Author Topic: Will there be any fishable ice left in the state by next weekend?  (Read 876 times)

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
I missed last week due to obligations, but would sure like to ice fish at least one more time.  I was wondering if any of you know where some might be left?  Upper Michigan, maybe.  WF?

There is no such thing as bad weather - only bad clothing.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
The weekly report from 11 Mile still shows plenty of ice, around 15" as of 3/19.  I'm betting WF and Dillon will have a few weeks left.  Just be careful on the edges, and maybe bring a plank for access.

http://www.11milesports.com/articles/fishing-report-pg206.htm
Weekly Fishing Report 03.19.15
CURRENT CONDITIONS: Warmer than normal daytime temperatures did not hurt the ice cap much at all this week because there was no wind. Some very minor shoreline melting around the rocks. The majority of the shoreline is solid for access. Three inches of snow last night and currently snowing. We punched a lot of holes this week and average ice thickness was 15 inches. Snow not really accumulating on the roads. Caution advised around shoreline at Witchers Cove and North Shore by the rocks. There is no shoreline fishing available currently.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
Fantastic!  I've heard about the plank thing before.  Sounds a little dicey!
There is no such thing as bad weather - only bad clothing.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Fantastic!  I've heard about the plank thing before.  Sounds a little dicey!
Not really, the water under the plank is not very deep- :P
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline DBHFisher12

• IceShanty Rookie
Out at WF this last Fri and there was atleast 12" of black ice under a couple inches of slush. Edges weree a bit soft and some open water around a couple points but once your 10' or so off the edge no issues. 

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
I remember seeing guys out on Crawford lake where they had to use 2-12' planks to get out on safe ice. I wont even try one 8' plank to get on or off.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.