Author Topic: Humminbird 360 for ice fishing  (Read 7144 times)

Offline fishbowl69

• IceShanty Rookie
Humminbird 360 for ice fishing
« on: Dec 06, 2014, 02:30 PM »
Any one tried it threw the ice. It seems like it could be amazing for breaking down a lake quick and keeping up with schools of fish. Anybody have any thoughts on it? Sure it wouldn't replace a flasher but could change the game even more.

Offline chumster

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Humminbird 360 for ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2014, 10:20 PM »
Just wondering if there's a temp where it'll stop working. Don't know if i'd chance it freezing and damaging the unit. If it could withstand the cold, it seems like a good idea.

Offline Ramp 23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2014, 07:00 AM »
Good article on it in In -Fisherman magazine. Really interesting what they did & how quick you can cover water

Offline PaWhiskerWacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2014, 07:45 AM »
Wow, crazy unit..... Would really help in shallow water,  a guy I know uses his lowrance from his boat, through the ice.  It is a pretty nice unit, I am not sure which model, but he made a solid mount that hangs on the ice and the angle where the transducer attaches is adjustable.  He just angles the transducer a bit and slowly rotates the transducer to find structure in a similar manner, but man the 360 imagining is awesome.  If I only had $2000+ to spend on 1198 w/ 360 imagining I would be set.......Hey kids look what I got "you" for christmas......... ::) 

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2014, 10:38 AM »

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2014, 08:55 PM »
Thats awesome. Now where did I leave that spare 5 grand

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2014, 09:01 PM »
My next major purchase.  The bow mount is what I'm looking at.  It attaches to trolling motor.  And it s a lot smaller the the transon mount.   Bird has marked it down $500 since spring
I run the side imaging during soft water , so really looking forward to trying it...  The in fisherman article is helping me decide on the purchase being able to use it through the ice.   

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2014, 08:39 PM »
the best part would be pinpointing fish and structure then using the freeze/select to determine the distance...would be very fun to play with on the ice

There was a video on youtube of some guys in Europe using HB SI through the ice and rotating the transducer with a pan-cam style setup. Looked line fun.

Catchin' Fish

Offline CamoHunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2014, 03:48 PM »
My next major purchase.  The bow mount is what I'm looking at.  It attaches to trolling motor.  And it s a lot smaller the the transon mount.   Bird has marked it down $500 since spring
I run the side imaging during soft water , so really looking forward to trying it...  The in fisherman article is helping me decide on the purchase being able to use it through the ice.

Same here.  I think the trolling motor attachment would work much better, and less cumbersome.  I've been thinking you could mount an appropriately sized shaft vertically on the ATV, and make it easy to raise/lower in an ice hole.  How sweet would that be to see schools of perch moving around a mudflat, and be able to see their proximity to your location and go after them!

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 23, 2017, 09:59 PM »
So does anyone have anymore experience in using the 360 imaging for ice fishing, correct if I am wrong but doesn't the regular di ducer need to be moving before it will work

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2017, 10:13 PM »
I might give my transom mount a try this year.

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 04, 2018, 08:58 AM »
Since we have been talking about the garmin pantopix live vu I was wondering if anyone had a chance to try out the humminbird 360 imaging.i have a humminbird 990 already

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 04, 2018, 09:27 AM »
From the guy I know that has used the 360 in a boat, he said it’s great for finding structure and schools of bait, but it’s hard to see individual fish. It’s also not a system that you could jig with, as it’s not going to constantly be looking at your jig as it scans back and forth.
That said, it would be awesome to have one in the group/aresenal. just do a quick scan under the ice for a birds eye view picture of the bottom and structure, then go and scan closer with the panoptix!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.