Author Topic: Nice laker  (Read 880 times)

Offline COlipripper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice laker
« on: Mar 16, 2015, 10:54 AM »
Not the over 30" fish that I keep looking for but was my pb at 28.75" CPR (I always put anything over 22" back)

I must like the thrill of almost losing gear because this fish almost dragged my expensive lake trout setup down the hole.  :o I tend to just leave my rod laying on the ice but leave it 10+ft away just in case so I have time to run towards the deadstick and grab it.

Well, that technique worked but only because I happened to just get done exploring around the area and was standing near the deadsticked rod. I thought I saw it twitch out of the corner of my eye so I casually walked over to where it lay and as soon as I got over it...whoosh it started sliding fast towards the hole! I grabbed it quick as it slid by and that served as the solid hookset @)

Every other fish came on jigging....had to be jigging or else the fish would just stare at the offering and never bite. That's probably what made me even more lazy with just leaving the rods in the water, laying on the ice.  :P

Here's my take(some others also released) 12-20"ers shown. We landed around 22 fish between four of us in 5 hours of morning fishing.

Fantastic day!

Gotta work on that straight ahead shot  :-\
Selective harvest works!

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
Re: Nice laker
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2015, 01:36 PM »
Nice fish!  The big lakers have been hungry lately.  Cool story about the rod -- glad you got it back with a fish still on the line.   ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline mtnhillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2015, 02:30 PM »
nice work heading there tomorrow...

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2015, 09:34 PM »
Great fish, Looks like a perfect day out there!

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2015, 02:00 PM »
Nice laker - for a tiny body of water that lake certainly does hold some good macks!  in addition to my big one saturday I landed a 27" and 24" last wednesday.   
Friends don't let Friends use Tip-Ups

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.