Author Topic: New StrikeMaster cordless auger?  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
New StrikeMaster cordless auger?
« on: Jul 09, 2019, 06:07 PM »
Hello all, There was ramblings last year on here about a new strikemaster 6 inch auger similar to the pistol bit but with a center point I know I will be buying one anyone know when it would come out September maybe? Could not find much on line. I need to start saving up for one now ;D

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: New StrikeMaster cordless auger?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2019, 07:35 PM »
Here's some info on the new drill units coming out! It's all I've found so far!!  :thumbsup:
https://www.glensoutdoors.com/blog/sneak-peak-strikemaster-lite-flite-lazer-drill-unit.html
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2019, 01:06 AM »
Thank you!! exactly what I was looking for ;)

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2019, 02:17 AM »
Looks interesting. Just wish they would of listed the weight of the auger. Hope they are a true 6 & 8 inch auger unlike the k drills. Price is comparable to the k drill.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2019, 05:34 AM »
Looks interesting. Just wish they would of listed the weight of the auger. Hope they are a true 6 & 8 inch auger unlike the k drills. Price is comparable to the k drill.
Pretty sure Strikemaster will be the full 6 and 8". Eskimo and strikemaster have never called something it is not like the KDrill.
<===Lefty===

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jul 10, 2019, 08:39 AM »
Was super excited to see this new auger until I seen the price. Will most likely not fork out $200 for an 8in when my original lazer works and has been working good for 5 yrs on my drill. Like the looks and the idea of the new one though. Maybe $140 I'd bite the bullet.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Jul 10, 2019, 08:43 AM »
Was super excited to see this new auger until I seen the price. Will most likely not fork out $200 for an 8in when my original lazer works and has been working good for 5 yrs on my drill. Like the looks and the idea of the new one though. Maybe $140 I'd bite the bullet.
same thoughts.i like the power point but not the power price.i will run my mora or nero like i did last year.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2019, 10:42 PM »

They really have no reason to price way below the competition.  Kdrill and pistol are similarly priced. 

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #8 on: Jul 15, 2019, 12:43 AM »
I just laugh at the Eskimo & strikemaster "drill" bits. $200-$150 **censored**. I got my 8in nils with a PowerPoint for $135.

Any simple hand auger with a plate adaptor will work just fine. I ran a 6in lazer with an nda-2 adaptor turned down and a plate on it. Total invested......$20 used 6in $5 plate $25 turned down nda2 adaptor...$60 for a solid 6in lazer drill auger setup for in my one man Eskimo hut.

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jul 15, 2019, 09:20 AM »
The 6" weights 4.4 pounds and the 8" is 5.3 pounds.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jul 15, 2019, 08:32 PM »
I would assume this would bolt right on the Clam plate?

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jul 15, 2019, 08:44 PM »
I would assume this would bolt right on the Clam plate?

based on the description in the sneak peak link above it say it will fit a drill directly or can be made to fit any strikemaster powerhead so that tells me you would need clams adapter for the k drill since the diameter of the shaft of a k drill is the same diameter as a power auger shaft so that adapter should work with this new auger bit.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Jul 16, 2019, 12:45 PM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.