The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Helix XI 9 1521 Transducer in Stock  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Helix XI 9 1521 Transducer in Stock
« on: Nov 12, 2022, 05:21 PM »
If you or anyone you know looking for the Helix XI 9 1521 dual spectrum transducer Scheels has them in stock- Id hurry before their all sold out..

https://www.scheels.com/search?q=humminbird+xi+9+1521+dual+spectrum+ice+transducer&lang=en_US
Marvin

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Helix XI 9 1521 Transducer in Stock
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2022, 12:17 PM »
in addition, Scheels and Hodges Marine and i'm sure a few other spots have the whole Helix ICE 7 and ICE 5 unit for sale-Again I wouldn't wait long as it's taken them 1 1/2 years to get them.

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/
Marvin

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2022, 04:43 PM »
If you or anyone you know looking for the Helix XI 9 1521 dual spectrum transducer Scheels has them in stock- Id hurry before their all sold out..

https://www.scheels.com/search?q=humminbird+xi+9+1521+dual+spectrum+ice+transducer&lang=en_US
They’ve been in stock for a few weeks now.

Offline slamber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2022, 05:32 PM »
Ordered, thanks for the heads up.

Offline BillBohmanArt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2022, 11:06 AM »
You guys ever have issues with battery life on the helix’s?

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2022, 03:08 PM »
I havent- The regular acid battery seems to last a day/half. then I got the lithium and it will go 3 days if you fish for only 4 hours per day, much lighter battery to.
Marvin

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2022, 03:25 PM »
I've used a Helix 7 the past two seasons with a 10ah lithium battery. After fishing all day in the open, I still have plenty of power at the end of the day.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2022, 04:10 PM »
I think it depends on how you set them up. I use the black background and set brightness to five. It is set at ten when the unit is turned on. I have gone nine hours and my battery was still reading 76%. I switched to a 15 aH battery last year.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2022, 04:10 PM »
I think it depends on how you set them up. I use the black background and set brightness to five. It is set at ten when the unit is turned on. I have gone nine hours and my battery was still reading 76%. I switched to a 15 aH battery last year.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline slamber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2022, 05:50 PM »

Same settings here. I use a Helix 9 from my boat and with a 10ah lithium battery, all day in the open, it would be around 20-40%, depending on temp. Last year I switched to a 20ah lithium, same conditions and it will still be at 70% or so. Helix 7 would make more sense for ice fishing but 9's are what I've got on the boat; The big screen sure is nice though.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 15, 2022, 09:20 AM »
That was quick. Already sold out! They have the ice shuttle bundle for my helix 9 but to the tube if $410 . Not quite sure that’s worth it 😂
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline jakediesel1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 18, 2022, 12:13 PM »
That was quick. Already sold out! They have the ice shuttle bundle for my helix 9 but to the tube if $410 . Not quite sure that’s worth it 😂

im going to just buy the power supply and use my boat transducer in ice fishing mode and build a diy crate. ive always used my boat transducer on my garmin striker 4 and never have issues whatsoever. Other than maybe moving it around the hole every once in a while i dont see the reason to buy the ice ducer power supply is only $21

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 18, 2022, 02:21 PM »
Yes that is always a great way to continue to use your Boat Fish finder is to take some PVP pipe drill a hold in the bottom put the bolt from the transducer thru it and T the top and set it in the hole- Works pretty slick. And works just fine!! Heck a guy can find a boat transducer probably 10 times quicker than the ice one anyways..
Marvin

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 18, 2022, 03:38 PM »
There’s no way I’m taking my boat ducer off hahaha! It was quite the project. But yes, maybe I don’t need the full pack. Just a power supply and the transducer. I just really wouldn’t want to damage my head unit taking it to all these places and bouncing it around. Truthfully, it’ll probably stay in the boat this year but after I scan a few more lakes or areas of lakes it will start coming with me.
Trent Williams

Offline jakediesel1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 20, 2022, 03:51 PM »
Got mine done! Now just need to test it out. Even made stickers, added a mount and a transducer cup,

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 20, 2022, 07:23 PM »
NICE
Trent Williams

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.