New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Edicut for the page  (Read 4492 times)

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Edicut for the page
« Reply #30 on: Feb 11, 2019, 12:11 PM »
Exactly T-Rok that's why I worded my comment the way I did. I enjoy this site. But even when you go to the conditions board and ask for conditions and don't get a reply until the next day or night and then make the trip and find conditions are good or bad it's like why did I waste my time asking but I can say there have been a few who have gave a good report and they know who they are.
I live back in the woods you see

Offline fellinonce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 11, 2019, 12:53 PM »
What would be great is if you click on “Reports and conditions “, you got reports and conditions!!
Don’t ask, read, and if what you want isn’t there, wait longer.
No how’s the ice, where do I get bait, and park and planning a trip in 3 weeks come say hi.
That is what the b.s. pages and general ice fishing pages are for
Tap, Tap,.. Cross his eyes!

JJ

« Reply #32 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:11 PM »
R&C would work much better if people followed the rules hat are posted as a sticky:

The Reports and Conditions Board was developed to provide "current" information on ice conditions and fishing success. The original idea behind this section was to give our members a place to post only fishing reports and Ice conditions. It was intended to be a place to keep free of the general chit chat so ALL members could find up to date information quickly without wading through all the banter. We moderators understand that ALL members hate to have there posts deleted but this is a last ditch effort to maintain some order in this section. Please remember the Iceshanty.com Website/Forum Policies and follow these 3 simple rules.

1) Any posts that do not pertain to fishing reports or ice conditions may be removed.

2) Do not add posts to a thread "requesting" information for ice conditions, techniques, specific areas, to plan trips or, to just say "HI". Please use "Private Messaging" or start a topic in the NY General forum.

3) Moderators will start new topics. This will insure a consistent format.

JJ

« Reply #33 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:32 PM »
I was thinking the same thing. The Oneida thread hasn't even been locked yet.  ;D
RG used to keep busy with that one.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 11, 2019, 05:05 PM »
Last year I met a 1st time ice fishermen on this site.  He was new to the area and had been out a couple of times but no success.  He explained what he was doing and I knew he was using the wrong jigs, baits and techniques and in the wrong area.  I took this guy under my wing and explained what he should change, jig type and size, bait, rod and strike indicator.  I also put him on my parking and fishing area.  After a few posts to him on a BS page over a few weeks he posted a photo of his 1st good perch catch (a doz fish or so) and a photo of his 4 year old son enjoying a fish dinner.   But I received 2 PM's one each from two different guys saying I should not give that type of info. and their PM's were not friendly.  If I can help someone new I will, but now I do it by PM's.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #35 on: Feb 11, 2019, 05:28 PM »
Really??? Doesn't seem any worse than it ever was, actually seems pretty mild compared to the old days. So many NY threads used to get sent to Grumpy Old Men.

My delete button this year still looks brand new.  ;D

I was thinking the same thing. The Oneida thread hasn't even been locked yet.  ;D

I think that's because you guys are getting older and maybe a little more mature.  ::) ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:38 PM »
Meh. Half of the problem is everyone wants to be spoonfed info without doing their due diligence. Guys want to know conditions, water depth you're fishing, bait used, time of day, etc without leaving their couch.
I understand when you're not local and asking about conditions, I get it. But when the info has been posted several times(often in the same thread) and the weather hasn't changed at all, it's an old and tired routine.
It's often the same offenders. And they rarely post reports of their own.

Amen!!!!!!!

Also can't stand when the reports and Conditions pages are all but that.

Even worse, is when you post a condition or report, and ask that others keep the thread clean for reports and Conditions and the very next 2 posts blatantly disregard your polite requests.

Wish we could go back to the days where folks in general had a little bit more respect for others.

Where is the love?????
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:00 PM »
Crazy fingers

Offline gonephishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:20 AM »
Lol this thread is still happening?

As far as the spoon-fed go, y'all gotta remember that not everyone is a computer wiz. Not trying to be mean, but judging by some posts I've read, I'm surprised they pointed their browser in the right direction to find iceshanty.com to begin with.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:18 AM »
My delete button this year still looks brand new.  ;D

I think that's because you guys are getting older and maybe a little more mature.  ::) ;D

Older maybe, not sure about more mature. If biting my tongue a lot makes me more mature then I guess I am.  ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #40 on: Feb 12, 2019, 08:31 AM »
Had to have this done.

Becsuse of to much of this.

Do to 4 or 5 guys/old men this season.
And they know who they are.... ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #41 on: Feb 13, 2019, 03:23 AM »
Had to have this done.

Becsuse of to much of this.

Do to 4 or 5 guys/old men this season.
And they know who they are.... ;)
🥴

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #42 on: Feb 13, 2019, 03:33 AM »
Older maybe, not sure about more mature. If biting my tongue a lot makes me more mature then I guess I am.  ;D
That could be for some but in my case I’m not so sure mature is the word I’d use 😉

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #43 on: Feb 13, 2019, 05:22 AM »
What's an edicut? I think a lot of guys here have great etiquette. 

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #44 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:07 AM »
And the rest of us let that slide
 There always 1 lol 😆

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:44 AM »
I knew what "edicut" was, because I can't spell eater....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #46 on: Feb 13, 2019, 11:53 AM »
And the rest of us let that slide
 There always 1 lol 😆

I couldn't help it Fred.  ;D

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #47 on: Feb 15, 2019, 02:43 PM »
That's just rude and your not the first one.
I'm a 315er I don't spell to daggum good and rely on auto correct to much. They spelled it that way. Blahnik edicut
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.