The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Utah Perch  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
Utah Perch
« on: Feb 13, 2008, 01:40 PM »
 Where would the best place to go for perch down in Utah? Pineview (where ever that is),Echo (I know where that is),or Deer Creek. Or any other kinda close to SW Wyoming?
 And where is the ice going to be good?  :tipup:

Thanks Guys
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Utah Perch
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2008, 03:16 PM »
 Maybe I should've posted this on the Utah forum. Sorry guys, old habits....well ,you know.... :tipup:

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2008, 03:26 PM »
Maybe I should've posted this on the Utah forum. Sorry guys, old habits....well ,you know.... :tipup:
Naaah...ya did right WI, lots of the guys on the border sneak over to UT to catchem, take a look at Bigred1's latest perchpost. I'd post on both sites. laters, good luck,
                                                                               LT ;D

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2008, 04:07 PM »
 10-4 LT... If it wasn't soooo far over the mountain, I would come and visit you guys ;)  :tipup:

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2008, 04:29 PM »
10-4 LT... If it wasn't soooo far over the mountain, I would come and visit you guys ;)  :tipup:
Sheesh, yeah, I'm thinking about coming over to the Pinedale Lakes, I'm up fer a mac! BD, Spud and WLR have pulled some nice ones out of the Dead Sea  ;D

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2008, 04:41 PM »
Sheesh, yeah, I'm thinking about coming over to the Pinedale Lakes, I'm up fer a mac! BD, Spud and WLR have pulled some nice ones out of the Dead Sea  ;D

Yeah Buddy, I'm up to Pinedale twice a week and have threatened my guys that I'm going to take my stuff w/ me and give it a go.
 Sounds like another overnight er to me... :tipup:

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2008, 07:20 PM »
Echo , Rockport , Jordanelle , Pineview , Mantua , and even Bear Lake have perch . Yuba has been the hot spot but it would be 180 miles from Evanston . Bear Lake has some big perch but it is rare if you catch one . Rockport is just down the road from Echo and is on the rebound from a crash in the perch from a few years ago . Also you need a state park pass to fish at Rockport , Jordanelle , and Yuba . Jordanelle is your best bet but lots of snow there to get thru . Echo has been good , and a good bet to fish . Some cats , browns ,smallies , and rainbows are also there . I have only fished Echo once and took first place in the fishing derby that year .
Utah Ice

Offline Perch Crazy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2008, 08:21 PM »
Fish Lake is a little further to the south in central UT but holds macs and trout as well.  Most people fish for the macs with strips of perch.  What a waste!!

Offline Gusman14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2008, 10:57 AM »
I would recommend Echo which is at the junction of I-84 and I-80 and then Pineview.  Take I-84 to the Mountain Green Exit and go 12 miles north over Trappers Loop.  Both Lakes have been good for perch this winter but Echo has been hot as of late.

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2008, 11:35 AM »
How big are the perch in Echo?

Offline Bigred1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2008, 04:07 PM »
When I was at Echo three weeks ago the perch we caught were from three to 11 inches long.  Had a blast as far as numbers with a few nice ones.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.