Author Topic: 5 favorite walleye lures  (Read 48649 times)

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 5 favorite walleye lures
« Reply #60 on: Dec 29, 2011, 04:20 AM »
mine are sidewinder,castmaster,jigging rapala,heddon sonar,cicada.
PWR BAIT long time, how have you been? Hope to see you on the ice very soon. Pete

Offline scottro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Oct 01, 2021, 02:57 PM »
Walleye Flyer.  I am trying to find some to purchase if anyone has some they would part with.

Scott

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Nov 26, 2021, 09:02 PM »
Walleye Flyer.  I am trying to find some to purchase if anyone has some they would part with.

Scott

Almost impossible to find, those that have them..........keep them. Still my number one for ice fishing walleye. The jigging raps have similar action but don't have the stand up hook which is so deadly when setting them on the bottom. Lots of stand up jigs on the market but they don't have the swimming action. Good Luck on your search.

Offline scottro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jul 25, 2022, 08:43 PM »
I started making the walleye flyer design lure.  The finish is not as pretty as the original but they swim as good or better than the original.

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Oct 08, 2022, 07:46 PM »
What length of hooks do you use. Do you have a website

Offline scottro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 08, 2023, 07:18 PM »
On the large ones I use a 2/0 mustad round bend.  On the middle size I use the 1/0 mustad.  I would rate the hooks in the 65% for sharpness.  Not in a league with the Owner needle sharp or the gamagatzu but better than average.

Actually I can put a custom hook in them if you want because of the mold design I make them with.

No website I am still on the fence about getting serious making these.

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 08, 2023, 07:59 PM »
On the large ones I use a 2/0 mustad round bend.  On the middle size I use the 1/0 mustad.  I would rate the hooks in the 65% for sharpness.  Not in a league with the Owner needle sharp or the gamagatzu but better than average.

Actually I can put a custom hook in them if you want because of the mold design I make them with.

No website I am still on the fence about getting serious making these.
I used these for years but they were discontinued and I only have a few left. If you decide to make them let me know I would probably take a dozen or so.

Offline scottro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Jan 10, 2023, 08:29 PM »
I will sell them for $2 each plus shipping.  I am in Pennsylvania near Pittsburgh.

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 10, 2023, 10:32 PM »
I will sell them for $2 each plus shipping.  I am in Pennsylvania near Pittsburgh.
What colors do you have. I will check at the post office here and see what shipping is, I live in Alberta.

Offline scottro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Jan 14, 2023, 07:10 PM »
I have chartreuse green, chartreuse yellow, White, and unfinished silver.

I do not use pure lead to cast these.  They are shinier than regular lead and slightly lighter.

the White is more of an off white color not the snow white color normally sold.  You could dip the unfinished any color you choose of course.

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 14, 2023, 08:21 PM »
I have chartreuse green, chartreuse yellow, White, and unfinished silver.

I do not use pure lead to cast these.  They are shinier than regular lead and slightly lighter.

the White is more of an off white color not the snow white color normally sold.  You could dip the unfinished any color you choose of course.
Do you have specific weights you make, I would be interested in the one with the 1/0 hook, in a 1/4oz. in chartreuse green.

Offline scottro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Jan 15, 2023, 11:03 AM »
I have some of them made up already.  I have a video of one swimming.  I dont know how to attach it to this post. I am just going straight up and down with the rod and not leading it around.

Offline scottro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Jan 15, 2023, 04:19 PM »
Eyeflyer my account cannot seem to send private messages despite me trying to send them.  my email is [email protected]
if you want to talk via email.

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 15, 2023, 09:26 PM »
Eyeflyer my account cannot seem to send private messages despite me trying to send them.  my email is [email protected]
if you want to talk via email.
I am receiving your messages.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.