freezing till noon tomorrow . Don't forget free fishing weekend ..so bring your friends that are on the fence ..good weather ..great way to introduce a new fishing buddy to our sport.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/89821.html

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
BTW looks like all the scheduled and rescheduled contests in Sullivan County NY have been cancelled for this weekend.

Offline iceman67

• IceShanty Rookie
Fished White lake today a good 5-6” of ice nothing but pickerel biting, nice weather anyway

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fished superior today with dave237 did pretty good on the gills and perch few pickerel 6” of ice on side farthest from boat launch wasn't looking safe no one walking out front the launch and needed waders to leave the ice about 8’ from shore was busted pieces of ice  3” thick but its shallow for the most part less then 12” deep

Offline bowski76

• Team IceShanty Regular
We had our annual outing at Wolf Lake (private lake) on Saturday, we had 5 1/2" to 6" of good ice (measured with a ruler).
Fishing was really slow, we normally do pretty good there.
Great day anyway.

Offline Slabs247

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone heard about a tournament on Wolf lake this Saturday???  Thanks

Offline Matt_Perch

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone heard about a tournament on Wolf lake this Saturday???  Thanks

Saw a post about it on FB, no link no information about it though.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wolf Lake is a totally private lake with no public access at all. I DO NOT know for sure but if there is a tournament on the lake I suspect it is for property owners and their guests and NOT open to the public.

Gam
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ask bowski, he was there.  Got out last night on local pond no fish till sunset and then panfish mania! Some of the biggest crappie I have seen in a while. Might go back once more with my son.

Offline bowski76

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm not sure if the contest is open to the public, we never fished the contest.
We only fish there once a year from my friends property on the lake.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm not sure if the contest is open to the public, we never fished the contest.
We only fish there once a year from my friends property on the lake.

If it was open to the public I can't envision where the parking and access would be. I just can't imagine the homeowners there allowing a free for all on their lake. I never heard of any public contest on Wolf in all my years here.

Gam
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline BlueSail

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wolf Lake fishing, even the contests, is for members only.
Guests must fish with a member present.
Lands are posted and patrolled.
We fish White Lake, Swinging Bridge and the Bashakill when they are safe.

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Wolf Lake fishing, even the contests, is for members only.
Guests must fish with a member present.
Lands are posted and patrolled.
We fish White Lake, Swinging Bridge and the Bashakill when they are safe.
Never fished the bashakill. How is it?

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bashakill is moving water so I don’t think ice is safe so be careful there are panfish bass pickerel and bowfin in it

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bashakill is moving water so I don’t think ice is safe so be careful there are panfish bass pickerel and bowfin in it
I knew a guy as a kid 70's early 80's that  would trap the bashakill in early December. He walked and set traps all the way around and then come back threw and pick up. That was his Christmas money!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Good evening  since it was a nice day I took a road trip drove by the Swan Lake Fire Department message board by the fire house said contest scheduled for tomorrow (Sun. Feb.23) is canceled. So if anyone had plans of attending the contest you will need to find another location to ice fish. I did not check ice conditions at any lakes. (sorry) My road trip was through western Ulster county and part of Delaware county there is still a few inches of snow on the ground in the Arkville area of Delaware county and western Ulster county. Drove from Big Indian to Grahamsville (Sullivan county) also snow in the Frost Valley YMCA camp area.

Have a safe and good Sunday everyone.
  Steve

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Good evening  since it was a nice day I took a road trip drove by the Swan Lake Fire Department message board by the fire house said contest scheduled for tomorrow (Sun. Feb.23) is canceled. So if anyone had plans of attending the contest you will need to find another location to ice fish. I did not check ice conditions at any lakes. (sorry) My road trip was through western Ulster county and part of Delaware county there is still a few inches of snow on the ground in the Arkville area of Delaware county and western Ulster county. Drove from Big Indian to Grahamsville (Sullivan county) also snow in the Frost Valley YMCA camp area.

Have a safe and good Sunday everyone.
  Steve

you happen to pass the pepacton a little up the road from arkville? is she open yet April is fastly aproaching

Offline fowlhookedny

• IceShanty Rookie
you happen to pass the pepacton a little up the road from arkville? is she open yet April is fastly aproaching

I drive over the shavertown bridge every morning and it is ice as far as the eye can see in both directions.  Most of it froze during those few cold days last week. 

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
I drive over the shavertown bridge every morning and it is ice as far as the eye can see in both directions.  Most of it froze during those few cold days last week.
Thanks for heads up soon very soon we’ll be out there bud you hear about new proposed trout regulations maybe opening up my stretch of river north of reservoir to fishing past oct 1...

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Hardwaterhonkey on my trip this past Saturday I made a brief stop at the Speed Way gas station in Arkville then headed back on route 28 to Big Indian . So was not near Pepcaton reservoir glad Fowlhookedny was able to answer your question.
 Steve

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Anybody know if Swinging Bridge, Toronto, or White Lake are safe? Thanks.

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Be safe in Dutchess county everything is open or just about open roads were covered with frogs driving to work in rain this morning

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Heavy winds till 1 am ..just hit 31F ..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.