The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Glendo ice  (Read 4067 times)

Offline BIG-A

• IceShanty Rookie
Glendo ice
« on: Jan 08, 2009, 06:09 PM »
I may be headed up to Glendo Sat. I wanting to know how the ice was holding up to the warm weather and wind. Any help would be great thank you .

Aaron

Offline Keith Walters

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Glendo ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2009, 06:49 PM »
I may be headed up to Glendo Sat. I wanting to know how the ice was holding up to the warm weather and wind. Any help would be great thank you .

Aaron

Three of us went today.  Fished from 8:15 to about noon.  Wind was terrible.  Water on the ice made things real slick.  We had just two bites and missed them both.  The ice is about a foot and was good this morning.  We used a plank to get on and off, but could have made it without.  When we left, the wind was really howling and the air temp was 50 degrees.  Did I mention that I hate wind (at least when it is that strong)! 

Good fishing and be careful out there.
Keith

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2009, 03:22 AM »
where did you fish at iam guna stop by there on my way back to chey from gillette. Iam going to Keyhole tom to try and find the crappie.

Offline Keith Walters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:25 AM »
where did you fish at iam guna stop by there on my way back to chey from gillette. Iam going to Keyhole tom to try and find the crappie.

We walked across from Reno to the mountain.

Keith

Offline walleye wackin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2009, 02:25 PM »
Hope we get some reports after this weekend.  Planning a trip for next weekend, any info would be great.  Hope the ice holds up.
Work Less<br />Fish More

Offline MaineWyofishslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2009, 03:54 PM »
fished Glendo yesterday all day. fish bit steady till noon then shut right off till just before dark. will post picks in a bit.
Watch your top knot!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2009, 08:51 PM »
heres the two biggest

here are the other 4

Watch your top knot!

Offline BigZee44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2009, 09:11 PM »
Nice eyes.  Glad to see someone catching some fish out there.  Sounds like it had been pretty slow latley. 

How was the ice, are they still filling it?

Zack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2009, 11:36 PM »
saturday there was a huge crowd out there and i was fishing about 300 yards to the right of them. they were using a plank to get on the ice. ice was good and clear just around the edges sucked. i dont know how its gonna hold with this weeks forcast of warm weather coming up. but there are fish to be caught there. this was the first time in a while i didnt catch any little small walleye there
Watch your top knot!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2009, 09:27 AM »
Very nice MWS!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • worst day of fishing better than best day of work
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2009, 09:36 AM »
way to go WFS those are all nice looking to me :thumbsup:
Randy

Offline Reeldeal

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:28 PM »
any new report on the ice at Glendo? was thinking about going this weekend

Offline bigrod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:36 PM »
Yes, any reports on at least the condition of the ice would be great.  There are 8 or 10 of us heading there for three days this weekend and I hate to drive that far if the ice is no good.

Offline Percheyes21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:30 AM »
We were there the other day, the ice was a little thicker the first 20 feet from shore. 12" once you get out on it.  Still bring planking to be safe.  You wont be the only one out there this weekend Im sure.  Fishing was fair to good, had to keep moving until you got on them.  Nothing big.

Good luck
Hardwater Nut

Offline dragaline

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Hope we get some reports after this weekend.  Planning a trip for next weekend, any info would be great.  Hope the ice holds up.

Offline dragaline

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2009, 09:38 AM »
Now that's my kind of fishin' buddy. Six is the limit and six in possession...no more...release the rest always.

Offline dwilliams

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Slammin' Slabs
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Headed to Glendo Saturday Morning, are people driving ATV's over to the mountain or is everyone hoofing it?

Offline walleye wackin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 15, 2009, 01:11 PM »
Now that's my kind of fishin' buddy. Six is the limit and six in possession...no more...release the rest always.

You have to let the big ones go to breed, ya know.
Work Less<br />Fish More

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 15, 2009, 01:52 PM »
Really? ;)
Watch your top knot!

Offline dragaline

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 17, 2009, 01:30 PM »
You have to let the big ones go to breed, ya know.
Hogs is hogs...fish is fish! Think I could attract a few with a shot of Dr. Juice?

Offline dwilliams

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Slammin' Slabs
« Reply #20 on: Jan 18, 2009, 03:33 PM »
Hoofed it over to the mountain Saturday and Sunday.  The ice is pretty iffy around the edges.  My buddy got wet coming off the ice Saturday when the ice collapsed under the plank he was on.  People are still using ATV's and there is enough ice once you're out on it.  Caught a few perch and some tiny walleye sat, a limit of walleyes on Sunday with just one perch.  Nobody I talked to was tearing them up.  If the 50 degree temps and strong winds stay around there won't be enough ice to walk on by next weekend.

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 19, 2009, 05:59 PM »
Hoofed it over to the mountain Saturday and Sunday.  The ice is pretty iffy around the edges.  My buddy got wet coming off the ice Saturday when the ice collapsed under the plank he was on.  People are still using ATV's and there is enough ice once you're out on it.  Caught a few perch and some tiny walleye sat, a limit of walleyes on Sunday with just one perch.  Nobody I talked to was tearing them up.  If the 50 degree temps and strong winds stay around there won't be enough ice to walk on by next weekend.

I've gotta go by Glendo for work tomorrow. I'll stop by and have a look at the ice.

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 20, 2009, 06:12 PM »
Glendo is still completely covered from the dam, through Reno and the Red Hills area. I didn't see any open water. Looking at the weather, I would say there's a good chance it can make it through these two more days of warm weather we have in the forecast and maybe get solid enough to fish again but I'm not sure it will be fishable this weekend. Right now, the ice around the edges is breaking up or just open. I wouldn't try to fish it the way it is and I see we have two more days of 50+ degree temps in the forecast. Even if you could plank it enough to get to the solid ice, the chances of it breaking up behind you would make for some stressful fishing.

The shoreline by the dam has cracked into driveway-sized chunks that have some spooky 8" wide cracks in them. The wind was blowing about 20 when I was there and the ice was moving around pretty good.

If it does snow this weekend like they are predicting, be darned careful and for sure don't venture out with an ATV. One of those big chunks could trapdoor you into the water without you even seeing the crack under the snow.

Offline bowhunter 1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 21, 2009, 08:57 PM »
I hope she makes it through tomorrow, if it can it will be in the clear for a little while anyway.highs in the 30s and lows in the single digits after thursday.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 24, 2009, 05:24 PM »
if anybody hits it this weekend or tries to please give us an update
Watch your top knot!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.