Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Live Baits and Plastics

Aerator

(1/5) > >>

Esox fisherman:
Could my aereator be causing my minnows to die because its meant to pump a 100 gal tank but im using in a 2 gal bucket

Rebelss:
Well, if the water looks like a boiling pot of water, probably.

Esox fisherman:

--- Quote from: Rebelss on Feb 06, 2022, 07:57 AM ---Well, if the water looks like a boiling pot of water, probably.

--- End quote ---

Rebelss:
I'm gonna say I think that's your issue. Too much aeration dissolved nitrogen (air) in your livewell water can kill bait and fish.
Air is not oxygen, these gasses are very different. Air is a mixture of gasses that contains oxygen (21%), but it primarily contains nitrogen gas (79%). Too much infused nitrogen will kill fish. They need dissolved OXYGEN in a proper percentage to live.

Esox fisherman:

--- Quote from: Rebelss on Feb 06, 2022, 03:59 PM ---I'm gonna say I think that's your issue. Too much aeration dissolved nitrogen (air) in your livewell water can kill bait and fish.
Air is not oxygen, these gasses are very different. Air is a mixture of gasses that contains oxygen (21%), but it primarily contains nitrogen gas (79%). Too much infused nitrogen will kill fish. They need dissolved OXYGEN in a proper percentage to live.

--- End quote ---

Any electric aerators that you would recommend thats on the cheaper side

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version