The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: A couple weeks of slow fishing and aggravation  (Read 1739 times)

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
A couple weeks of slow fishing and aggravation
« on: Jan 21, 2022, 09:08 AM »
Been trying to land a good lake trout through the ice this year, pretty much like every other year, and haven’t yet put it together. My family, some friends, and I traveled to Boysen to try and scratch that perch itch and my dad is the only one who caught anything bigger than about 4”, except for massntrash’s beauty of a rainbow. I don’t go to Boysen to catch trout, but the quality of them in Boysen is awesome! Here’s some pics, and like always a video at the end!

Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: A couple weeks of slow fishing and aggravation
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2022, 11:20 AM »
Another fun watch! Sometimes the quiet is enough for me plus the sunrises and sunsets remind me that a higher power is calling the shots.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2022, 01:07 PM »
Great video! It's been slower on the southwest part of the state too. We've caught fish, but no lights out days yet. A lot of hard work for a few fish here and there. Ice fishing season is really good for my health because I get into shape when the fishing is bad drilling so many holes and pulling heavy gear hours and hours over the lake with an addicted mindset that hates to give up :-)

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2022, 02:34 PM »
I still enjoyed the video despite the slow fishing. Video really doesn't depict how bad it really was until the end when you threw your rod lol. I had to tell myself to enjoy it while I was out there too. A couple largies sure improved my mood on Sunday before I bailed.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2022, 03:16 PM »
I agree with you Scott. I had to laugh (later) about the full concept of my grandma texting me a prayer, me telling her and the camera how great of a forging prayer that was, and then the sequence of events that followed…as well as the events before.

Waterlike, yep I agree with you. It’s been tough sledding! I’m glad you enjoyed the video!

Ryan, I couldn’t completely bore the people hahaha! I completely deleted day 2 after editing a bit of it. It was just terrible. Boysen may scare me away for a while.
Trent Williams

Offline branded

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2022, 07:58 AM »
Awesome movie and Exceptional guidance. Thank You. KEEP UP THE FIGHT AND HOLD THE LINE.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2022, 10:11 AM »
Awesome movie and Exceptional guidance. Thank You. KEEP UP THE FIGHT AND HOLD THE LINE.

You got it! Thank you!
Trent Williams

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2022, 09:14 AM »
Trent, Your video was one of the best, very powerful into what hunting and fishing is all about. Do you measure your success by what you harvest most of the time we do. You generally get out of hunting and fishing what you put into it.
There was a time in my life I was very successful in the outdoors, but I was out there all the time, not so much these days. People used to say man you have really caught some nice, fish and I have, but what they don't know is all the days I was out there and came home empty handed, my wife knows.
I believe it just makes you want it that much more. But we must realize all the time we spend outdoors with friends and family are perfect, life is short.
Oh by the way, I just got back last night from Ft Peck and was humbled we caught a few fish. I rained on us for some of two of the days, One night at midnight it was a down pour. January, rain, midnight.
When we left there was two to three inches of water on top of the ice in places, we joked that we better get off because it was white capping.
I decided to make it home in time to watch the Bills and Chiefs play, what a game. I was oping Josh Allen and the Bills would win. So do you measure success on winning, how do you think Josh feels today. He is a winner in my book.
We all know you will be back, you are a winner in my book. Tight lines, Cargo

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2022, 11:22 AM »
Trent, Your video was one of the best, very powerful into what hunting and fishing is all about. Do you measure your success by what you harvest most of the time we do. You generally get out of hunting and fishing what you put into it.
There was a time in my life I was very successful in the outdoors, but I was out there all the time, not so much these days. People used to say man you have really caught some nice, fish and I have, but what they don't know is all the days I was out there and came home empty handed, my wife knows.
I believe it just makes you want it that much more. But we must realize all the time we spend outdoors with friends and family are perfect, life is short.
Oh by the way, I just got back last night from Ft Peck and was humbled we caught a few fish. I rained on us for some of two of the days, One night at midnight it was a down pour. January, rain, midnight.
When we left there was two to three inches of water on top of the ice in places, we joked that we better get off because it was white capping.
I decided to make it home in time to watch the Bills and Chiefs play, what a game. I was oping Josh Allen and the Bills would win. So do you measure success on winning, how do you think Josh feels today. He is a winner in my book.
We all know you will be back, you are a winner in my book. Tight lines, Cargo

Hey buddy, good to hear from you, and glad you made an ice trip!! Yea this whole weather thing will drive a guy nuts if you let it.

I had fully prepared to not make a video out of anything as the footage just wasn’t there. Honestly, while replaying the footage and just “making sure” I could see the life lessons and hidden meanings just kind of start to take place. I figured it could help some people so I decided to make something of it. I’m sure somebody with better editing skills couldn’t really driven the point home, but we’re stuck with my sub par skills! Hahaha! Thank you for your kind words!

As for the Bulls game, that was the best game I’ve watched in recent memory. It had it all from start to finish. Watching Josh on college there were times he let the moment get to him, and then showed his frustration afterward. The first play of that last drive where he threw the ball to nobody I thought “uh oh…don’t let it happen Josh!” The cameras then did a great job of zooming in on him in the huddle and you can tell he wasn’t wide eyed, and was ready to go. He did. He couldn’t have played any better and that makes me happy! That’s my analysis for the day! Hahaha.

Sitting on the ice now, waiting for a big one. Not looking good, but I’m still having fun!
Trent Williams

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2022, 12:07 PM »
 :thumbsup: Hope you're plan to enter that 1st sunset pic in Wyo Wildlife photo contest! Looks like a winner in the recreation catagory ;D

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2022, 09:39 AM »
As always you make down time more fun for all of us a huge thank you again. Thier were 3 of us fishing 3 different spots. We had a great time as always and had a crazy time in one spot for saugers with over 20 fish and maybe 30 more flags on Friday and Saturday no bights after 9 pm Saturday. 
olefish

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2022, 12:52 PM »
:thumbsup: Hope you're plan to enter that 1st sunset pic in Wyo Wildlife photo contest! Looks like a winner in the recreation catagory ;D

Where is this contest you speak of hahaha! It was quite the light show!
Trent Williams

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2022, 12:53 PM »
As always you make down time more fun for all of us a huge thank you again. Thier were 3 of us fishing 3 different spots. We had a great time as always and had a crazy time in one spot for saugers with over 20 fish and maybe 30 more flags on Friday and Saturday no bights after 9 pm Saturday.

Thanks buddy. It’s great to see those sauger getting up to real eater size! I bet that was fun!
Trent Williams

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 27, 2022, 02:22 PM »
Where is this contest you speak of hahaha! It was quite the light show!
   Wyoming Wildlife is the award winning Wyoming Game and Fish monthly publication. Photo contest every year. Photogs from all over U.S. and amateur's alike! Outstanding!!! https://wgfd.wyo.gov/about-us/wyoming-wildlife.     Enjoy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.