Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

Ice Sled Runners

(1/1)

bushbunny:
I have found that the best runners that you can put on your sleds is what we call up here "puck board".  It is the composite strip about 6" wide  1/4" thick along the bottom of the hockey boards in your local arena.  They are replaced on a regular basis and up here, the price is right.  They are easily cut to size on a table saw.  Counter sink the holes and you have a set of runners that will last the lifetime of your sled!!  Go to your nearest arena and tell them that you will do them a huge favour by hauling the old ones away.  Usually they will be more than happy to get rid of them.  

John_Boy:
i built my own sled with cross country snow skiis and a few aluminum strips in which i formed a tic tac toe design.     mounted 2x4's standing on edge about 5 inches long  for keeping my stuff out of the snow. you would not believe how easily this pulls. especially when there's not much snow on the ice

pikepicker:

--- Quote from: John_Boy on Nov 09, 2003, 06:57 PM ---i built my own sled with cross country snow skiis and a few aluminum strips in which i formed a tic tac toe design.     mounted 2x4's standing on edge about 5 inches long  for keeping my stuff out of the snow. you would not believe how easily this pulls. especially when there's not much snow on the ice
[/quote
on my shanty it 4*5 on the runners i manage to get a chunk of tethlon four inches by 12 feet work slick on snow and ice but is pritty exspencive.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version